Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honestly, What Is This World Coming To?

Honestly, What Is This World Coming To?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDailyNews

All shook up over Dakota's 'Hounddog'

Cute-as-a-button child star Dakota Fanning, who turned 12 in February, is venturing into sexually disturbing territory in a movie being filmed in North Carolina.
    The screenplay for "Hounddog" - a dark story of abuse, violence and Elvis Presley adulation in the rural South, written and directed by Deborah Kampmeier - calls for Fanning's character to be raped in one explicit scene and to appear naked or clad only in "underpants" in several other horrifying moments.

Fanning's mother, Joy, and her Hollywood agent, Cindy Osbrink, see the movie as a possible Oscar vehicle for the pint-size star. But despite Fanning's status as a bankable actress - whose movies, including last year's "War of the Worlds," have earned more than half a billion dollars since 2001 - the alarming material seems to have scared off potential investors from the under-$5 million indie project.

"The two taboos in Hollywood are child abuse and the killing of animals," a source close to the situation told me. "In this movie, both things happen."

Fanning's carefully choreographed rape scene has already been filmed. But then the production - which also stars Robin Wright Penn, David Morse and Piper Laurie - was shut down for lack of funds. Penn, who's also an executive producer, gave a pep talk to the dispirited cast in the days leading up to the shutdown. The desperate producer, Jen Gatien, daughter of former club czar Peter Gatien, sent out an SOS to New York entertainment entrepreneur Lawrence Robins. Robins located emergency investors, filming resumed, and the movie is scheduled to wrap tomorrow.

"The subject matter is very tough," Robins told me, "but I was attracted to it because in the end it's a story about human understanding, about a little girl who's dealt a very bad deck of cards, but finds solace in the music of Elvis and survives."

The script requires the preteen actress to confront tougher challenges than Brooke Shields and Jodie Foster did when, at Fanning's age, they played child prostitutes.

"It's not just the rape scene - the whole story is challenging Dakota as an actress," Fanning's longtime agent, Osbrink, told me. "And I've never been so proud of her in my life. I've seen the dailies, and in every scene she gets better and better."
    How sick can you get? The mother should be ashamed of herself, think of the pediphiles who are going to watch this... it makes me sick I think it's entirely unneccessary, the girl doesn't know what she's getting into... what a total lack of integrity. A rape scene isn't necessary to establish a sense of sympathy from the audience, and the mother is despicable for sacraficing her daughter for the sake of an oscar. God...
    Last edited by TVRs4eva; 01-24-2007 at 10:22 PM.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

*shivers*

Um yeah... no one gets naked, they only IMPLY that she got messed with
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Either way, I'm sure the visual message is obvious, and I'm just saying that it sounds entirely unneccessary beyond shock value and a potential oscar, which the mother seems to want more than the actress herself
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Then, don't watch the movie. Hell that's why we live in America.

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    think of the pediphiles who are going to watch this
    That's a stupid reason to be upset about it. Think of the murderers who watch people murdered in movies. Think of the reckless drivers who watch car chase scenes. She's portraying the part of, what I assume is, a real person enduring real circumstances. Why should the movie be less real than the real-life story?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    Then, don't watch the movie. Hell that's why we live in America.
    Yeah, in other countries you'd be forced to watch the movie!
    Thankfully Americans don't suffer that fate!

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    Hell that's why we live in America.
    Thank God I don't Watch 14 years down the line when this "Pint Sized" actress is going crazi like Paris Hilton and Barely wears any clothing the mother will be like "Where did we go wrong?!" This is truely disgusting..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Thank God I don't Watch 14 years down the line when this "Pint Sized" actress is going crazi like Paris Hilton and Barely wears any clothing the mother will be like "Where did we go wrong?!" This is truely disgusting..
    I don't get the correlation. Was Paris in a movie as a child where she portrayed a rape victim?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Anyone heard about the beautiful thing called "Freedom of speech".

We even had a pedophile party running in our elections ! Many were offended,but they did have a right !

Censuring movies goes a bit too far IMHO and if they start doing that over here, I am definately out of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    x2
    i'd only be worried if she actually did get raped for the camera. otherwise it's just acting, which is her job as i recall
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

You guys are all saying:

"OMFG think of the pedos that are going to watch this!"
    And
    "Her mother should be ashamed!"
    And
    "she doesn't know what shes getting into"

So her mother should be ashamed that her daughter who is currently one of the best child stars in todays world, landed a movie with a rape scene? Should she also be ashamed that this scene probably pays more money that most of us could ever imagine? Lets take the typical move rape scene.

1. Its very fast and most of the stuff you can't see anyway
    2. Its dark, who gets raped in the daylight anyway?

Now lets talk about how the scene was actually filmed. This is from a essay written by Paul Peterson that was on filmstocker.

1. She was not even close to naked during filming of the scene
    2. There was not a "boy" even touching her.
    3. They only filmed her face in the scene for 15 seconds.

Point Proven.

One last quote from her mum:

"This is not an exploitive movie. It is real life and unfortunately this is what happens in real life. Dakota is very proud of it. And she is not shown nude."

You guys need to understand the concept of the movie before you bust a nut on it. Things like this really happen in real life. ITS AN INSPIRING STORY for those who grew up with jack shit.
    Last edited by baddabang; 01-25-2007 at 09:11 AM.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Oh my... such a horrible movie... i hope it never get's here, in chocolate and magical fairy land!

Children, women, men, are raped every day, why not make a movie about it, it'll probably make ppl think about it and be more active in fighting it. If ppl stop making it a taboo perhaps we can solve it more easly.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    2. Its dark, who gets raped in the daylight anyway?
    SOrry but, Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I don't get the correlation. Was Paris in a movie as a child where she portrayed a rape victim?
    Yeah but her mum with this whole sexual reference thing, me just against it all!
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    We even had a pedophile party running in our elections ! Many were offended,but they did have a right !
    That is just shocking. The Dutch are crazy. And unless pedophilia is legal in the Netherlands, I don't get how they had a right...

Thread Information