View Poll Results: Are you in ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, great idea !

23 63.89%
  • I dont know yet, post some more info...

10 27.78%
  • No, im not interested.

3 8.33%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Supercar II

yeah i just wanted to see how crap a solidworks tyre looked ( i need a nvidea quaddro card to utilise better rendering).
    autozine.org

Current entries

As you guys can see, we need some persons for Complete Vehicle, Electronics and Body. Anymore volunteers ?
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-08-2008 at 02:21 AM.

can i join ht99 on engine..
    autozine.org

I suggest that Engine and Drivetrain be kept together.

That is if drivetrain is Transmission, drive shafts, LSDs, ETC that sort of thing???

I think that they are highly dependant on each other....

as in if the drivetrain people decide on AWD and think that the engine will be in the front then both groups are screwed if the engine guys think they are designing an engine for East-West Midships placement.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by hightower99
    I suggest that Engine and Drivetrain be kept together.

That is if drivetrain is Transmission, drive shafts, LSDs, ETC that sort of thing???

I think that they are highly dependant on each other....

as in if the drivetrain people decide on AWD and think that the engine will be in the front then both groups are screwed if the engine guys think they are designing an engine for East-West Midships placement.
    That is where the management and Complete Vehicle should step in Also the other thread helps to decide on these basic things.

Agreed.

Quick question: what is the exact purpose of the Complete vehicle task group ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

As you guys can see, we need some persons for Complete Vehicle, Electronics and Body. Anymore volunteers ?
    Its a great start, but i need to be changed from drivetrain to suspension
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Agreed.

Quick question: what is the exact purpose of the Complete vehicle task group ?
    They should mediate between all the departments. They will have to make sure, that the separately developed components will fit in the finished product.

For example:

The suspension department creates a certain suspension layout. However the driveline part dont fit into it when assemblying it. Quite a serious problem..
    What CV should do is make sure everything fits and that the suspension or driveline or both get changed to fit.

An example of a bad CV department is the Volvo 480ES.

Ok. I thought so, just wanted to make sure

I can go engine, that's about the only thing I have relevant tools to work on (Engine analyzer pro) I guess I could get others if other want something different.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite
    I can go engine, that's about the only thing I have relevant tools to work on (Engine analyzer pro) I guess I could get others if other want something different.
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite
    Welcome

I dont think engine analyzer pro will be of mcuh use since we (me and jediali) are considering pretty advanced stuff. However it will be usefull in the begining. I hope we can all get along and design a great engine.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Welcome

I dont think engine analyzer pro will be of mcuh use since we (me and jediali) are considering pretty advanced stuff. However it will be usefull in the begining. I hope we can all get along and design a great engine.
    In case you can use it, i have designs of a 4-cilinder on my computer. Perhaps you can use parts of it ? If you are interested, i can send them They are made in Autodesk Inventor 11 professional.

Also I have a list with all kinds of formula's regarding engines. Might be handy as well.

Hmm... I'm in art class so I might be able to help with the design.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I thought as much, but I haven't had any formal training yet so I was hoping to glean some free learning from this little exercise
    What programs will you be using? I'll try to get ahold of them.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Thread Information