Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to say to a cop?

What to say to a cop?

Everytime i have gotten pulled over i have recieved at least one ticket. i have friends that say they get pulled over all the time and never get a ticket. So whats some good and actually practical things to say to a cop to help my chances of not actually getting a ticket?
    just waiting for my right-hand drive BMW M3 GTR. yes in the states.

I'm sorry? Possibly: It won't happen again.

Otherwise just don't do anything illegal...

do NOT say "i just had sex with your 15 year old daughter"
    just a heads up.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    do NOT say "i just had sex with your 15 year old daughter"
    just a heads up.
    is that from personal experience?
    just waiting for my right-hand drive BMW M3 GTR. yes in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Rybitron
    is that from personal experience?
    I don't think it would be wise for him to answer, unless his answer is no. That's got to be illegal.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Rybitron, I suggest you say to the cop: "You know, You pulled me over, but Ben Franklin here thinks that was a mistake, don't you Ben Franklin?" Then pull out a $100 and imitate Ben Franklin's voice as best you can '"Yes, yes he did officer - let him go." Then hand the $100 to the cop. See what happens. I don't guarantee that it works, but I do guarantee hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    Rybitron, I suggest you say to the cop: "You know, You pulled me over, but Ben Franklin here thinks that was a mistake, don't you Ben Franklin?" Then pull out a $100 and imitate Ben Franklin's voice as best you can '"Yes, yes he did officer - let him go." Then hand the $100 to the cop. See what happens. I don't guarantee that it works, but I do guarantee hilarity.
    I guarantee that will get the cuffs out.

Just don't be a tool toward the cop, hes just doing his job.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Stay cool and do what he wants seems like the best option to me.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

yea unless ur a girl and can bribe him with other things
    No Me Gusta Tu Coche

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    I thought that not parting with a large sum of your money was the original reason behind staying out of a ticket in the first place.

Here's a good tip. Stop speeding. It works every time.

Tell him that you don't make a habit of driving like that, that you are a law-abiding citizen, that you always come to a complete stop at stop signs and even communicate with other motorists with polite gestures about your intentions, you get the message; lie your @55 off.

Really though, it's best to totally agree with the officer (about speeding being dangerous) and that you shouldn't have been going that fast; then ask if what you were doing really dangerous as the traffic is very light. Hopefully, he'll let you off with a warning. This very line worked for me once.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Don't be in idiot. For once on this bored i am going to make a serious post.

When i got pulled over, the cop asked me how fast i thought i was going. I told him i had no idea, and said 60 mph. he goes "actually 61". I go ok sorry. He then asked for i.d. proof of insurance etc. Got it to him. Went back to the Squad Car, no doubt checking to see if i had any priors, mip's, dui's etc. came back and told me to have a nice night.

The mentallity i had the whole time was, okay, im getting a ticket, so no point in trying to talk him out of it. So, i just told the truth, sometimes not bieng a pain in the ass can get you somewhere. Besides im sure he had a bunch of shit that was way more important then giving some college kid a ticket. Just be honest, and don't try to hassle them. If you've ever had a job in your life, I know you hate it when people start breaking your balls for stupid, shit, that YOU know you can't change. So why try it with them?

Hopefully you get the point now.

The most important thing is to play stupid, meaning, never admit to the wrongdoing.

For example, I was delivering food/pizza back a few months ago, and on my way back to the store I was stuck at a long red light at this hill, and there was no car in sight, so I made an illegal right turn on red (there was a sign that said no turn on red). Sure enough, right as I turned the cop was about 75 feet away, so he made a U-turn and pulled me over. When he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said "No, I'm sorry", so he told me I made the illegal turn on red. I apologetically told him I didn't see the sign and wouldn't have made the turn if I knew it was there.

Eventually, he got my license/insurance/reg, went to his car.. then he asked if I was in college and whatever and just said 'watch the signs' and let me go.

Long story short, don't admit to the wrong doing, be courteous/apologetic, and play stupid.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The most important thing is to play stupid, meaning, never admit to the wrongdoing.

For example, I was delivering food/pizza back a few months ago, and on my way back to the store I was stuck at a long red light at this hill, and there was no car in sight, so I made an illegal right turn on red (there was a sign that said no turn on red). Sure enough, right as I turned the cop was about 75 feet away, so he made a U-turn and pulled me over. When he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said "No, I'm sorry", so he told me I made the illegal turn on red. I apologetically told him I didn't see the sign and wouldn't have made the turn if I knew it was there.

Eventually, he got my license/insurance/reg, went to his car.. then he asked if I was in college and whatever and just said 'watch the signs' and let me go.

Long story short, don't admit to the wrong doing, be courteous/apologetic, and play stupid.
    Ever told that to a speed camera ?

First time i got pulled over was last week. I accidentally drove through red light, around sunrise. The sun was blocking my view, and i thought i had run through orange. Guess what ? 200 metres later i see a red "stop, police" sign in my mirror. I acted most polite, but he still fined me. He did say though that I was quite kind and thanked me for not swearing and "taking it like a man". I have lost 1 out of 3 points on my license and got a 80 euro ticket Only two points left for another 3 years of driving.

the most important thing is to cry.

Seriously. Have you ever seen a grown man cry? How uncomfortable is it? Cry about your missus leaving you, your jobs on the line and you're running late, hurt your hip playing footy and now a ticket, im serious, cry if you can but do it convincingly.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information