Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The worlds dumbest person?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    I believe we have found her... in none other then US of A...

Respresent!!!

NEW YORK – Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing "the absolute worst use of lifelines ever."

After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was:

"Which of the following is the largest?"
    A) A Peanut
    B) An Elephant
    C) The Moon
    D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.

"Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie," said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. "I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be."

Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.

"Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!" exclaimed Evans. "Darn. I think I better phone a friend."

Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.

"Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!" said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. "Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun."

Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.

"Come on Betsy, are you sure?" said Evans. "How sure are you? Puh, that can't be it."

To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'

"I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience," said Evans.

Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.
    Bluey stop making threads about mm mm. Ohhhh, It's a Women i think it's not me then

What worries me is that 98% of the audience said that the Moon was bigger- what about the other 2%?

I know it's a fad, but... jeez. I can't imagine anyone that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    What worries me is that 98% of the audience said that the Moon was bigger- what about the other 2%?

I know it's a fad, but... jeez. I can't imagine anyone that dumb.
    That's as funny as a Aussie not knowing what a Snag is

Yea, had to be an act. If a person were actually that stupid, it would be impossible for them to go through life. Nobody would take them seriously, they couldn't get a job. They would starve and die in a pathetic heap of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    If it would've been "Which's bigger?" it would've sound simpler for someone like me with a 130 IQ.
    My dad is stronger than your dad.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Good lord, people. Read the whole thread before posting.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Especially when said population fails to read the entire thread before posting.
    What are you on about?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    What are you on about?
    Its a hoax, a fake news story.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Its a hoax, a fake news story.
    omg... god dammit... pwned =(
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    There is no choice but to declare Idaho and its citizens banned from the United States of America. If you cannot decipher the Moon from and elephant you don't deserve it. I'm going to propose this idea to congress now with a throughly written letter, wish me luck. They voted Republican in 2004 so maybe Hillary will side with me. Even though she is a stupid tramp.

I live in Idaho...but I am very intelligent

Looks like Arkansas' Deal or No Deal contestant, Brooks Leach, won't be the whipping boy of TV game shows any longer.

Big deal, small amount Mount Vernon man wins $10 on TV show

By JOE LAMB
    LOG CABIN STAFF WRITER

Of the 150 or so people gathered inside Sticky Fingerz, a Little Rock restaurant and bar, to watch Mount Vernon's Brooks Leach compete on NBC's Deal or No Deal Monday night, only four knew the outcome.

He could have won one cent, or he could have won up to one million dollars. He wasn't saying how much he won before the show started, but he did say he had a great time entertaining the studio audience as a contestant.

The premise of the show is simple. Leach was presented with 26 numbered, closed briefcases, each containing an dollar amount as small as one cent and increasing to as large as $1 million, and asked to pick one.

Leach confidently picked case number 17, which was brought down from the array of cases and placed next to him. Next, he began picking other cases at random, which were opened to reveal the dollar amount they held.

In a run of early luck, the first cases he picked all held low amounts, eliminating the possibility they could be the amount contained in the case Leach picked.

Periodically during the show, a mysterious figure known as "the banker" placed a phone call to the show's host, Howie Mandel, offering Leach a deal. Leach could either take the amount of money offered by the banker, or keep guessing, hoping the amount in the case they chose would be higher than the banker's offer.

Leach chose three people to advise him as to whether he should stop or keep going, sister Kim Wacker, brother-in-law Dan Wacker, and close friend Ronnie Fewell.

Though only the four present at the show's taping knew the outcome, many were speculating just how much money Leach brought back from Hollywood.

"What's funny about (mine and Leach's) relationship is that he and I were becoming business partners until shortly after his appearance on Deal or No Deal," Leach's hunting buddy John Reno, who was at the watch party, said. Leach, he explained, had been buying communications products from Reno for his business, The Infinity Group.

"I didn't hear much from him after he was on the show," Reno said.

While Leach at times appeared to be playing the fool on the show, Reno said he was, in truth, "brilliant."

"He's smart," Reno said. "He knows how to talk to people and recognize their character and sell to them. He knows when he's pushing the limit and he knows when to keep playing. The only thing he can't do is call ducks, but he can motivate you to call them for him."

As the show unfolded, Leach was offered a lifetime supply of beer to stop and go home - a prize he appeared to be considering until it was revealed to be root beer. He said no to the root beer, as well as offers of $66,000, $114,000, and $152,000.

His highest offer of $216,000 came when had both $1 million and $750,000 showing on the board. During the show he told Mandel he was sure his case contained $1 million.

However, that was not to be as the Sticky Fingerz crowd let out collective groans when Leach selected cases containing both $1 million and $750,000.

Leach continued, confident his case contained $500,000 and turning down all deals until only $500,000, $100 and $10 remained.

Leach appeared disappointed when he selected the case containing $500,000, but only briefly. As it turned out, the case he chose at the beginning of the show was the one he wound up with at the end, netting him a grand prize total of $10.

Though Leach's winnings may not have been enough to pay for the gasoline burned going to and from Little Rock, the show ended with cheers and applause from the crowd at the watch party.

As the ending credits rolled, Leach got up on stage and told the crowd he wouldn't have wished it any other way.

"There's going to be people say 'Brooks Leach, you were greedy,' he told the crowd. "Everybody, I feel your pain on that. I was in the middle of that place, and I can't tell you what it felt like. I'm not a greedy person, and $150,000's a lot for me, I'm a working boy from Arkansas, but the time spent on that stage was priceless. We came home with $6.35 after taxes, and I wouldn't change a thing.

"You've got to understand. I never watched the show and I never auditioned for the show. I got five days and four nights in Hollywood and I left $10 richer."

Mark "The Shark" Grounds, a young man from Australia, wandered into Sticky Fingerz Monday night and stayed to watch the show.

"It's pretty exciting to walk in and see what's happening here," Grounds said. "Everybody's behind him. Definitely he's a character. He's a breath of fresh air after the stagnant contestants they usually have on the show."

(Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 505-1238. To comment on this and other stories, log on to www.thecabin.net, open this story and post a comment at the end.)

More Stories from Joe Lamb:
    · Sheriff's office substation coming to Mount Vernon - 02/01/07
    · Winter weather strikes area - 02/01/07
    · Winter weather strikes area - 02/01/07
    · Sheriff's office substation coming to Mount Vernon - 02/01/07
    · Questions answered for proposed pipeline - 01/30/07

User Comments:

Dana F. -- 11:29 Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2006
    I've known Brooks all my life, and to see him be his true self on tv was worth all of it. He is one of the most loving, caring people I know. In our small town of "The Big Vern" it's great to see a wonderful, deserving person like him to get this chance of a life time. I hope he gets a life time of opportunities out of this . Way to go Brooks!! You are a Big Winner in my eyes just because you are always "you".

Dave G -- 21:19 Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2006
    I was laughing (out loud) through the whole thing. It was about the best 'Deal' I've ever watched. On the other hand, I WAS saying "take the $216, take the $216....".

Brooks Leach -- 17:05 Thursday, Nov. 30, 2006
    I'm proud of where I'm from and I hope that came out while I entertained the world. "MT VERNON ARKANSAS" with my chest stuck out is what I'd scream at Howie! haha... I love the Mt Vernon Enola area and all of you should pat yourself on the back for molding me into the person I am today. The ladies at Wooley's store or the ladies at the Naylor store, I SURE DO LOVE ALL OF YOU! THANK YOU MTVERNON/ENOLA/NAYLOR!!!

(This story brought to you folks by the Log Cabin Democrat, Faulkner County Arkansas news source (if it's your only connection to the outside world.))
    Last edited by LandQuail; 02-01-2007 at 08:28 PM.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Americans are smarter than everybody else in the world. I dare you to disagree.
    Im daring to disagree, watchya going to do about it? lol.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

haha she is arguably the worlds dumbest person?
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

No, you win that title.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan
    Im daring to disagree, watchya going to do about it? lol.
    I guess the idea of instantaneous death comforts you.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information