Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pontiac G8 Revealed - exterior and interior

That Pontiac-spec rear spoiler looks heaps better than the stupid towel racks they plonk onto Commodore SS and HSV imo

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    That Pontiac-spec rear spoiler looks heaps better than the stupid towel racks they plonk onto Commodore SS and HSV imo
    The design certainly doesnt flow with the big gaudy wing.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The design certainly doesnt flow with the big gaudy wing.
    Shut up! this is beautiful!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Well 360bhp and 245 tyres I think it's ok. Wider tyres would be overkill in my opinion.
    I see what you mean now... We used to have the GTS with 400hp on 245's and people weren't to happy with them little buggers..
    But our everyday family cars have been criticized over the years for not having wider rubber, I wouldn't go under 215 now a days and that's just my car.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I see what you mean now... We used to have the GTS with 400hp on 245's and people weren't to happy with them little buggers..
    But our everyday family cars have been criticized over the years for not having wider rubber, I wouldn't go under 215 now a days and that's just my car.
    Well in comparison, my dads M3 had 225's up front and 245's at the rear. Thats with similar power to an XR6T, but less torque IIRC than a Falcon XT. Now increase the weight a fair few hundred kg's, and add almost a decade of "catching up to the Germans" and you see how we've been lagging.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I think that the Mini's standard rubber (195) is enough for the engine (170bhp and 220Nm). You have about the same power as I do, however you have 33% more torque than I do, hence I underdstand your need for wider tyres. You wouldn't go under 215, but there's no need to go over 215 either, in my opinion.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well in comparison, my dads M3 had 225's up front and 245's at the rear. Thats with similar power to an XR6T, but less torque IIRC than a Falcon XT. Now increase the weight a fair few hundred kg's, and add almost a decade of "catching up to the Germans" and you see how we've been lagging.
    Very much lagging behind.. I think a Typhoon with 245's Anyone call for some DJR rubber on the rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I think that the Mini's standard rubber (195) is enough for the engine (170bhp and 220Nm). You have about the same power as I do, however you have 33% more torque than I do, hence I understand your need for wider tyres. You wouldn't go under 215, but there's no need to go over 215 either, in my opinion.
    My car brings on 90% torque just off idle @ 1500rpm, And kickdown is worse, It's torque down low, So fast down low on take off's it would beat a V8 with 179kw 410Nm in the same body to 60km/h. So in the rain it can be a handful if your tyres aren't good or wide enough, Since going to the 225's i have been very confident in the wet, Since going back to the 215's with less grip it's been very wobbly and slippy. From the factory these cars were a joke with 185's. But it's more the car it's light very much so in the rear and some have even stuck 25kg bags of cement in the boot.
    But as a everyday car i would recommend 215 min, If your getting into working it up 225 +.

In what I think is a cool move, a company is offering a conversion kit to transform a G8 into a Commodore for under $2,000 for the base model, and under $4,000 for the GT being made an HSV. Not cheap in my eyes, but a cool conversion and it'd be kinda neat having the Holden getup to me.

that is interesting, but 2000 greens for a coupla badges?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    that is interesting, but 2000 greens for a coupla badges?
    Well it is a different front grille entirely so they gotta remove the old one and put the new one on. No less, still steep; but it's more than badges, it is body work.

it's worth it to lose the stupid pontiac nose LOL
    i wonder if it includes a manual transmission..to make it a commodore..lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Complete rip-off in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it's worth it to lose the stupid pontiac nose LOL
    i wonder if it includes a manual transmission..to make it a commodore..lol
    Nope, americans don't know how a car with three pedals works...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Sure they do, its a foot operated handbrake
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    this was good, thanks for the lulz
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    I knew someone would mention that...