• Supercar

5 10.20%
  • Single seater

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The UCP Supercar :

The UCP Supercar :

After realizing my mistake, i'll post this now

What will the type of car we will be building be ?

The options:
    - A Grand Tourismo (GT)
    - 4-door sportscar
    - thoroughbred racer
    - track/road car
    - real supercar (think Ferrari Enzo)
    - single seater

See the attached poll.

haha- i voted thinking "im the only one for this option" but no way!a transaxle FR setup anyone?
    autozine.org

IMHO a GT or 4 door sportscar is the most fun. It demands a bit more creativity than the others. A GT or 4 door needs not only the raw engine power but it also needs refinement, you'd have to be able to use this car on a day to day basis. I can't be tiresome to drive. It needs to be able to calm down if your cruising and it needs to be able to turn into a monster if you put the pedal to the metal.
    It also has to be practical. Practicality and supercar don't go hand in hand most of the time. I think it would be a great challenge to come up with a supercar that gives us supercar sensations coupled to practicality and comfort. Think M5/RS6/CLS/CL but different.

If I may say one thing: try to make this car different, go full out with your ideas, share all your ideas with your team members even if they're ridiculous. You'll probably be laughed at for some ideas but some ideas will get accepted.

Try to make this car revolutionary and different. Especially different.

RS6=no suspension! i know many people love this car but i'd rather not fall for audis mistake of wrong engine position and hard suspension=sporty (thats an american viwpoint)
    autozine.org

Yup, I know, Audi was a bad example when talking about comfort since they don't make a single car with a comfortable suspension . But that's a bit beside the point.

I voted GT but I don't care if it is a 2 door 2+2 or a full 4 door 4 seater as long as I am allowed to think up a big engine with lots of grunt!

Jediali and me gonna design one helluva engine!
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

I voted for the 4-door concept. I absolutely love cars like the RS4 and the M5. I think it is a great challenge to come up with a car that isn't only a good sportscar, but also a good every-day-driver.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    IMHO a GT or 4 door sportscar is the most fun. It demands a bit more creativity than the others. A GT or 4 door needs not only the raw engine power but it also needs refinement, you'd have to be able to use this car on a day to day basis. I can't be tiresome to drive. It needs to be able to calm down if your cruising and it needs to be able to turn into a monster if you put the pedal to the metal.
    It also has to be practical. Practicality and supercar don't go hand in hand most of the time. I think it would be a great challenge to come up with a supercar that gives us supercar sensations coupled to practicality and comfort. Think M5/RS6/CLS/CL but different.

If I may say one thing: try to make this car different, go full out with your ideas, share all your ideas with your team members even if they're ridiculous. You'll probably be laughed at for some ideas but some ideas will get accepted.

Try to make this car revolutionary and different. Especially different.
    I basically agree.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

has anyone seen JC'c "family car 2000" show (as part of the car years series). In it he says its simple to make a sall car, luxury car, super car but to make a family car its almost impossible. I really think the chassis people will have the hardest job.
    autozine.org

where's the "Sleeper Minivan" option?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

now i think the gt should be built for small productions, but if you guys are gonna go all, car company style, then 4 door, both are fun, but id have to go with Grand Turismo

It seems that it's going to be a GT. Will this GT be a 2 seater or a 2+2 ?
    I'd go for a 2+2 just to make a bit more "practical".

Maybe a car around the size of the Mercedes CL?

For the body design people: I think that an omission of the B-pillar would be cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    It seems that it's going to be a GT. Will this GT be a 2 seater or a 2+2 ?
    I'd go for a 2+2 just to make a bit more "practical".

Maybe a car around the size of the Mercedes CL?

For the body design people: I think that an omission of the B-pillar would be cool?
    CL-like big? That's too big if you ask me. I'd rather put it between Maserati Coupe/Jaguar XK size.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    CL-like big? That's too big if you ask me. I'd rather put it between Maserati Coupe/Jaguar XK size.
    I agree. I also think that a CL size car needs a highly valued brand behind it to make profit.

Maybe. It was just a suggestion . Doesn't really matter to me. I suggested the CL because it has decent rear seating space.

CL is 5,06m, XK is 4,8m and Maser is 4,5m

PS: twinspark, how are your drawing skills ? I've noticed that you're in the interior department as well ?

Thread Information