Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got (another) new computer

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    You're right on Vista. It blows monkey balls. It doesn't support ANYTHING!! I can't even play bloody MP3's on it! It's aesthetically very pleasing, but it's aggravating and so far, useless. Wish they'd still had XP as an option when we ordered...I don't like XP either, but it was better by a long shot than Vista.
    hmmm that sounds annoying.I am still peed off that Microsoft cant just give us what we want.i'll leave it there. When i can afford it i will get a mac.
    autozine.org

Wait untill MS redesigns its OS from scratch. You'll lose all backwards compatibility. In any case, Windows really is in need of a complete redesign. Vista is just a patch to bridge the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Next G-twat? Watch it mate, me don't want you to go!! You visit Games section!!... Congrats on the Purchase Spas.. I've been thinking of going mac, proberly get one in the next couple of months..
    How dare you compare me to Gtek-i?

I had a bit of trouble fitting Saab/Volvo into a sentence.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

You're right on Vista. It blows monkey balls. It doesn't support ANYTHING!! I can't even play bloody MP3's on it! It's aesthetically very pleasing, but it's aggravating and so far, useless. Wish they'd still had XP as an option when we ordered...I don't like XP either, but it was better by a long shot than Vista.
    I installed Vista RC 1 the day I received my new computer and was annoyed to see my X-Fi sound card didn't work. Great. I spent 150$ on a good card and can't use it. I went back to XP about 20 minutes after installing Vista. I'm also very pleased by Vista's appearance, so I installed Vista transformation pack on XP. Good deal I guess, XP's compatibility with Vista's beauty. Strangely, it uses less ram than the Royale theme for XP.

Oh, almost forgot... 64-bit versions of Vista are probably the worst OS I ever saw, they are even less compatible than normal editions of Vista.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Good. I like Apple, it's a very good OS, but the fanboys are getting really bad, and it's annoying.
    Seconded, and speaking of which, Bill also wants to express his opinions on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates
    And I don't know why [Apple is] acting like it’s superior. I don't even get it. What are they trying to say? Does honesty matter in these things, or if you're really cool, that means you get to be a lying person whenever you feel like it? There's not even the slightest shred of truth to it.
    It's not like Macs are even close to bad for everyday use, thus making it very unnecessary to make a joke out of its opponent on an advertisement. I totally agree with Gates there. There are only 3 reasons I prefer PC over Mac: Price, customizability, and games.

And by the way, nice computer there, although you might want to add 2 more 512Mb sticks in there if you're planning to run lots of apps at once.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap

There are only 3 reasons I prefer PC over Mac: Price, customizability, and games.
    MAC VS PC Heheheheheheheh
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 02-06-2007 at 09:34 PM.

jcp, I was using the Vista Beta 2 for a while, and apart from instability issues, I had no problems with support for programs/file types... MP3s should play in Windows Media Player.

However I must commend spastik on the computer purchase, I've got a 17" iMac, and it's great. Also, what difficulties are you having with the Internet? Are you using Airport, or a wired connection?
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Although I thought Win 3.1 and 95 were good operating systems.

PS sorry for the double-post.
    If you can't play a song on Vista you shouldn't be bashing. JCP, I like you as a member, but learn how to use a computer before coming to conclusions.. seriously!
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    jcp, I was using the Vista Beta 2 for a while, and apart from instability issues, I had no problems with support for programs/file types... MP3s should play in Windows Media Player.

However I must commend spastik on the computer purchase, I've got a 17" iMac, and it's great. Also, what difficulties are you having with the Internet? Are you using Airport, or a wired connection?
    Well I bought a wireless router today...but turns out our modem doesn't have a ethernet port...so we had to buy a new modem which should be arriving in a couple of days..bit of a bloody hassle but hopefully worth it!

Computer with Direct phone line connection FTW.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Well I bought a wireless router today...but turns out our modem doesn't have a ethernet port...so we had to buy a new modem which should be arriving in a couple of days..bit of a bloody hassle but hopefully worth it!
    Hate to say I told you so

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Ah yes, that would do it. New modem will solve it though, once you've got the wireless signal going the Mac will auto detect all networks in range and connect. It's just that easy.

Unlike my Windows PC, which took me a good hour of configuring to get a connection. sigh.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    Unlike my Windows PC, which took me a good hour of configuring to get a connection. sigh.
    Right-click wireless signal icon in tray and choose network ftw on Windows. Or Network Connections never fails.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Unfortunately wireless networking on windows is HIGHLY instable and will sometimes just refuse to work without good reason.

I've experienced this on a number of PCs all with good fresh windows installs so it's not an isolated freak case.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    If you can't play a song on Vista you shouldn't be bashing. JCP, I like you as a member, but learn how to use a computer before coming to conclusions.. seriously!
    Hey, I grew up in Silicon Valley. Had parents in the High-Tech industry - been submerged in compys since birth. I don't like computers, but please, don't construe that as not being able to use them. Neither Windows Media Player nor iTunes will play MP3's. Media player gives me some warning message saying that it can't play the file for some reason. My first move was to check to see if MP3's were supported in Media Player - indeed they were. Offhand I can't recall what the warning message said, but I took another look at it, and something about the way it was worded led me to believe there were some DRM issues. I checked the ID3 tags, none of the ones I had loaded on there as a sample were listed as protected. So, I decided to try iTunes next. It loaded fine and appears on the screen correctly, but my first clue that there was going to be trouble was when I had to fight it to load all my sample songs into the library. Then, when I told it to play a song, the little timer bar, etc. appeared, but it never played. Tried fast forwarding, dragging the timer bar halfway through the song, etc - no dice. I haven't tried WinAmp yet, which I downloaded here at school last week, but after the dude at Best Buy told me that Vista isn't backwards compatible with XP stuff (which is backed up by what I've seen so far), I wasn't in a hurry to try it and be disappointed again. I suppose it's worth a try, but I'm not hopeful.

Not only that, but Microsoft used to wait and send beta versions out to peripherals companies for testing + development so that there would be industrywide support for the new platforms concurrently when they were released. Now that Bill Gates isn't running the show anymore, I guess these guys got dollar signs in their eyes and skipped that step. Peripherals companies are left playing catch-up and leaving those who already have it in a lurch.

As a side note, my Dad is so frustrated with it too, he's shipping it back today. I'm not positive, but I believe we're getting a Mac instead. Doesn't bother me any!
    Last edited by jcp123; 02-08-2007 at 10:05 AM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information