Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Government waste

Government waste

Ok, this is your chance to tell others about waste by your government, be it electronics, cars, people, etc.

I'll start- Today, while killing time between classes I noticed a pair of dismantled HP PCs sitting outside. Now, this wasn't some 80's leftover tech, mind you. These were Windows XP with Pentium 4-similar to the one I am using now

But, all the good stuff- hard drive, disk drive(s), were stripped, and I didn't want to get suspended for picking and ahem- picking parts off to sell, so I didn't dig.

So... If you want an empty shell, there's 2 in the area near the gym at Lowell High School in San Francisco.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I dunno how many cars I've seen by the border that have been ripped apart and confiscated due to drug, weapons, and money smuggling. Now I'm not talking the BP opening the trunk and glove box to see whats inside and peeking under the seats to look for handguns. I'm talking dashboards literally ripped out, seats cut apart, gas tanks removed, tires sliced open, and door panels taken off. They look in fenders, under the carpet, in the headliner, and even the window washer reservoir. They have no mercy, and they don't put them back together even if they find absolutely nothing. Most are usually newer trucks and SUV's even Escalades. Some of the ones that are not as serious make it to a warehouse and get sold at auctions downstate someplace but most are junked and taken away. It's a waste really as most could be sold for decent profit even if its just for parts.

Please keep in mind I live 5 miles away from a Native American reservation known by the FBI as one of the top 10 smuggling locations in the United States. It may seem like a quiet place but plenty of shit goes down. Its common to see convoys of state troopers and FBI agents rolling in VERY early in the morning, and then reading a large list of arrests in the next mornings paper.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Introducing a new public transport system,besides the normal excellent connections. Then finding out after 5 crashes,something is wrong itht the rails,trains AND stations. What a way to waste millions.

All the lost datasticks with sometimes secret data are not very clever either...

Lucliky here in Canberra the government is trying to curtail waste by closing surplus and unneccessary schools, left over from the pre-self government days, and trimming back the public service. Though they're still to useless to build a 1/4 mile of flat tarmac and couple of sheds.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

....and above all that people prefer to waste precious taxpayer dollars keeping dilapidated, bad, schools working, when they can get new, and better, facilities for tomorrow.

and, come to think of it, where the bloody hell IS our dragway?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    ....and above all that people prefer to waste precious taxpayer dollars keeping dilapidated, bad, schools working, when they can get new, and better, facilities for tomorrow.
    I think it's more than they want to keep a 300+ student capacity school with 60 kids (who may not neccessairly be ACT kids) open so they don't have to go 5 min to the next suburb

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    and, come to think of it, where the bloody hell IS our dragway?
    Don't know. I wanna run my GPX down it!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

24 Second Claudia Q/Mile FTW

LOL, I reckon I could get a 16 out of Donald.
    – Hunter Thompson

Ah, my city invested a few million (together with the national government) into a bus that wouldn't need a driver (it would reacct on magnet underneath the road)... The buses are already there, but with a driver. All over the city, special bus lanes have been constructed for this high-tech bus to drive on... Recently the Eindhoven Daily reported that the system has failed...

And as Drakkie already mentioned: high profile people at the government are getting the habit to lose data sticks with classified information on them.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

There was a big kerfuffle in Australia recently during the Investigation into the Death of Private Jake Kovco and the subsequent stuff-up that surrounded trying to get his body back to Australia - lets just say it didn't happen first time.

One of the Military people who was investigating why this was so was adding some data to her report at Melbourne Airport's QANTAS club when she left for her flight.....leaving the CD she was using in the drive of a computer. Cue major arse covering by the government and we haven't heard much of this officer recently...........

Donald = Subaru 2ndCC? he he. i see donald in that car. I could probably force some decent speed out of her but it would just be embarassing - she's not meant to sound like a boxer engine

Nope, Donald is the GPX. Because it's a Kwaka. I think the Scooby would probably rocket home in a massive 25sec. Close run with Claudia
    – Hunter Thompson

I challenge you to a Duel <glove slap>

*Puts on carbon knuckled riding gloves*

Bring it.
    – Hunter Thompson

In scooby, fool.

I'd have to get the Jeep to compare with Donald - probably just to run you off the road

name your time and place.

I'll still whoop you in the Scooby. 4wd + clutch dump = launchzor

Though more likely 4wd + clutch dump = kAB0omzorZohthepainFireBurnCargoesBoooM
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information