Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Racism in America

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    i second that. one of the more eye-opening threads i have read. I am surprised much of this is is not resolved ( i mean the neo-nazi movement)
    haha you didnt watch the video i linked did you?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    I was on Xbox live (COD2) and the racism that was coming from American players was disgraceful.
    But we all know how bitter you are anyway, so that might be an overstatement. BUT, play with some guy named koonkilla68 (at least i think thats it..) most racist redneck evAr.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I was on Xbox live (COD2) and the racism that was coming from American players was disgraceful.
    You guys call Thierry Henry and fellow blacks monkeys and throw bananas at them.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Living in Australia it's a little difficult to be pious on racism - the native population has been marginalised here for the best part of 2 centuries and was only allowed to vote in 1967.

To put that in perspective - Australia let women vote in the early 1900's.

However we have had a lot of immigration during our short time as a nation - the English up to the '50's, Eastern Europeans in the '60's, Asian in the '70's and 80's, and recently immigrants from the middle east have raised concerns that the fabric of Australian society has been torn to shreds.

The fact remains - the decent, hard working and honest members of these communities contribute greatly to Australian life - god knows the food on offer these days is of such a variety that to have it any other way would be criminal - but as with all communities there are bad eggs. and it's when these eggs are portrayed as the voice of the community that problems emerge.

It's extremely fortunate that these particular elements of society - both the white supremacist-extreme Christian right members of our community and others - are in such a minority it's not funny.

Now i know i'm guilty of stereotyping - our Dux this year for school was an asian kid, for example - but i also know that he was a funny, intelligent and great kid who i happily got drunk with at many a party.

Character means so much more than origin.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Define, American. Because i've been on there many times and heard some stupid comments from every kind of race. i hope you aren't singling out the white folks. racist....

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    haha you didnt watch the video i linked did you?
    hmm i did watch the film and have never seen this guy. There is a simalar comedy i have sen where a black guy gets whatever job he wants just by saying "is it cos i is black"(your video rips the skinheads etc instead..). I dont suppose i entirely agreed with you..i shouldnt have quoted your post and just commented on the original video which is what my original comment refered to.... [/and stop digging]
    autozine.org

Well I remember i've wasted(played really) like 42 hours more on Live with that game.. After the first 20 shit just flows out of most (Americans) people ( )
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    You guys call Thierry Henry and fellow blacks monkeys and throw bananas at them.
    Thats mainly because he's a nOOb ...
    Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    Define, American. i hope you aren't singling out the white folks. racist....
    Umm he's white... And By american I'm pretty sure he means anyone with the accent Y'all sound the same...
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Asian: Asians are cool, but the Anime, flambuoyant colors and themes, and yappy high pitched laughing makes me want to kill myself.
    What about Middle Eastern people (easy now I'm from Pakistan) ...
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

There are fewer things in this world cooler than meeting someone from another culture and learning about them and teaching them about your own.

I feel sorry for people that allow things like steriotypes influence their opinion on someone even before they meet them. If people learned to accept other people for who they are, half of the worlds conflics would be history. Sadly, that's never gonna happen.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    What about Middle Eastern people (easy now I'm from Pakistan) ...
    Oh, right. Most of them are smart, some of them smell, and others are extremists. That sums them up I think.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    There are fewer things in this world cooler than meeting someone from another culture and learning about them and teaching them about your own.

I feel sorry for people that allow things like steriotypes influence their opinion on someone even before they meet them. If people learned to accept other people for who they are, half of the worlds conflics would be history. Sadly, that's never gonna happen.
    Totally agree.

I had the good fortune of attending an International School (formerly the American School) in the Phillipines and had classmates from all over the world, it gave me a good understanding about cultural differences. Infact we had 89 countries represented in the student body, me Pakistan. We had mock UN sessions where you'd have to represent a country other than your own. All pretty much did except the US, the American kids refused to represent another country. There were Americans that would have represented even Botswana, but it's the vocal, stubborn, bigoted minority that gets their way and inturn stains their group with the resulting negative publicity.

I think racism exists everywhere, but it's when there's an attitude of unwavering superiority that racial differentiation becomes ugly. Sadly, this ugliness now brands entire populations with unfair stereotypes.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

stereotyping is sucky but it based off a small amount of truth......I try to take everyone at face value but it can be hard when society wants you to put everybody in a certain categories!

Quite a bold statement to make, you catagorising us as Brits in all one catagory. And among football fans Thierry Henry is one of the most loved players to have graced the Premiership, and I've never heard of these banana throwing incidents.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quite a bold statement to make, you catagorising us as Brits in all one catagory.\
    Brits do it to us all the time, that's the only reason I said the bit about calling black people monkeys and throwing bananas at them. I was only making a point.

"Americans are stupid." If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.. I'd be a wealthy man.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

South Surrey, B.C, Canada. A place where you will see Cookie Monster eating cheese. If you're lucky, that is.
    If I had a nickel for every time I heard that.. I'd be a wealthy man.
    If had a nickel for every time I heard that, I'd be wealthier than you.
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Detroit Pistons fan
    UCP's OFFICIAL biggest Atlanta Falcons fan

Thread Information