Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best truck to turn awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing
    Might be a winner, looks good. gotta check whats under the hood and body first thou.

Never heard of it but i like the 4x4

HiLux = Toyota Pickup
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    HiLux = Toyota Pickup
    Oh the (edit)pre-Tacoma right? i dont like compact pick-ups, its full size or bigger for me but thanks for the suggestion.

Yep. It's the old one.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I had a '92 Bronco for a while. There's really nothing bad I can say about it. The Twin Traction Beam front end will hamper a lift a little bit and they struggle with tires bigger then 32" as I recall, though. Still, they're a tough as they come - I can attest to that, as when I ran it into a tree at 50mph it took the impact and I was still able to open both the doors normally. The windshield wasn't even cracked!! And as a side bonus, the rear removable top was awesome.

Any engine will do; the 300ci inline six is a torque monster and is nearly impossible to kill. The 351W is a beast in its own right, as well, and would by my choice, but the 302 with a set of 3.73 gears, the way mine was set up, will equal a stock 351W any day.

The Rams are good trucks too, though they don't come across as being as powerful or torquey as the Fords. Definitely go with a 360 on these rigs; the 4x4's are heavy and the 318 is pretty well taxed by them, let alone the little V6.

I'm a fan of the Dodge Power Wagons, though, the Full-size Broncos (like mine) second, and the Early (up through '77) Broncos third. And don't forget the old Jeep CJ's, Land Rover Defenders, and Chebby Blazers (not the little S10 Blazers...I mean the REAL, full-size Blazers). The Blazer's drawback, though, is that the removable top tends to be leaky, so that's something to look out for.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing
    hmmmm, i believe i had one when i was born but thanks for the suggestion. Remind me to run you over later.
    My mistake, didn't realise you were actually gonna off-road with it.

But my comment stands for anyone who doesn't off-road with them...they're a bloody waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    My mistake, didn't realise you were actually gonna off-road with it.

But my comment stands for anyone who doesn't off-road with them...they're a bloody waste of space.
    haha yea im acutaly gonna use it for what its made for, but since you admit your mistake i wont run you over I got a friend with a off road ranger i believe and he goes out every once in a while so ill probably tag along with him. As for the people who get a big badass truck and deny it the right of no road, i agree...shame on them.

i've never actually gone off road in a truck so i've no exprience what so ever
    but i'd suggest a chevy silverado or dodge ram
    I do believe the older ones are a bit better as the new ones are better suited to the streets
    I do know a few good off roaders that i doubt you can get your hands on: defender, unimog, h1(military trucks are pretty good) and the toyota pick up thing

The new Mitsubishi Trition could be modified to become an awesome truck. IF the Triton is indeed a truck.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

viper
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    See if you can get hold of an early '90s Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra. Those look absolutely freakin' awesome with a nice lift kit, some 34 tires and a bull bar. A bit redneck, but awesome all the same!

[Image]
    its like the toyota from back to the future, i know its not a toyota .
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-20-2007 at 01:27 AM.
    autozine.org

What about one of those trucks that IWAARS6 had in his avatar a while back, Chevy 'Big Red' special or something...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Diesel. There is no substitute.
    EXACTLY. if your building a beast diesel is THE ONLY way to go. they are far superior to building a gas truck. many of my friends have had lifted gas trucks in the past. every single one of them owns big diesels now and are pissed that they didnt buy a diesel in the first place. you can buy some bad ass used trucks for around 20k. get one and don't look back.

gas lifted trucks suck! they get horrible gas milage, have crappy power, spin their tires too easy in mud (wheras a diesel can just idle thru anything). diesels are better in every catagory.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    EXACTLY. if your building a beast diesel is THE ONLY way to go. they are far superior to building a gas truck. many of my friends have had lifted gas trucks in the past. every single one of them owns big diesels now and are pissed that they didnt buy a diesel in the first place. you can buy some bad ass used trucks for around 20k. get one and don't look back.

gas lifted trucks suck! they get horrible gas milage, have crappy power, spin their tires too easy in mud (wheras a diesel can just idle thru anything). diesels are better in every catagory.
    Isn't your Cherokee the 4.0L 6-cyl?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post

Problem is that i dont have 20k to spend let alone the insureance, gas, and lifts/brush guard/etc. gas trucks will work for me and it has too. Thats all i can get.

Im thinkin about just saying screw it and get a GSX-R 600. faster and better gas mileage, plus ive always loved bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Problem is that i dont have 20k to spend let alone the insureance, gas, and lifts/brush guard/etc. gas trucks will work for me and it has too. Thats all i can get.

Im thinkin about just saying screw it and get a GSX-R 600. faster and better gas mileage, plus ive always loved bikes.
    That is an excellent idea (getting the bike). If my mom wasn't so worried about the safety of bikes then I would have one.

Thread Information