Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Air Superiority for the next 25 years: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    I was told that Japan had the best military aircraft?
    Well F2s, F4s and F15s so some may make the claim
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-07-2007 at 12:33 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Which of these two scenarios is currently true?

Venuezuala is actively trying to overthrow the elected govt of the USA

USA is actively trying to overthrow the elected govt of Venezuala
    The latter, and I am assuming this is directed at me. Them being, or seeming to be, just as psychotic as the US government worries me. If they do have these Pugachovs or whatever, then they have to capacity to attack us and very well may do so. I'd say that they are just as much of a threat as N.K. I am in no way suggesting violence is the answer here, but I am suggesting that I fear it could end that way. I don't like war, and that is why I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    Then there is justifiable paranoia. The Venezuelan goverment isn't the friendliest bunch. I am a propent of air superiority. We should be able to defend the country. I don't, however, support them, or anything else for that matter, being used to invade middle-eastern nations.
    Maybe I should be more clear. I like the idea of having these jets. I don't think that they, or any other aspect of the US military should be used offensively-they should be used in the hihgly unlikely event of a military attack on this country.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    The latter, and I am assuming this is directed at me.
    No it was not directed at you
    Them being, or seeming to be, just as psychotic as the US government worries me. If they do have these Pugachovs or whatever, then they have to capacity to attack us and very well may do so. I'd say that they are just as much of a threat as N.K. I am in no way suggesting violence is the answer here, but I am suggesting that I fear it could end that way. I don't like war, and that is why I said:
    Personally I think it a fair measure of the collective paranoia curently infesting the US that any reasonable person would at all countenance the possibility let alone likelyhood of Venezuala posing ANY sort of military threat whatsoever to America. For them to do so would mean instant suicide. These fears are ludicrous, imho

However there is strong and credible evidence to believe that the US has and does pose a real and significant threat to Chavez, to his elected government, to the Venezualan people who voted him in (twice, despite the US-funded coup d'etat) and to their democracy

Contrast these two items:

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=1736

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...articleId=1296

Su-37 FTW!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...667235&q=su-37

When i see a F-22 do any of thoose moves i'll be impressed.

I'm a russian fighter fan too, but the f22 is a well built plane and we all know how russian military development funding is right know...

As for someone that said that to fight the russians you would built more Nukes, well, remember, you already have enought nukes to kill us all about 1000 times... and that it will only take one launch from either "side" to start the counter atack that will kill us ALL!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    No it was not directed at you

Personally I think it a fair measure of the collective paranoia curently infesting the US that any reasonable person would at all countenance the possibility let alone likelyhood of Venezuala posing ANY sort of military threat whatsoever to America. For them to do so would mean instant suicide. These fears are ludicrous, imho

However there is strong and credible evidence to believe that the US has and does pose a real and significant threat to Chavez, to his elected government, to the Venezualan people who voted him in (twice, despite the US-funded coup d'etat) and to their democracy

Contrast these two items:

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=1736

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...articleId=1296
    It's sad that I/we am/are this paranoid, I'll admit that. It's hard to convey how it looks from the American viewpoint, but I don't think any of know who we can and can't trust. For the very reason you pointed out, we can't trust our own government. The "security" agencies increase threats by provoking people. It's not just Chavez that worries me, my own country does.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

This is all very confusing and interesting. I love Sukhoi's abnd MiG's as well - thir handiling is impeccable. So is the Eurofighter's so I hear. However, the F-22 doesn't need good handiling to destroy it's enemies. The inital post by blingbling was also a comedic masterpiece:

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    hegemony'd
    Waita go blingbling. That was an amazing end to the post. All this being said, I have to say: who is there left to fight for the US? Surely no one that has anything at all to compare with the Raptor's supremacy. 241-2. That is godlike performance. In predicted settings against the Eurofighter, and the newest Sukhoi, the Raptor thrashed them both. The plane is a masterpiece of engineering and I respect it for that, but like any war weapon - seems ultimately counterintuitive to world peace. A wise man once said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
    I would think that a solid mix of American paranoia as well as capitalism and the military-industrial complex are all factors in the creation of this death machine.

As for those lost Brits - a terrible shame. Friendly Fire is one of the most horiffic things in war. Canada had it's first casualties on April 18, 2002 when an American F-16 dropped a bomb on soldiers training at Tarnak Farm in Kandahar, killing 4 and injuring 8. It would be easy to get angry and blame the "stupid Americans" for the mistake - something I felt when the event happened, but the fact of the matter is that it was a mistake. We should not mourn only the deaths of out own countries soldiers, but anyone killed in war. Anyone killed in a war is truly saddening, as their lifespans are usually cut when they are far too young.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    Su-37 FTW!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...667235&q=su-37

When i see a F-22 do any of thoose moves i'll be impressed.

I'm a russian fighter fan too, but the f22 is a well built plane and we all know how russian military development funding is right know...

As for someone that said that to fight the russians you would built more Nukes, well, remember, you already have enought nukes to kill us all about 1000 times... and that it will only take one launch from either "side" to start the counter atack that will kill us ALL!
    Smacks of thrust to weight!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Hey you don't have to tell me that :P We're still building 'em though.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Love the F-22, too bad its so damned expensive. I think its a great excercise in technology but not much more. The Su's and even some much older MiG's are just as impressive though at a much smaller price. I hear the whole of the US Air force will be stealth by 2020, especiallly after the introduction of the JSFs.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

Thread Information