Thread: van der Garde in the centre of contract row

van der Garde in the centre of contract row

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...889417,00.html

Contract row erupts over van der Garde

Spyker have announced the signing of Giedo van der Garde as one of their test drivers for the 2007 F1 season even though Dutchman has already signed with Super Aguri.

On Thursday, Spyker revealed their four testers for the upcoming season and van der Garde's name was on the list.

"It's a proud moment for me to be selected to really start my Formula 1 career with the Dutch Spyker team," said the 22-year-old from Rhenen in the Netherlands.

"I have a lot to learn but this chance will give me everything I need."

However, Super Aguri, who have used van der Garde in their test programme at Valencia this week, insist that he remains under contract to them.

Wayne Humphreys, Super Aguri's Chief Financial Officer, told Autosport.: "We are surprised to read the press release issued as we have a contract with Giedo van der Garde to drive with the Super Aguri F1 team."

Should the matter not be resolved between the two teams it could go before Formula One's Contract Recognition Board, who will have the final say in which team he tests for.

I was dissapointed to see Spyker continue Midland's tradition of 4 paying test drivers. I doubt though this ordeal with van der Garde will garner the same press attention as Button's antics.
    I am the Stig

Spyker needs to dump 2 drivers and put more money in development

Of course he will be at Aguri only if the matter goes before the Contract Recognition board because Spyker already has enough test drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Spyker needs to dump 2 drivers and put more money in development

Of course he will be at Aguri only if the matter goes before the Contract Recognition board because Spyker already has enough test drivers.
    They have these 4 drivers to pay for that The drivers pay the team a substantial amount of money, to get the opportunity to drive.

Even if Spyker had 8 drivers bringing in money, they'll still finish as the 2nd team from the bottom of the grid, just above Super Aguri.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Even if Spyker had 8 drivers bringing in money, they'll still finish as the 2nd team from the bottom of the grid, just above Super Aguri.
    Provided their threats of arbitration go successfully.

If not, they risk being dead last, which will get them no money off Bernie (only the top 10 in the WCC get prize money).
    I am the Stig

Even better!
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information