Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Solid Aluminium Engine Blocks

Chris, parts as such are not that much more, however, if they get imported they end up being more expensive in DK than in the rest of EU. Hence the popularity of German parts distributors.

Buen, are you considering doing the carbon parts yourself? With a budget that small I would probably start by not doing fabrication of that magnitude. Not that making carbon parts are that difficult - I've done it on occasion - but it's still not inexpensive.

If I were you, I'd keep it simple to begin with, and then probably start asking questions on hms.dk.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Not meant to discredit here, but usually the rule I've noticed with any kind of budget is: Come up with a figure that you think is appropriate. Now double it and it's accurate.

Keep us updated on the build when you get started.
    double it and simplify your plans simultaenously, would be about right.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Chris, parts as such are not that much more, however, if they get imported they end up being more expensive in DK than in the rest of EU. Hence the popularity of German parts distributors.

Buen, are you considering doing the carbon parts yourself? With a budget that small I would probably start by not doing fabrication of that magnitude. Not that making carbon parts are that difficult - I've done it on occasion - but it's still not inexpensive.

If I were you, I'd keep it simple to begin with, and then probably start asking questions on hms.dk.
    I have made many glassfiber molds and parts, so i expect that i have plenty of experience to make carbon parts, only difference is that parts should be under vacum. Besides, i know a dude who had an company which build carbon parts and he can get me a few rolls of carbon mats cheaper. (The normal price isen't really that much more than glassfiber, just about 3 times more) Besides i don't need to make like an entire car in glassfiber.
    I am however, gonna make some interior parts, a rear diffuser, and possible a 'plate' to make the bottom of the car smooth.

But, i have devised a buget plan, the initial cost is only about 10.000€ and then 5000 for stuff i havne't anticipated. One thing i would love to integra tho, is some big discs and brembo calipers, which would require be to design some new spindlere and get a new rear axel, but i'll worry about that when i get to that.

But, i feel this is getting more and more about my upcomming project and the finicial aspects of it, that what the topic was originally about. Lets put this to rest, and let it be dormant untill i create a topic for it, in which you will all be allowed to come with inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buen View Post
    I have made many glassfiber molds and parts, so i expect that i have plenty of experience to make carbon parts, only difference is that parts should be under vacum. Besides, i know a dude who had an company which build carbon parts and he can get me a few rolls of carbon mats cheaper. (The normal price isen't really that much more than glassfiber, just about 3 times more) Besides i don't need to make like an entire car in glassfiber.
    I am however, gonna make some interior parts, a rear diffuser, and possible a 'plate' to make the bottom of the car smooth.

But, i have devised a buget plan, the initial cost is only about 10.000€ and then 5000 for stuff i havne't anticipated. One thing i would love to integra tho, is some big discs and brembo calipers, which would require be to design some new spindlere and get a new rear axel, but i'll worry about that when i get to that.

But, i feel this is getting more and more about my upcomming project and the finicial aspects of it, that what the topic was originally about. Lets put this to rest, and let it be dormant untill i create a topic for it, in which you will all be allowed to come with inputs.
    3 times more expensive, lol, that's cheap!

scrap the diffuser. If you don't make any accurate calculation it would an expensive piece of CF behind your car, possibly even worsting your aero. The flat bottom is a better idea, even if it doesn't mean an improvement as a given fact. In the worst scenario it could even create lift at high speeds (I don't think it will be your case with 200 bhp though).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information