Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontiac G8 Revealed - exterior and interior

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA)
    And yet they didn't hesitate to apply "Bonneville" to a front-wheel-drive mish-mash with more plastic add-ons than a room full of trophy wives.

Also, rumor has it Bob Lutz wants to bring the Holden Ute over as a Chevrolet El Camino (another 'heritage' nameplate).
    That rumor has been around for a very LONG time now. Has it surfaced again recently? I think I heard the Baja sales from Subaru scared them away from the idea.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA)
    more plastic add-ons than a room full of trophy wives.
    ROFL! Love the analogy & relieved you said add-ons not add-ins

Also, rumor has it Bob Lutz wants to bring the Holden Ute over as a Chevrolet El Camino (another 'heritage' nameplate).
    For your interest this attached pic of the aussie ancestor to Chevy's El Camino

Btw Timothy you & me also share 'badges'

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Actually I'm surprised to find that the V8 powered Commodore runs 245 section tyres. I find it very reasonable.

The fact that you mentioned 20" wheels made me worry about needlessly wide tyres. But as it turns out my worries were unnecessary.
    I run 225 rear tyres on a 15" rim for my 92 Holden Commodore V6.

Now it's out that front with the grills looks much better then that shitty front they first had on it, It's not bad this time the car looks like it was pretty much made like that not just added bits here and there, I like the idea they have used some of holdens gear and hsv's this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I run 225 rear tyres on a 15" rim for my 92 Holden Commodore V6.
    The Mini (170bhp) has 205 tyres all round. Comparing with the Commodore SS it is seriously overtyred...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Question: What is it that US car companies have against fitting big wheels from the factory? Those look like 18s, whereas here that wheel (which is the HSV GTS wheel) is a 20. Or is it just Pontiac? They chucked tiny little wheels on the GTO that looked silly.
    Well it is based on an SS not a HSV so I suppose they could have taken the 19s. However these look like the 20" HSV GTS ones.
    20x8 fronts and 20x9.5 rears if they are.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

The articles have said either 18" or optional 19"s. And yeah, they are the 20" HSV design
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

yeah... i still don't see any resemblance. if anything, they copied audi.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I don't see any resemblance either. That's a bit like saying that all cars copied the firs one that had 4 wheels...
    Visca Catalunya!

The side vent is much more of an Aston rip-off than the M3 rip-off.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

What is this .. name that resemblance week?

Pardon my late night grumpiness but I thought (hoped) this particular rendition of automotive enthusiasm would remain contained & confined to 'visual recognition' trainspotters from lessor websites. Thankfully automotivedom is not restricted to a two-dimensional world (unlike internet photos) but would you believe on the GMI website some drongo seriously proposes that the square-edged and substantially sized Holden VE is a style-derivative (aka clone) of a small blobby FWD Nissan econocar Yes the phenomenon has plumbed this level of desparation, FFS!

No I'm not joking. But in any case, so bloody what if VE does dare to successfully incorporate various style influences from other international marques .. as does virtually every other high volume car! For example the inference that Holden copied the BMW split grille treatment is particularly pedantic, and ironic, considering 1972 Holden HQ Statesman which predates by a decade any BMW model that features 'wider than high' twin nasal orifices. And Pontiac did it way earlier

Who copies who? And really, who gives a rats arse
    Last edited by nota; 02-08-2007 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The Mini (170bhp) has 205 tyres all round. Comparing with the Commodore SS it is seriously overtyred...
    Hey?
    My car stock factory ran 185's with 127kw 293Nm power 1330kg weight.... Undertyerd by a mile, Now with the 225's at the moment 215 on the rear they give better grip, Still wouldn't knock some wider rubber it's very easy for a car of my size and weight and not jumping with V8 power to get the car sideways with ease and chirp the rears with a kickdown to 1st going straight in the dry, Even with 3 in the car very easy to move the rear. So i always say the rubber or the better rubber the best all round. If a car of 100hp had 245 tyres i'd say over tyres for sure.

But do you think before i go any further the G8 is to wide on tyres? or not wide enough?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    But do you think before i go any further the G8 is to wide on tyres? or not wide enough?
    Well 360bhp and 245 tyres I think it's ok. Wider tyres would be overkill in my opinion.
    Visca Catalunya!

Let’s see, the BMW is a two door as opposed to the four doors Pontiac, the BMWs boot lid tapers backwards where the Pontiacs tapers forwards, the BMWs exhausts are in board and the Pontiacs are outboard, the BMW has the BMW trademark grill with circular vents and the Pontiac has Pontiac trademark grille with circular driving lights.
    They both do have horizontal vents in the front guard though.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

The car looks nice to say the least.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Thread Information