View Poll Results: Are you in ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, great idea !

23 63.89%
  • I dont know yet, post some more info...

10 27.78%
  • No, im not interested.

3 8.33%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Supercar II

well, im no good with parts, but i can sketch. so what kinda stuff we talkin? concept looking, or old school, or what do you have in mind?? please reply

I hope we can keep the ideas at least in the realm of reality...

I was thinking maybe lightweight track car with a small <4L W8... With a turbo system or a twin charge (much more fun) system. RWD would be good. I would shoot for at least 600WHP/1000kg which shouldn't be too difficult as long as the total weight is kept under 700kg.

Or a GT with a big >6L W12 with super charger or twin charge system. RWD is again good here but a good AWD system would fit it better. I would shoot for at least 500WHP/1000kg and that should be possible as long as total weight doesn't go much over 1600kg.

Personally I would love to see a twincharged Wankel motor in anything but that is a little too unrealistic.
    I vote for the BOSE suspension system
    I vote for a CVT system for whatever we build (because what's sweeter than accelerating at peak power from standstill to top speed?)
    A 4 wheel steering system would be great, speed sensitive, low angle rear wheel tilt.
    Active aerodynamic parts should be included.
    And what about the hubless, spokeless wheels from Osmos? I have always thought they looked good and they can lighten the unsprung mass.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Well theyre all things dependent on what direction we/drakkie depend on taking this. As you point out, a track car would ask for different specifications to a GT/Tourer.
    I am the Stig

So how are we (everyone envolved) going to decide what sort of car we are going to create?

Poll?

vote in this thread?

Maybe Drakki is going to post only 2 options and we go from there???
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it

I was thinking I would create a thread in now 6 days, showing the full overview of what everyone will be involved in. Then we can build from that. I suggest people contact eachother on an instant messenger.

Then these groups decide on their initial idea's and plans, that offcourse have to be implemented into all the other idea's.

My aim was basically for a GT/Tourer, but if it goes another route, fine for me too !

How serious this is going to be ? Will all your help and motivation it will be deadly serious and production-ready !

I was thinkng last night, that perhaps in each group (eg. engine, chassis etc. ) could have a 3D-CAD drawer in it. This way we get all kinds of complete components,that can then be fit into the total relatively easy.

I will contact two or three people this week to join me in the managing, based on their interests and skills posted here.

Questions ? Idea's ? Comments ? Always curious to here them. Post them please... Any suggestion is welcome !

To contact me the quickest, add me to MSN, i'll try to stay online 15/16 hours a day. the adress is
    drakkie5 at hotmail.com

I pretty much want to be in the engine department. I take way too long to draw 3-D so I will not be able to do that part.

I vote for the GT!

I'd like to be in as well, if there is still some room ?

I'd like to do interior/dashboard. (why isn't this lumped together?)

Have we decided on what type of car it'll be ? It would affect my interest , not really interested in designing the interior of a race or track car.. A GT would be perfect. Or heck, a 4 door supercar.

Put me down for suspension and chassis
    I am the Stig

haha, i made a wheel...no seriously i love playng with solidworks modelling and finite elemnet testing so that would be for me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg m.JPG (121.7 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg n.JPG (44.1 KB, 10 views)
    autozine.org

Nice wheels.

Jediali: I was hoping you could be the one who makes the 3-D model of the engine...

After you great work on your own V10 project I think you definately have the skills to make it.

i never really had the chance to put proper figures to that V10..this could be the opperunity to do that as a group with another engine model
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    haha, i made a wheel...no seriously i love playng with solidworks modelling and finite elemnet testing so that would be for me!
    Could i suggest going with more of a deep dish design? Flat faced wheels like that dont have any appeal for me.
    I am the Stig

that wheel was not a final or even a start..just messin
    autozine.org

Very well. I think its a consideration to keep in mind nevertheless. Im not sure what effect the differences in offset have on handling however.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information