Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston Terror Attacks- 1/31

Boston Terror Attacks- 1/31

Omg

Wtf

Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm erudite ;-)

i live outside of boston. most rediculous shit ive ever seen. lol.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

(Story copied/pasted from ABC WCVB-TV - thebostonchannel.com)

"TV Network Takes Responsibility For 'Hoax Devices'
    Crews Respond To Bridges, Hospital
    Jamy Pombo, Senior News Editor

POSTED: 2:08 pm EST January 31, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:49 pm EST January 31, 2007

BOSTON -- Turner Broadcasting plans to take responsibility for the "hoax devices" that were found at several locations in and around Boston Wednesday that forced police bomb units to scramble throughout the area.

The incidents were part of a marketing campaign that involved a character from the cartoon show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

"The 'packages' in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim's animated television show 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force,'" Turner Broadcasting, the parent company of Cartoon Network, said in a statement.
    Click here to find out more!

The company said that they have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

Turner Broadcasting is in contact with local and federal law enforcement on the exact location of the billboards, according to the statement, and regrets that they were mistakenly thought to pose any danger.

The cartoon airs as part of the Adult Swim late-night block of programs on the Cartoon Network. It features characters called "mooninites," who were pictured on the found devices. A feature length film based on the cartoon is scheduled to be released late next month.

Gov. Deval Patrick praised the response of law enforcement and said that he was "dismayed to learn that many of the devices are a part of a marketing campaign by Turner Broadcasting."

"This stunt has caused considerable disruption and anxiety in our community. I understand that Turner Broadcasting has purported to apologize for this. I intend nonetheless to consult with the attorney general and other advisors about what recourse we may have," Patrick said.

"Emergency deployment teams were sent into the center of the city immediately upon these reports. There were significant shutdowns of not only highways, but rail traffic with the MBTA," Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said. "Several of the devices do have common characteristics, but it is too early to say how many are connected."

The first device was found under Interstate 93, and the state police bomb squad was called and detonated the package in Sullivan Square just before 10 a.m. Officials said it contained an electronic circuit board with some components that were "consistent with an improvised explosive device," but they said it had no explosives.

Several hours later, Boston police said the department received four calls, all at about 1 p.m., reporting the devices. Officials responded to at least nine locations, including the Boston University Bridge, the Longfellow Bridge, the McGrath O'Brien Highway in Somerville, a comic store on Harvard Avenue in Brighton, a location near the intersection of Stuart and Columbus streets, a location near Washington and Water streets and under the McCarthy Overpass in Somerville, according to Davis.

A device described by officials as a pipe bomb was found in the basement of the Tufts New England Medical Center at 185 Harrison Ave.

Davis said that residents should not be afraid to enter or leave the city and that additional police resources have been deployed to help ensure people that they are safe.

"It's a hoax, and it's not funny," Patrick said. "I think we fell at this point, that there is not a reason for anyone to panic, but there are reasons to be diligent."

Mayor Tom Menino said that all of the packages found posed no danger and that several police departments are working together to investigate suspicious calls about the devices.

"Public safety officials are all working together. There is no time for anyone to panic. We believe we have the situation in hand. Go about your business," Menino said. "The individuals who placed these packages should be warned that there is a heavy penalty -- two to five years imprisonment for each one of them. We are not playing around."

Storrow Drive eastbound was shut down for a brief time, and the MBTA suspended service on the Red Line and planned to bus afternoon commuters between Kendall and Park Street stations.

"Anytime you get a report of a suspicious device, it is always a concern," U.S. Coast Guard Capt. Scott Carr said. "We went ahead and shut down the waterways so we could clear the area and keep everybody safe."

"Our device was not an active device. We are still treating the area as a crime scene. There were no injuries. Everyone was evacuated properly, and everyone now back to their locations," Tufts New England Medical Center's Brooke Hynes said.

MBTA Lt. Sal Venturelli said police were told about the first package by a transit passenger who spotted it on a column that supports I-93. The parcel was located on an elevated structure above the bus way and below I-93 in the Charlestown section of Boston at about 8 a.m.

"This is a perfect example of our passengers taking part in Homeland Security," Venturelli said."

And in a related story:
    General Motors to begin manufacturing America's sense of humor, balls.

CEO Bob Lutz announced earlier this week plans to begin a blitz re-tooling of all auto manufacturing plants.
    "We've got several examples of well-built, economical Korean humor and ball technology," Lutz said. "We're going to reverse-engineer those, make a few changes my grandmother and golden retriever have been discussing, and begin producing them as quickly as our worker's hands can move — just as we've done with our cars for the past three decades."
    Lutz, responding to some criticism of the plan, admitted the balls will be "significantly smaller and more prone to breaking," and the humor will not be "what America has been used to."
    "This is the year 2007," he said. "We can't just drop a 454 cubic-inch engine in everything now. We can't all walk around like John Wayne anymore either, you know."
    I'm erudite ;-)

Haha, because Shake and Frielock really pose a threat...

To paraphrase the Joker, "this country needs an enema..."

haha, someone photoshopped the middle finger from the drawing's left hand

too racy?

When I first heard about it I thought it was funny, but then it hit me just how "paranoid" the country has become. Kinda sad if you really think about it.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Aahahah, they didn't mention that it was Aqua Teen Hunger Force in the paper

Finally, the innocent HAVE suffered!! BIG TIME
    Last edited by johnnyperl; 02-01-2007 at 01:08 PM.

only in boston.....
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Only in America.

... Remember when that people said that about good stuff?
    I'm erudite ;-)

Aqua Teen Hunger Force!!! yeah!!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

i dont know if you can see this, but i am doing it as hard as i can
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

lanquail what is your signature from? i know its a song and its gonne bug me until i can figure it out
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information