9 18.37%
  • Supercar

5 10.20%
  • Single seater

2 4.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The UCP Supercar :

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    I voted for the 4-door concept. I absolutely love cars like the RS4 and the M5. I think it is a great challenge to come up with a car that isn't only a good sportscar, but also a good every-day-driver.
    That sums up my thoughts and vote.

ok, what i think might be wrong, is the back, i think it might be too high, and overall looks like a ferrari, but this is just a simple design, and one of the 6 or 7 i have in mind, so dont think this is final, or nessecarilly what it will look like
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm liking the front, a bit Aston Martinish. The back is certainly way too high and short. The rear window should follow a less steep and long line. The wheel arches are also a bit square.

I'm having quite a bit of problems with proportions and ovals myself (the steering wheel) in the interior design. Drawing an oval in perspective ain't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    I'm liking the front, a bit Aston Martinish. The back is certainly way too high and short. The rear window should follow a less steep and long line. The wheel arches are also a bit square.

I'm having quite a bit of problems with proportions and ovals myself (the steering wheel) in the interior design. Drawing an oval in perspective ain't easy.

Thank you thank you, and everybody else feel free to out your thought on here, i will try to finish the next design soon

I think it would be better to define what kind of car we are making before starting on the exterior design. A front engined four seater coupe will look nothing like a mid engined two seater sportscar.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

good point, well like i said, im making more designs so im just looking at options, but yeah i see what your saying

Hmm... we might need to go with a 1+3 style similar to the McLaren F1.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Hmm... we might need to go with a 1+3 style similar to the McLaren F1.
    The McLaren F1 was a three seater with the driver sitting in the middle. Alternatively there's the Matra Bagheera layout with three seats too, but the driver on the (left for LHD cars) side.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah, but it's a bit impossible to have a GT w/ 4 seats and a MR layout, so the (modified) McLaren layout will work
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Yeah, but it's a bit impossible to have a GT w/ 4 seats and a MR layout, so the (modified) McLaren layout will work
    It is possible (think Lamborghini Urraco or Ferrari Mondial). The engine could be mounted transversally and be made as compact as possible. Furthermore this shouldn't have the space of an MPV, a pair of tiny seats in the back would do.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information