Thread: Better tire choice for Ferrari 360

Better tire choice for Ferrari 360

Based on my background knowledge, Ferrari 360's came from the factory with Pirelli tires. But about half of the Ferrari 360's I've seen up close(I've seen quite a few, in pictures and in person) also have Michelin or Bridgestone tires. Based on your knowledge, if you had literally any (street-legal) version of the Ferrari 360 what tires would you put on? Pirelli, Michelin, or Bridgestone? Sorry its kind of hard to make tires interesting but I wanted to see what you guys reckoned was the best tire choice for a Ferrari 360.
    Last edited by carsnut; 02-07-2007 at 11:15 PM.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Pirelli P Zero's are well known for having amazing grip both in wet and dry conditions. Goodyear's GSD 3's are relatively new to the market, but all the reviews I've read about them are top notch, excelent grip in all conditions and a surprisingly long tread life for a high performance tyre. Those would be my two chioces.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I didn't even have to think for more than 2 seconds.

Michelin Pilot Sport 2's.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

retreads.

seriously, pirelli's, because they seem to be awesome and i don't really know any better - they're still the benchmark for me.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Why only those three? What about almost-slicks like the Advan A048 or the Hoosier R6?

Semi-slicks arent really a streetable tyre though. Great for a track day, yeah, but first puddle you find and you better hope youve got good reflexes.

I'd probably stick with the Pirelli's, seeing as they were what it came with stock. That being said, if i had a 360, i'd probably have enough money to find out which of the trio were the fastest through countless wet/dry laps around a circuit.
    I am the Stig

I'd stick with the Pirellis. We have recently changed the tyres in the Mini to Pirellis and so far they are very good, I'd say better than the previous Dunlops.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    Why only those three? What about almost-slicks like the Advan A048 or the Hoosier R6?
    Because, its the only 3 tires they offer from factory? Not sure, but most Ferraris these days run on Pirellis, Bridgestones, or Michelins. Or probably most of them, anyway.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Thread Information