Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Esprit Successor Spied

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I'm not saying they are worthy products. Perhaps the best Lotus could do is scrap all their current four cylinder range and redesign it into something actually appealing to someone other than handling freaks.
    I love a car that handles well. I prefer a car that evokes passion, and handles well. A car that simply hadles well just doesn't cut it. The classics speak to me, the newer cars almost disgust me.

I think that they should just replace the full range. Sadly, that will never happen. When I look at modern British cars, I have to look to kit-cars to find something that is technically impressive, cost-effective, and inspiring.

The times have changed

Oh, and by the way, I love a good V8. I just don't love a V8 Lotus.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 02-07-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Oh, and by the way, I love a good V8. I just don't love a V8 Lotus.
    If they did it right, I wouldn't mind a V-8. However, add another 4 cylinder car and it gets a bit unclear. They should differentiate it a bit, hence the V-8. The spy pics look promising though.

According to http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...t-ar26807.html

The car will be released in 2009.

The new Esprit will use a 4.8 liter V8 with 367hp, provided by BMW. The top speed of this future top model will be around 180mph (or 290 km/h). The price will be around the 140,000$.

The Esprit will use advanced materials like aluminium and carbon fibre to provide a total mass of around 1200kg.

According to http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/...-lotus-esprit/

The carwill be released in 2010.

It has been officially confirmed by Lotus that the new Esprit will not only become available as a coupe, but, for the first time, as a convertible/roadster, too.

Pricing is expected around $130,000 — undercutting the Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight

The new Esprit will use a 4.8 liter V8 with 367hp, provided by BMW. The top speed of this future top model will be around 180mph (or 290 km/h). The price will be around the 140,000$.

The Esprit will use advanced materials like aluminium and carbon fibre to provide a total mass of around 1200kg.

It has been officially confirmed by Lotus that the new Esprit will not only become available as a coupe, but, for the first time, as a convertible/roadster, too.

Pricing is expected around $130,000 — undercutting the Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo.
    That pic looks like the bastard love-child of a Gallardo and a Noble M15. I'd love it if they could go for some old school style pop-up headlights, just to give it something a bit different to the multitude of other performance coupes out there. But that ain't going to happen sadly.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight

If those estimates turn out to be true they make a Porsche 911 look like a bargain and a Maserati Gransport like a very enticing proposition.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

LS7 FTW!!! [/slicks]
    but seriously, BMW v8 with 367 horses? Or LS7 with 500 horses? I don't know how the masses compare but seeing as the LS7 is relatively light and compact engine (for a v8) that would be an interesting car to drive.

The LS7 wouldn't sell well in Europe due to fuel consumption.

And it doesn't fit well with the Lotus brand image.

But it's a great engine
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

The BMW V8 is hardly frugal, an LS7 is economic for an engine of its size...
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

I'd rather see it with a RST or PowerTec 3 litre V8 if that the engine type they want - much lighter and more suited to the image
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

That mule's rear screams F355/355 F1.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I'd love it if they could go for some old school style pop-up headlights,
    Not possible because of the new EU pedestrian safety regs.
    Pop-ups are gone forever
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Pop-ups are gone forever
    That's sad. With the pedestrian regulations the EU has ruined most of the new cars styling...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Pop-ups are gone forever
    what about sliding covers like the xj220? same styling as pop-ups when shut, but no aerodynamic/safety compromises
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    what about sliding covers like the xj220? same styling as pop-ups when shut, but no aerodynamic/safety compromises
    The problem is anything sticking up fails the pedestrian requirements.
    Openings and pop-downs are OK afaik BUT are a pain to keep clean and screw the aero as much as pop-ups
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Are pedestrians in the EU really stupid or something? Or do EU drivers not get the whole stopping at pedestrian crossings idea?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information