Thread: Cuda

Cuda

...from the Challenger Concept Car, a cuda version;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 03:26 AM.

Nice try, but Yikes!!!

Actually, in about 10 years when Challengers are up for cheap; you'll have this type of badly riced Challenger.

So really you're a visionary...
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 01-31-2007 at 12:52 AM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thats what I've been tell'in you guys !!!...lol. Thx tho.

I hardly see why Dodge would rice it up with those skirts when lowering it with the stock kit would look twice as good. Personally, I dont really like any of your mods done, it just seems too tacky and doesnt fulfill the 'Cuda's heritage. There is a absolutely terrific artists impression of one over at digimods, might have a hunt for it actually

http://digimods.e-visionit.co.uk/vie...highlight=cuda
    Last edited by Blitz_; 01-31-2007 at 01:08 AM.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Put some creativity, originality, and most importantly time into your chops.

Cause to be honest none of them catch my eye and most of them are boring as hell.

hmmm, Blitz & Roach,TY for the observations...Ive seen that before and others but they all just look like an OLD Cuda, nothing new there !...this was a Custom Car Concept not a Ricer anyway, nor was it supposed to be a prodution model Cuda,...but if a rice car is all you can see then it is prb due to the fact that that is just a current fashion and not so much inherent in this design, and besides I hardly think a Hemi Cuda qualifies as Rice !!!..in anybody's book !

This is actually more akin to a 50's hot rod than a rice car, at least that was my idea on it. Also you may recall that I did a lowered Challenger just a bit ago here, The pickup one, I actually did this one last year, just added a few touch ups to it & total time into it FYI Roach, is about 6 hours...

Here is another slightly different version, in hi-res too so you can see the detail better, & it also has the orig Challenger pix atttached;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 03:35 AM.

..did you contradict yourself? Im not sure. You said his toon was rice, yet just a bit further down in your paragraph you said "i hardlly think a hemi cuda qualifies as rice"

IMO your chop is more rice than his, I don't consider a black bonnet, black roofline, bonnet pins, a mean looking hood scoop on a v8 muscle car 'rice', but i do consider making a sleek car unnecessarily chunky with overly large side skirts and cheap rear lights as more so 'rice' mods.

You also mentioned that his toon looks like the old cuda? well strike me down..the challenger looks like the old challenger. Why does everything have to be extra ordinarily new? Improving upon something that exists is sometimes much more of a challenge, like the new challenger.

oh, and for everyones curiosity, imho the king of cuda chops

http://digimods.e-visionit.co.uk/vie...ght=challenger

and...and intense charger chop...absaloutely mad

http://digimods.e-visionit.co.uk/vie...ighlight=dodge
    Last edited by Blitz_; 01-31-2007 at 04:23 AM.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

No I did not say it was a ricer look at all, I was refering to my picture not his, I dont see mine or his or any Cuda ever as a Ricer car. Thats what I was saying. Rice being non perfromance add on in my book, the mods I did are designed to improve the areo drag of the rather chunky original shape of the challenger/cuda design which is regardless of the model year a 1970's design, and somewhat less than areodynamic !!

I figured that the extentions to the lower body would improve the flow of air UNDER the car and leave the original design above fairly well intact, that was the logic of the design anyway, dunno if that would really work but was worth a look to see IMO. That is why it looks the way it does here.

Perhaps someone here who understands areo drag and lift an all that could suggest another way to accomplish the same objective without destroying the entire original shape ???
    I'd be interested in hearing that !

as for the links, yeah right a right hand drive cuda !!!!???? the charger pix I have seen before and I liked it then too....it was part of the inspiration for my Torino GT picture posted here.
    I got another cuda i'm working on too should post it here in a bit .
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-31-2007 at 04:53 AM.

no offense but I just hope the cuda is not going to be like that
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

I'm not so sure that there is even a Cuda version in the works, I know GM is working on a Firebird version of the Camaro, but is Chrysler doing a Cuda ?? I dunno.

Thread Information