Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Air Superiority for the next 25 years: Confirmed

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2

    What a bunch of bullshit!

    It is very convenient to fight against the outdated fleet of US planes and call them 'red wave' or some other name. It is pathetic to make public annoncements about air superiority on the basis of bullshit tests, but then I am sure Pentagon has to eat too

    There were cases of real life combat situations in Middle east (look for the reports online). Indian airforce was on SU-27s the opponnents on F something. SUs came out untouched. Assymetric answer is the key in todays race - instead of stealthy surfices SUs use magnetic fields that eat signals etc, etc. Manuverability and speed have never been a problem for Sukhoi - ever seen Pugachov's cobra? You have not? Then take a closer look and don't forget - the plane was commissioned at the beginning of seventies...Ever heard about a Russian by the name of Sikorski? That is where all helicopters started from...It is very easy to brag about superiority when you turn your blind eye on your opponent.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Did the pilots go down for this?
    I am unaware of anyone "going down" for following orders. I could be wrong, but I think you can be court marshalled if you don't follow those orders.

    I really feel for the family of the Brit that got killed by the A-10.

    I don't think the pilots are to blame. Someone is at fault, that someone was at mission control, not in a cockpit.

    I could be very wrong though...
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 02-06-2007 at 05:02 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

    When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Location: Location: (UK)
    Posts
    2,496
    Just who are these fighters going to protect you from? Nobody on Bush's "To Free" list has an airforce.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Air Superiority against who, by the way?
    all...

    as for mr pugachov, I am a russophile as well, but SU-27 will get completely outdone by F22.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Location: Location: (UK)
    Posts
    2,496
    The russians aren't going to attack America, even when they had the means to and were in posistion (Cuba) they didn't. Its not going to happen, get over it.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Posts
    1,873
    We don't build planes to defend against Russia, we build nuclear weapons for that.

    We build planes to defend american interests (not america, you're not going to see Iran or North Korea assault the US) or in case El Mad Presidente feels the urge to go free the sh!t out of Iran.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    The russians aren't going to attack America, even when they had the means to and were in posistion (Cuba) they didn't. Its not going to happen, get over it.
    The Russians are not the only operators.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_...tion_and_users
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    I am unaware of anyone "going down" for following orders. I could be wrong, but I think you can be court marshalled if you don't follow those orders.

    I really feel for the family of the Brit that got killed by the A-10.

    I don't think the pilots are to blame. Someone is at fault, that someone was at mission control, not in a cockpit.

    I could be very wrong though...
    Well my uncle had to face the music for following orders and ditching a Wessex many years back. A case of conflicting orders. He was exonerated but it is not always as easy as just following orders.
    These pilots were operating under some type of orders that precluded attacking vehicle marked with orange sheets. They were also operating under orders to attack some targets displaying them. What is the overriding order?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,038
    Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    The Russians are not the only operators.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_...tion_and_users


    Well my uncle had to face the music for following orders and ditching a Wessex many years back. A case of conflicting orders. He was exonerated but it is not always as easy as just following orders.
    These pilots were operating under some type of orders that precluded attacking vehicle marked with orange sheets. They were also operating under orders to attack some targets displaying them. What is the overriding order?
    Then there is justifiable paranoia. The Venezuelan goverment isn't the friendliest bunch. I am a propent of air superiority. We should be able to defend the country. I don't, however, support them, or anything else for that matter, being used to invade middle-eastern nations.


    I don't doubt that there will be an invesitgation. Now that it has come into the public domain, it's almost unavoidable. I just doubt that anything will come of it. There is nothing to suggest the pilots are guilty of anything, and the higher-ups will likely get of because our justice system is frequently unjust.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

    When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2

    Lock-n-load!

    Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    all...

    as for mr pugachov, I am a russophile as well, but SU-27 will get completely outdone by F22.
    SU-27 is from the seventies, forget that. SU-30, 37 and who knows what - russians have a different security protocol: back in the day nobody even knew Sukhoi aircrafts existed - everyone was talking about MIGs that were used by russians as a decoy - were for export to 'friendly' countries. Fly-by-wire technology was invented then - who knows where it is now. I bought the F-22 show from discovery channel - they called Raptor the last manned fighter. Wait until Chaves buys a few SUs and we may see some action - it would have been a hit TV show it it was ever possible: latest Su against Raptor, Tor against Patriot, AK against M etc Military would never agree to do that without a real war - nobody wants to loose in a competition

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    True North
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugachov
    SU-27 is from the seventies, forget that. SU-30, 37 and who knows what - russians have a different security protocol: back in the day nobody even knew Sukhoi aircrafts existed - everyone was talking about MIGs that were used by russians as a decoy - were for export to 'friendly' countries. Fly-by-wire technology was invented then - who knows where it is now. I bought the F-22 show from discovery channel - they called Raptor the last manned fighter. Wait until Chaves buys a few SUs and we may see some action - it would have been a hit TV show it it was ever possible: latest Su against Raptor, Tor against Patriot, AK against M etc Military would never agree to do that without a real war - nobody wants to loose in a competition
    There is a show on the history channel that compares weapons and military vehicles...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,031
    Which of these two scenarios is currently true?

    Venuezuala is actively trying to overthrow the elected govt of the USA

    USA is actively trying to overthrow the elected govt of Venezuala

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    For Tax Purposes, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    14,580
    Doesn't Venuezuala have enough trouble of it's own before trying to overthrow the US government?

    I saw a ticker on FOX news the other night ( I was watching the Colbert/O'Reilly Battle - sheer television genius) which had an upcoming debate topic - "Will Cutting off Venuezualan oil Cost us more? is it worth it?"

    Genius. Sheer unadulterated genius.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Living the good life in Antarctica.
    Posts
    2,827
    I was told that Japan had the best military aircraft?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Coldenflat
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    I was told that Japan had the best military aircraft?
    Only if they have V-tec's my friend. 1N 7HA7 CA53 7H3Y CAN7 L053!!!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •