Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Change of tactics

Im not too bothered by it really, surely not enough to let it be a deciding factor in a purchase.
    I am the Stig

If you're constantly changing between cars it would get irritating. It feels un-natural. The wipers would get workout if you're not thinking
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

LOL i had so much to say and as i was going along saving bit by bit i lost the past..

So i'll have to wing it ****!

I didnt that engine was a little prick dick 6..

Yes GM only thinks of Daewoo as a low price budget carmaker and nothing else.. But the Captiva and not the CAP! T! VA! lol Is there first above there quality car. And with the Epica is it a new built car? Or just a old daewoo with new teeth??.

Also price the mondeo and epica would be apart in price, Could the Mondeo be the new Vectra?.
    My mum has always wanted a Vectra, And only until now as there second hand and not brought here anymore she has been able too dream of one.

I also hate the indicator on the left side it does throw you off at first, But if you own the car and only drive that one car you will be ok, But if your in this car as a work car but have another or the wife's car or the 2nd car you will get caught out at times.

And them epica pic's are crapo need some better ones.

People will buy them on vaule for money more then quality for money, Just like the Viva they will have huge options and standard gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    If you're constantly changing between cars it would get irritating. It feels un-natural. The wipers would get workout if you're not thinking
    My mum does that sometimes when swapping from the territory to the focus, though i don't have a problem with it.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

I suppose there's one good thing for the Epica in its segment, straight six smothness. I don't think anyone elses offers a straight six engine without going premium, and such small ones at that. Altough pretty much everything else seems to be a bit rubbish.

Then again it seems that the Mondeo will have Volvo's 3.2-litre straight six engine, altough that means it will the most expensive version of the range, as opposed to GM's policy of sixes for eveyone...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes GM only thinks of Daewoo as a low price budget carmaker and nothing else.. But the Captiva and not the CAP! T! VA! lol Is there first above there quality car. And with the Epica is it a new built car? Or just a old daewoo with new teeth??.
    Like the Captiva, the Epica is a new car, not just a rebadged Daewoo.

Like Slick suggested, I think the Mondeo will possibly become Holden's Vectra. Because of its somewhat premium pricing, it became invisible to the market.

The Mondeo will probably become Ford's Vectra, but it should probably fare better. Because of the petrol price fear, it will be favoured in a downsizing market. But will it face the same fate as Holden's near-premium Vectra?

I find in unfortunate, and also surprising that the Vectra failed. It was a good car, and it wasn't THAT expensive. It had the quality and European flair to match the price though. Maybe it was the CDXi's near $50K asking price and the PULP drinking 3.2 V6.
    Last edited by Mr. Jinx; 02-03-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    My mum does that sometimes when swapping from the territory to the focus, though i don't have a problem with it.
    LOL that's the exact combo we would have had, except now it's Territory and Astra Soon it will be Territory Turbo...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx
    Like the Captiva, the Epica is a new car, not just a rebadged Daewoo.

Like Slick suggested, I think the Mondeo will possibly become Holden's Vectra. Because of its somewhat premium pricing, it became invisible to the market.

The Mondeo will probably become Ford's Vectra, but it should probably fare better. Because of the petrol price fear, it will be favoured in a downsizing market. But will it face the same fate as Holden's near-premium Vectra?

I find in unfortunate, and also surprising that the Vectra failed. It was a good car, and it wasn't THAT expensive. It had the quality and European flair to match the price though. Maybe it was the CDXi's near $50K asking price and the PULP drinking 3.2 V6.
    Cheapest CDXI Vectra i have seen is $27,000 now 2nd hand.

Told my mum the epica might be $29,000 new with similar options, She said it looks like a Camry But if she had the money she might consider a look but added the 115kw might be too light even for her as she tends to have a heavy foot, As she has blown smaller engines over the years but never a decent 6 with some power.

I found an 03 CDXi with 27 000kms for roughly that price. I'd hit it.

Heh, I think your mum needs a VE Slick

Ford'll be trying to break into the Accord Euro/Mazda 6 part of the market when they bring the Mondeo in, and shouldnt have too many problems with the right strategy (as we know, a Ford weakness).

I think Holden ended up falling short with the Vectra as they were forced into pushing it upmarket when Europe decided thats where they wanted it, and perhaps underprepared.
    I am the Stig

Yep - that Mondeo will be targeted at Mazda6/Accord Euro/Subaru Liberty. Not at the Epica or Camry.
    Ford will need to market the Mondeo heavily to reach the target market. I suspect they'll need a different name to Mondeo (Telstar springs to mind...that had the appropriate following from the target market for more than a decade).
    Also, Ford will have to get past the perception that Ford means "low quality" or "lowest common demoninator" from an image conscious market. The car itself will probably go straight to the top of the class (at least until the next gen Mazda6/Euro/Liberty arrive next year). Its the marketing and image associated with Ford products that will need to be overcome.
    After all, most Mondeo sales will need to be conquest sales. Much of the Falcon market is fleet, so that's a different market.

As for the Epica - its two main selling points will be price and the plus of a smooth six-cylinder engine. It'll sell well. May even challenge the Camry as the market leader. And it'll compare well to the Sonata and Camry - which are going to be its main rivals.
    What we will end up with are three mid-size segments - the value end (Epica, Camry, Sonata), the middle "quality/sports" end (Mazda6, Mondeo, Liberty, Euro) and the premium end (Passat, 318i, Audi A4) - each segment appealing to distinctly different buyers.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    It was the primary reason my mum got an Astra over the new Focus in December (Holden do a proper conversion job).
    Really? They never used to. The old model had the left hand indicators.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

GM use a universal system for such things to allow easy left/right hand drive conversions. Its called UNIBUS or CAMBUS or something like that.

Must be new then.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Its been around since the 03 Vectra.

Thread Information