Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pontiac G8 Revealed - exterior and interior

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Sure they do, its a foot operated handbrake
    Ewww.. Yuck, foot operated handrakes.
    I tried explaining what the clutch and clutch pedal are for to one of my friends, and for the life of him he couldn't understand why the clutch was there. He understoop shifting but didnt understand why you had to put the clutch in to do it.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Complete rip-off in my opinion.

Nope, americans don't know how a car with three pedals works...
    Ha...ha...ha...haa.

Yea, I don't know anything about working 3 pedals. But curiously enough, my left foot....does.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

"Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Very much lagging behind.. I think a Typhoon with 245's Anyone call for some DJR rubber on the rear

My car brings on 90% torque just off idle @ 1500rpm, And kickdown is worse, It's torque down low, So fast down low on take off's it would beat a V8 with 179kw 410Nm in the same body to 60km/h. So in the rain it can be a handful if your tyres aren't good or wide enough, Since going to the 225's i have been very confident in the wet, Since going back to the 215's with less grip it's been very wobbly and slippy. From the factory these cars were a joke with 185's. But it's more the car it's light very much so in the rear and some have even stuck 25kg bags of cement in the boot.
    But as a everyday car i would recommend 215 min, If your getting into working it up 225 +.
    Take into account the strength of your drivetrain too.

Many people forget that manufacturers tune X-amount of grip into their equation when working out mechanical packages and hence the reason why some cars seem 'under-tyred' is simply because if the car had full grip ALL the time at full torque and full power, the differential/drivetrain and transmission are forced to bear huge amounts of load.

And hence they break.

It's a warranty issue for most manufacturers and the reason why you'll see F6's with tyre widths that seem inadequate for 550Nm of torque. They see it far better to have rough owners replace a set of rear tyres (clearly their own fault) instead of having those same people return cars to dealerships with claims of broken gearboxes and diffs.

As for the G8, I think it looks miles better than the restrained garbage Holden put out.

The wing on the G8 is sexy-as!

Surely the chance of a few broken gearboxes and diffs outweighs the safety benefits of having more contact with the ground. It makes sense, but seems like a cheap cop out.
    I am the Stig

Surely the chance of a few broken gearboxes and diffs outweighs the safety benefits of having more contact with the ground. It makes sense, but seems like a cheap cop out.
    It's GM (and Ford), it is a cheap cop out.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

But our cars turn corners..

AERO_HDT..

It's more the take off where the issue comes in.
    But in comparing the VP to VT the VP now has superior grip in all area's. Admitting it's been tweaked. But it's been one of the slight disappointments Ive shared with the VT so far. More because it's got a very nice handling base in and out of corners it's sharp.
    One problem could be camber/toe. I need a kit to straighten up the back wheels and hopefully give the tires full contact with the road again.

But manufactures usually get us to upgrade tires. That's my other beef

Quote Originally Posted by AERO_HDT View Post
    Take into account the strength of your drivetrain too.

Many people forget that manufacturers tune X-amount of grip into their equation when working out mechanical packages and hence the reason why some cars seem 'under-tyred' is simply because if the car had full grip ALL the time at full torque and full power, the differential/drivetrain and transmission are forced to bear huge amounts of load.
    That's only an issue if you don't know how to drive properly and just dump the clutch instead of feeding it in properly.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

But our cars turn corners..

AERO_HDT..

It's more the take off where the issue comes in.
    But in comparing the VP to VT the VP now has superior grip in all area's. Admitting it's been tweaked. But it's been one of the slight disappointments Ive shared with the VT so far. More because it's got a very nice handling base in and out of corners it's sharp.
    One problem could be camber/toe. I need a kit to straighten up the back wheels and hopefully give the tires full contact with the road again.

But manufactures usually get us to upgrade tires. That's my other beef

Are you sure youre not simply feeling the lighter weight of the VP?
    I am the Stig

Are you sure youre not simply feeling the lighter weight of the VP?
    VP even takes off without wheelspin. The VT loves to shake and bake.
    Which is surprising as the VP is better on take offs. It's got nice grip which isn't always the case with these things.

The 2008 Pontiac G8

The 2008 Pontiac G8 comes with 2trims. The base G8 is available with a 256 hp (191 kW) 3.6 L DOHC VVT V6 engine, standard with a 5-speed automatic and the GT comes with a 361 hp (269 kW)[9] 6.0 L Generation IV V8, featuring a 6-speed automatic and Active Fuel Management, capable of reaching 60 mph (96 km/h) in just over 5 seconds.I think the features are really attractive with 6 airbags, traction control, stability control, dual tailpipes, 18 inch alloy wheels ,sports body kit, black cloth seats.The sound system is quite good with a 7-speaker audio system, including front center speaker, single-disc CD player, and auxiliary input jack. The colours are attractive too.
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 11-13-2008 at 04:37 AM.

I wish they did the Berlina Calais Calais-V and SV6 SS plus SS-V. That way their is the range from bottom to top. Only problem is that makes it confusing. But it could have made the price cheaper.

Hopefully soon they will offer the DI V6 and 6 speed auto.

Quote Originally Posted by janeashley22 View Post
    The 2008 Pontiac G8 comes with 2trims. The base G8 is available with a 256 hp (191 kW) 3.6 L DOHC VVT V6 engine, standard with a 5-speed automatic and the GT comes with a 361 hp (269 kW)[9] 6.0 L Generation IV V8, featuring a 6-speed automatic and Active Fuel Management, capable of reaching 60 mph (96 km/h) in just over 5 seconds.I think the features are really attractive with 6 airbags, traction control, stability control, dual tailpipes, 18 inch alloy wheels ,sports body kit, black cloth seats.The sound system is quite good with a 7-speaker audio system, including front center speaker, single-disc CD player, and auxiliary input jack. The colours are attractive too.
    common features in a european hatch for about 20/25.000 euro

the point of that car is the V8, and the rwd, nothing else.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

That holds 4 skinny midgets and 2 bags of shopping..

There is always more to a rwd V8 when it comes from the land down under.

That holds 4 skinny midgets and 2 bags of shopping..

There is always more to a rwd V8 when it comes from the land down under.
    they're are roomier (and fast) than what you think, but I recognize I've been a little harsh on this car
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information