Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to say to a cop?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    the most important thing is to cry.

Seriously. Have you ever seen a grown man cry? How uncomfortable is it? Cry about your missus leaving you, your jobs on the line and you're running late, hurt your hip playing footy and now a ticket, im serious, cry if you can but do it convincingly.
    Please tell me you haven't done that
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

'Can I turn the siren on officer, and beep the horn?'
    ' For the tenacious, no road is impassable '.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The most important thing is to play stupid, meaning, never admit to the wrongdoing.

For example, I was delivering food/pizza back a few months ago, and on my way back to the store I was stuck at a long red light at this hill, and there was no car in sight, so I made an illegal right turn on red (there was a sign that said no turn on red). Sure enough, right as I turned the cop was about 75 feet away, so he made a U-turn and pulled me over. When he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said "No, I'm sorry", so he told me I made the illegal turn on red. I apologetically told him I didn't see the sign and wouldn't have made the turn if I knew it was there.

Eventually, he got my license/insurance/reg, went to his car.. then he asked if I was in college and whatever and just said 'watch the signs' and let me go.

Long story short, don't admit to the wrong doing, be courteous/apologetic, and play stupid.
    A very very similar thing happened to me with the same result about a pair of months ago.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

No joke a bloke I know got so pissed he dropped a grogan right in the back seat of the police car

You can bet this spoke to the arresting coppers in a special language all its own. And yeah the bulls did him over good and proper

kick his ass

^ well not until they'd worked him over with the watchhouse fire hose ..

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    the most important thing is to cry.

Seriously. Have you ever seen a grown man cry? How uncomfortable is it? Cry about your missus leaving you, your jobs on the line and you're running late, hurt your hip playing footy and now a ticket, im serious, cry if you can but do it convincingly.
    I bet that works sooooo good. I'll give that hint to my dad...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The most important thing is to play stupid, meaning, never admit to the wrongdoing.

For example, I was delivering food/pizza back a few months ago, and on my way back to the store I was stuck at a long red light at this hill, and there was no car in sight, so I made an illegal right turn on red (there was a sign that said no turn on red). Sure enough, right as I turned the cop was about 75 feet away, so he made a U-turn and pulled me over. When he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said "No, I'm sorry", so he told me I made the illegal turn on red. I apologetically told him I didn't see the sign and wouldn't have made the turn if I knew it was there.

Eventually, he got my license/insurance/reg, went to his car.. then he asked if I was in college and whatever and just said 'watch the signs' and let me go.

Long story short, don't admit to the wrong doing, be courteous/apologetic, and play stupid.
    You should have just said the toxic waste fumes had gotten in your eyes burning them severely and you had to hurry home to rinse them out before you went blind.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

"My license is in my pocket, can you just hold my beer?"
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Ever told that to a speed camera ?

First time i got pulled over was last week. I accidentally drove through red light, around sunrise. The sun was blocking my view, and i thought i had run through orange. Guess what ? 200 metres later i see a red "stop, police" sign in my mirror. I acted most polite, but he still fined me. He did say though that I was quite kind and thanked me for not swearing and "taking it like a man". I have lost 1 out of 3 points on my license and got a 80 euro ticket Only two points left for another 3 years of driving.
    There are no speed cameras in my area.

Obviously, you can't always get away with it, but by not admitting to it you at least have a chance.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

"You know I applied to be a cop. But when I was able to write my mother and father's name on the form they said I coudln't join"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've been yanked by the po-po 4 times. Two tickets, let go the other two. It's really a crap shoot as to what's going to happen.

I usually pull the keys out of the ignition and lay them on the dash, hands on the wheel, hat and shades off, always tell them I'm going to do something before I do it ("My insurance and registration are in the glovebox, can I get them?" My ass isn't getting shot over a few pieces of paper...). Showing some respect goes a long way.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'd say show them you are responsible, sensible and your fault was purely an error, you didn't intend to do the fault. Of course this won't help if you are way over the limit or shot by a camera.

If you are really speeding, you would know that speed costs, and as such, be willing to face the consecuences of your acts.
    Last edited by magracer; 02-09-2007 at 08:30 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

if the cop says to you he has been waiting all day to catch someone like you speeding, just tell him you got there as fast as you could...

i have gotten out of more speeding tickets than i can count.

my recommendations are to have your license and registration out before he gets to the car. call him sir, and be as respectful as possible. do not complain, argue, deny you did anything wrong. if he askes if you know why you were pulled over, then say i may have been going a bit fast, but i thought i was within the limit.

also a big help, is to slide your military ID under your license. if they aren;t already just going to give you a warning, then that may put them over the edge, and even get a "thank you for your service sir" when they are letting you go. happens to me regularly.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information