Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MS Vista goes on sale

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    I am extremely disappointed with how they are going about their "content protection". This alone would give it a worse rating in most benchmarks. I am sure that there are other unadvertised resource draining "features" embedded in Vista:
    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...fm?newsid=7675
    So if I understand correctly from the article, you have to download your music from Microsoft sources or get crap quality ?

I guess MS is lucky the Linux interfaces are still not as n00b-proof as XP or they will lose a lot of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    So if I understand correctly from the article, you have to download your music from Microsoft sources or get crap quality ?

I guess MS is lucky the Linux interfaces are still not as n00b-proof as XP or they will lose a lot of customers.
    absolutley. what happened to the healthy marketplace. Maybe linux could develop a more competitive product for the average PC user - (or are they being payed off not too). I want a Mac for PC personally!
    autozine.org

Both my computer and laptop have legit copies of Windows XP and honestly, it is unworthy of buying Vistam since only my computer will be able to support it. I'll wait awhile until the protection is fully cracked and I may give it a shot then.

I did however get Office 2007 Enterprise. I must say I love the new "Ribbon" interface and all the documents are half the size of the previous versions. (Due to the new file format).

Office is one of those things Microsoft did really well.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

I had a beta of Office 2007 and it was bloody brilliant. Then it stopped working. I cried for a while. It's not something I like to dwell on for too long.

I'm sure it'll crop up somewhere soon. Then the world will be shiny again.

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    i wont b upgrading quiet soon. i have an able laptop, and have ordered my free copy (yet its still to arrive) but i use my laptop for everything, school work, games, music, etc... and from what i've heard the new sound setup for vista throws sound cards out of whack. http://pc.ign.com/articles/759/759538p1.html .
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Yes it is a warmed over XP. Yes I am getting it today and installing it on both our desktop computers.

Why? Because every time since Win 95 that MS has released a new OS, I've gotten it on day one. And I *swore* that I wasn't going to do it this time but over the weekend, I caved in to the hoopla...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I would think you get Vista, if not now, fairly soon.
    Im guessing they would make it an option just to milk the market.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    absolutley. what happened to the healthy marketplace.
    Basically MS has a monopoly. By keeping the source-code a secret there is no way another OS like Linux cannot give competability with many different pieces of hardware. For example my WLAN-card gives big trouble with it.

Luckily Neelie Kroes and the EU give MS pretty big fines. I heard that they allready had a case running against them for the latest Vista

This picture captures it pretty good:

Some of my computer shops have been using Vista for more then 2 months now. My last stop too one about 6 weeks ago was a total shock too me, I was looking at the OS and thinking WTF is this, It's Vista already? Then last night i seen Big silly billy gates on TV just about too release Vista.

He spoke of some upgrades i like in the OS system, Parental control not just content but time as well, No need too buy this software it's in the OS..
    If i was using a AMD 64 X2 5200 right now i'd buy 64 Vista. But since I'm still in the world of 32 i wont..

I have XP Media Center on my new notebook. The shop called me today to inform me that I can have a free upgrade because my notebook is new. I said I wanted to think about it...

I think that because it's so new, it's still full with some small failures and errors. I think I'll wait for 2 years or so and then get it by my dad's work...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Nope, i'm still getting an apple come the next computer upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Nope, i'm still getting an apple come the next computer upgrade.
    I have a lid. It has a sticker on the top that says "For usage only on worm cans". I'm not sure where it came from or what it's for, but here, you can have it. I hope you find a use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Basically MS has a monopoly. By keeping the source-code a secret there is no way another OS like Linux cannot give competability with many different pieces of hardware. For example my WLAN-card gives big trouble with it.

Luckily Neelie Kroes and the EU give MS pretty big fines. I heard that they allready had a case running against them for the latest Vista
    thats really annoying, its like communist computers. Liken this to the russians having to drive crappy ladas when so much more is on offer. Im really angry now.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 01-30-2007 at 03:22 PM.
    autozine.org

I have a friend who bitches constantly about how this will just be annoying and slow. He may be right, but I'll be he's impressed when he finally sees it.
    I won't be upgrading soon. If I could, I would get Windows XP. Windows 98 just doesn't cut it anymore, so Vista looks a long long way off for me.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    I have a lid. It has a sticker on the top that says "For usage only on worm cans". I'm not sure where it came from or what it's for, but here, you can have it. I hope you find a use for it.

Cheers.

*ITEM OBTAINED*

Thread Information