Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MS Vista goes on sale

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I'll probably keep XP on my laptop for games and put linux on my desktop again when I get it fixed.

If WoW worked in linux it'd be the end of microsoft in my personal world.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    I'm hardly ever playing games, mainly internet and Photoshop etc. So as soon as the opportunity arises, I'm getting a Mac.
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    I have XP Media Center on my new notebook. The shop called me today to inform me that I can have a free upgrade because my notebook is new. I said I wanted to think about it...

I think that because it's so new, it's still full with some small failures and errors. I think I'll wait for 2 years or so and then get it by my dad's work...
    If there's a Vista Media Center edition I would consider the upgrade, as soon as they work out the bugs of course.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    If there's a Vista Media Center edition I would consider the upgrade, as soon as they work out the bugs of course.
    I'm pretty sure it comes with a 'media center', especially if you have Vista Ultimate. Hold on, lemme check to see if my beta build has it.

Yep. It's there.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

You know what worried me about Mac, The more they tell the world they are free of hackers and virus and are indestructible, Soon one day the worlds hackers might turn there attentions too them as a challenge, And i'd be very scared if they hit hard because they won't be prepared for it.. But at the moment they aren't too interested at all since more then 90% of the worlds Pc's are MS OS.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Here you go: http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/...sta/index.html

There's almost no difference in benchmarking softwares, though there are some imcompatibilities with some softwares but they managed to get them working eventually.

The difference may be insignificant with such high-end hardware... I'd like to see it run on a single-core P4 like mine and lose only ~3% in 3dmark06.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I'm pretty sure it comes with a 'media center', especially if you have Vista Ultimate. Hold on, lemme check to see if my beta build has it.

Yep. It's there.
    So, all Vista versions come with Media Center? Thanks for checking Rock.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Here's an excellent indepth review of Vista. Judging by some of the responses in this thread some of should read it :P
    Prototype-X.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    So, all Vista versions come with Media Center? Thanks for checking Rock.
    Well, mine has it. I'm not sure if it comes w/ Vista Home Basic or Business, but it's on my Ultimate beta.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    You know what worried me about Mac, The more they tell the world they are free of hackers and virus and are indestructible, Soon one day the worlds hackers might turn there attentions too them as a challenge, And i'd be very scared if they hit hard because they won't be prepared for it.. But at the moment they aren't too interested at all since more then 90% of the worlds Pc's are MS OS.
    Macs aren't totaly unprotected, I still have my old iMac, and I've always had Norton System Works complete with anti-virus just in case I came across an odd Mac (OS 9) virus. I've upgraded to OS X.3 so now I have that version of Norton on it.

So even if hackers suddenly started to go after Apple products, there is a way to protect them.

Thread Information