20" iMac, more of a family PC but i'm still gunna be using it

* 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    * 250GB Serial ATA hard drive
    * 1GB (2x512MB) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    * 8 x double-layer SuperDrive
    * Mac OSX v10.4
    * Built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0
    * Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
    * Works with 56K V.92 Apple USB Modem (sold separately)
    * Apple Remote

Still trying to get the internet sorted out on it

Still waiting on the iBook buuuuut should come soon..

Welcome to the family

typical. the Apple fanboy seizes the opportunity to sucker another young, clueless one into the system.

Still, very hot computer.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I've got exactly the same iMac. It won't disappoint you.
    I desparately need to upgrade to 2GB of RAM. But DDR2 RAM prices are INSANE these days.

EDIT: hmm it seems that prices have come down quite a bit. Maybe it's time to order some.

i amnt a fanboy of any sort but like the idea of owning a computer like this. You have no need to explain the advantages of this mac over a PC. I still love my PC - its like a TVR super fast and hot. just needs £200 spent on parts every month when it decides not to function (its human aspects like this that give it character). haha. So whats a mac then in automotive terms?
    autozine.org

Saab/Volvo.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Saab/Volvo.
    Next G-twat? Watch it mate, me don't want you to go!! You visit Games section!!... Congrats on the Purchase Spas.. I've been thinking of going mac, proberly get one in the next couple of months..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Next G-twat? Watch it mate, me don't want you to go!! You visit Games section!!... Congrats on the Purchase Spas.. I've been thinking of going mac, proberly get one in the next couple of months..
    How dare you compare me to Gtek-i?

I had a bit of trouble fitting Saab/Volvo into a sentence.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The beauty of the PC is that you get everything listed in the first post of the Mac for like half the price. Macs are good, but the fanbase is starting to turn bad, like skyline bad. "PC's are teh suck, my Mac haz n0 viruses!"

Hell, I have to live with a roomate that has a $2800 MacBook Pro, I hear the 'haha, has Vista crashed yet?' every 15 minutes or so...
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Well, i'd had a total of 4 unhappy experiences with Windows OS's over a total of 3 computers. 95 sucked, 98 sucked, ME sucked so much it was unbelievable, and XP...sucked.

So i wasn't gunna take a chance on Vista.

Don't worry Rocke, i won't turn into an apple asshole, I'll leave that to Sam

BTW Lagonda, why do you need more ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Good. I like Apple, it's a very good OS, but the fanboys are getting really bad, and it's annoying.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Good. I like Apple, it's a very good OS, but the fanboys are getting really bad, and it's annoying.
    Seconded, and speaking of which, Bill also wants to express his opinions on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates
    And I don't know why [Apple is] acting like it’s superior. I don't even get it. What are they trying to say? Does honesty matter in these things, or if you're really cool, that means you get to be a lying person whenever you feel like it? There's not even the slightest shred of truth to it.
    It's not like Macs are even close to bad for everyday use, thus making it very unnecessary to make a joke out of its opponent on an advertisement. I totally agree with Gates there. There are only 3 reasons I prefer PC over Mac: Price, customizability, and games.

And by the way, nice computer there, although you might want to add 2 more 512Mb sticks in there if you're planning to run lots of apps at once.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap

There are only 3 reasons I prefer PC over Mac: Price, customizability, and games.
    MAC VS PC Heheheheheheheh
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 02-06-2007 at 09:34 PM.

jcp, I was using the Vista Beta 2 for a while, and apart from instability issues, I had no problems with support for programs/file types... MP3s should play in Windows Media Player.

However I must commend spastik on the computer purchase, I've got a 17" iMac, and it's great. Also, what difficulties are you having with the Internet? Are you using Airport, or a wired connection?
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Well, i'd had a total of 4 unhappy experiences with Windows OS's over a total of 3 computers. 95 sucked, 98 sucked, ME sucked so much it was unbelievable, and XP...sucked.

So i wasn't gunna take a chance on Vista.

BTW Lagonda, why do you need more ram?
    Because 1GB is nowhere near enough for my needs. I use Aperture a lot and it bogs down with only 1GB. And it really bogs down when you run Photoshop alongside Aperture.

Since the switch to Intel Mac applications also seem to have become a bit more memory hungry.

I'd max it out but a 1GB+2GB chip is waaay too expensive, so I'll stick with 2GB for now.

Thread Information