Thread: Design Project 2007

Design Project 2007

Hi,

I have discovered that on the site
    http://www.conceptcars.it
    there is the possibility to draw a car (sport cars or city car) with the guide of Paolo Martin (the designer of the Ferrari Modulo).

It doesn't win nothing, it is only an exercise, but it seems interesting.
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Ho visto cose che voi umani non potreste immaginare... E tutti questi momenti andranno persi nel tempo come lacrime nella pioggia. E' tempo di morire"

Quote Originally Posted by mario0962
    Hi,

I have discovered that on the site
    http://www.conceptcars.it
    there is the possibility to draw a car (sport cars or city car) with the guide of Paolo Martin (the designer of the Ferrari Modulo).

It doesn't win nothing, it is only an exercise, but it seems interesting.
    Pity it is not in english,my Italian is not very good After a very quick look they cover the basics of packaging it seems (figures on the bottom). Do they talk about Integral Vehicle Design etcetera ?

Perhaps interesting as well is that we have recently been briefed we will do a very interesting project next year on my Uni. Students from ShangHai will design the car,we do the calculations/technical designs and it will be built in the USA. The project will be the first of it's kind and will give a actual prioduction car as the finished result. A major manufacturer will finance. Can't wait

Click on the British flag about 1/2 way down on right hand side of the first page
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

This is something that I'd love to see people here do, would make a great challenge contest to DESIGN a car from scratch over these templates ;
    excellent link man !!
    I am deff gonna do this !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    I am deff gonna do this !
    A chance to silence your critics with an accomplished, well considered and excellently presented design.

Or a chance for you to produce something that falls below the standard people would expect of a self-proclaimed "master-artist", and get embroiled in another round of playground tit-for-tat?

Does anyone with a working knowledge of Italian want to paraphrase "rule 4"? It does not seem to have translated very well into a coherent, comprehensible result.
    Thanks for all the fish

That's right!!
    It's too much easy to use Photoshop! Here needs to use the head and know how to draw: an interesting challenge.

I think that today too people use the computer to draw, and the same people don't know how to take in hand a pencil anymore.
    Maybe, apart Giugiaro, which designer does it still draw the cars with pencil and paper?

Sorry for my bad English language.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by stanhome View Post
    I think that today too people use the computer to draw, and the same people don't know how to take in hand a pencil anymore.
    Maybe, apart Giugiaro, which designer does it still draw the cars with pencil and paper?
    I can understand what you are saying, but you are not correct.

I doubt there is a single "car designer" in the industry who can't draw with pen and paper.

Digital techniques such as photoshop renderings (proper renderings, not just manipulation of photographs or "chopping") and 3D CAD are just another medium to use like pen and marker.

If you can get a more impressive image faster through a computer, why not use it?

It is also much easier to change colours and details, than redrawing the same image countless times.

Look round at www.carbodydesign.com, or www.cardesignnews.com and you will see pleanty of pen and paper sketches.

i dont no how to chop cars so could someone please let me no wat program i need and how to do it

Thread Information