Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Racism in America

Racism in America

Following my viewing of "American History X" (fantastic movie) for probably the tenth time, I watched this A&E documentary on actual skinheads in Alabama. It's pretty long, but rather fascinating/sickening. If anyone is interested in seeing one form of the absolute dregs of the human race, watch this documentary. If I ever came in contact with Mr. Riccio, I would promptly plant a bullet in his head.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...386&q=neo+nazi

Please don't let this turn into an American flame thread; know that EVERYONE hates these people... just interested in hearing others' thoughts on the recruitment tactics etc.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Interesting indeed, but also sickening....

Unfortunately what I notice here,is that there is much more racism than most people think, but most people are too afraid to say it publicly.

Since my mother was born in Argentina from a Dutch father and a Indonesian mother, I am by law a foreigner (allochtoon in Dutch).

Sometimes a conversation with someone takes a twist and people say they dislike or hate foreigners, because they invade our country blablabla... They tend to be very shocked when I say I am a foreigner (by law) too. The politicians that wanted ME out of my country of birth got a lot of votes in the last few elections.

Some of my family looks black or indonesian. For some genetical reason, I have a white skin, but the looks of that part of the family. When walking through Rotterdam once, to do some shoppings with my grandmum and a uncle, we came by some racist people. They were cursing and discriminating(also against me), even though these people looked so common and you didnt expect it at all. From this moment on, I know what it feels like. And I can tell you it hurts much more than you think.

I can imagine one starts to dislike black people. Because of the social situations, these people are a bit more likely to go out and commit a crime. Research shows though, that white people do it just as much, if put in these conditions. After people are thinking this, they just follow some f%&k that shouts out racist messages. Unfortunately the younger ones tend to be more idealistic and more radical, as shown in this video too (and proven by Hitler with the Hitler Jugend and the Bund Deutscher Maedel ).

Realistically thinking ,integration of blacks into society is never possible. In the past they tried to merge into society. What happened ? They were kicked back into the ground. It becomes logical they started forming their own groups and stayed away from the others.

I'll end my rant here, I hope I made my point clear.

I'm from the Netherlands as well, and we're thought to be tolerant country, but racism is just as common here as in other parts of the world. A few days ago a large group of members from the racist blood and honour group were arrested whilst they were guarding an extreme right demonstration. They would beat up the people who were protesting against the demonstration with bats, bottles and other objects. I think everyone has at least some racist tendencies but most people recognize this in themselves and try not to let that rule their behaviour. Racism, based on whatever ground, is one of the most dangerous things in this world, because it makes any dialogue between different groups impossible and I just want people te be aware of that fact and try not to let racism rule their thinking. DON'T LET YOUR FEAR OF SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW PLAY A ROLE IN YOUR OPINIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    Please don't let this turn into an American flame thread; know that EVERYONE hates these people... just interested in hearing others' thoughts on the recruitment tactics etc.
    Everyone hates black people?

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs

Haha you know what I mean, jerk

Quote Originally Posted by sjoerd9718
    Racism, based on whatever ground, is one of the most dangerous things in this world, because it makes any dialogue between different groups impossible and I just want people te be aware of that fact and try not to let racism rule their thinking.
    I agree entirely... at my high school, the Asian and Hispanic gangs simply HATE each other, and literally every single day they try to square off in the parking lot. There's still some bad blood from 2003, when a Hispanic gang member was shot in the head by an Asian gang member right after school, on a busy street a block away (and they never caught him!). I sometimes like to pretend that the only reason they can't work things out is because they're young, but this video shows otherwise - adults are even more closed-minded when their sick beliefs have been fostered for an entire lifetime (I also just wrote two 10 page + reports on the Rwandan Genocide and the Darfur Crisis: prime examples). Geez, what a sick world.
    Last edited by TVRs4eva; 02-04-2007 at 10:35 AM.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gXtibiaMm8Y

I found that ^^ video very imformative, and it really opened my eyes.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs

"G-g-g-eorge Buh-buh-buh-buh-bush hates bl-black p-p-people."

-Kanye West
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

My views on cultural disrespect:

Black: I have no problem with african-american or caribbean people, it's just the good for nothing degenerates that go around stealing and shooting people up.

Asian: Asians are cool, but the Anime, flambuoyant colors and themes, and yappy high pitched laughing makes me want to kill myself.

Spanish: See Black.

White: I'm white, I don't like rednecks and radical Christians.

Jewish: I have Jewish friends, but I don't like Jewish people that think they're better than everyone else and talk lik there's a pencil rammed up their nose.

That covers most of it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    My views on cultural disrespect:

Black: I have no problem with african-american or caribbean people, it's just the good for nothing degenerates that go around stealing and shooting people up.

Asian: Asians are cool, but the Anime, flambuoyant colors and themes, and yappy high pitched laughing makes me want to kill myself.

Spanish: See Black.

White: I'm white, I don't like rednecks and radical Christians.

Jewish: I have Jewish friends, but I don't like Jewish people that think they're better than everyone else and talk lik there's a pencil rammed up their nose.

That covers most of it.
    Yeah, there's stereotypes of every ethnicity on the planet (and they come from somewhere... I'm Hispanic and try my best to go against all negative stereotypes) and the fallacy of racists is that they choose to ignore the truth that no matter what ethnicity, humans generally act the same way in the same environments, such as poverty and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gXtibiaMm8Y

I found that ^^ video very imformative, and it really opened my eyes.
    i second that. one of the more eye-opening threads i have read. I am surprised much of this is is not resolved ( i mean the neo-nazi movement)
    autozine.org

I agree entirely... at my high school, the Asian and Hispanic gangs simply HATE each other, and literally every single day they try to square off in the parking lot. There's still some bad blood from 2003, when a Hispanic gang member was shot in the head by an Asian gang member right after school, on a busy street a block away (and they never caught him!).
    Makes you wonder what they actually do this for. What is worth so much that you'd shoot someone in the head for it? 'Respect'? I'm sorry, but if you need to shoot someone in the head to make yourself feel good, then you really need to take your head out of your arse and into a tree shredder.

It sickens me. We don't get that much racial trouble round here- but I've seen things that I'd rather not see again.

I don't judge by race, just by how you drive. If someone can't navigate a busy intersection, when they want a free right, and sit there all day until there is absolutely no cars coming; then finally pull out and vooom. Here comes a car so they stop and wait for traffic to stop. yeah, i hate those people, that may have not been a clear and concise descriptioin of the situation and yes i do tend to over exaggerate, but hell, if you can't drive i hate yoU! Not to "racially Profile" but it is usually the asain or african-american, sometimes even hispanic with the family van who just came over here. Whatever the race, if you can't drive i hate you, i'm white and i even hate my own race for how stupid they are. Yes, i can be racist, but hate everyone equally. It doesn't just stop there, i hate hippies too. I try not to leave anyone out.

[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    I don't judge by race, just by how you drive. If someone can't navigate a busy intersection, when they want a free right, and sit there all day until there is absolutely no cars coming; then finally pull out and vooom. Here comes a car so they stop and wait for traffic to stop. yeah, i hate those people, that may have not been a clear and concise descriptioin of the situation and yes i do tend to over exaggerate, but hell, if you can't drive i hate yoU! Not to "racially Profile" but it is usually the asain or african-american, sometimes even hispanic with the family van who just came over here. Whatever the race, if you can't drive i hate you, i'm white and i even hate my own race for how stupid they are. Yes, i can be racist, but hate everyone equally. It doesn't just stop there, i hate hippies too. I try not to leave anyone out.

[/rant]
    Where the hell are you from?

Where the hell are you from?
    Seattle.

I was on Xbox live (COD2) and the racism that was coming from American players was disgraceful.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information