Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Gallardo alternatives!

Quote Originally Posted by adperrak
    Absolutely irrelevant point! You cannot persuade me that the esprit is a similar car to the Gallardo. Sorry mate!
    Well to me it is, if I wanted a mid engined sportscar the Lotus is still a compelling option and certainly much more special than the rather mainstream Gallardo. But if you wanted the usual answers...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thought the Ford GT might be worth mentioning, but if i were in the market for that kind of car I would pick a 430 hands down.

Slightly used Ferrari 575s and Diablos would be close to the same price range. Possibly even a 02 or 03 Murcielago

The R8 is a Gallardo substitute not a Gallardo alternative
    The Viper is nice but I will agree with the different target group argument.
    The F430, yes that's an alternative... however it is more expensive for no particular reason... and some may argue less reliable!
    The Gallardo costs US$175,000 (wikipedia), whereas, based on "Edmunds.com", the MSRP for an F1 style Ferrari F430 is $178,906. So they are pretty even, with the Gallardo a tad more expensive if you add the e-gear option.

As far as the R8 is concerned, it is an alternative, as it is a GT not a less powerful sport-focused car (then it would be a substitute). In the same way that a DB9 is a competitor to the Gallardo.

Another competitor is the Ford GT.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Absolutely irrelevant point! You cannot persuade me that the esprit is a similar car to the Gallardo. Sorry mate!
    The Esprit is not in production anymore. The one that will be sold in 2-3 years will be a competitor to the Gallardo. However it will probably be a more race-focused type of sports car.

The fact that the one car has reliability issues, is irrelevant to the fact that both cars were aimed at the same market segment.

The Mercedes SLK and The BMW Z4 are aimed at the same segment, however the SLK had problems with its roof mechanism. Does that stops them being competitors? Don't think so

It depends a bit on where you're living, but from the top of my head:
    All Ferrari's, All Maserati's, All Aston Martin's, TVR's, Spyker's, Porsche's, Corvette C6 & Z06, Viper, Ford GT even the Audi R8. I'd throw in all AMG's, M's and RS's as well. Anything is a better alternative.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Panoz Esperante

"An Esperante managed to win the GT2 class at the 2006 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is usually dominated by Porsche 911 GT3. The best of the 911s led until the final hour but ran into trouble, finishing one lap behind the Panoz, with a Ferrari F430 ten laps down. Other competitors in that class were two Spyker C8s which showed promising performance, but did not finish. This success is a remarkable one for the road-going version of Panoz."

Last edited by digitalcraft; 02-08-2007 at 04:34 PM.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Here we are. The Ferrari 360CS. Usually costs slightly more, but is quite a bit faster . I found a 2004 Ferrari 360CS going for $170,000 with 19' HRE wheels and the radio and leather seats option. It has done 6527 Miles. Now the other listing: A 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo with E-Gear with Navigation System. It has only done 3203 miles but it costs just $145,888. That is about at $25000 difference. Though remember, the 360 being listed is the Challenge Stradale. It shows 360's don't really suffer as much from depreciation as the Gallardo is. Though, the 360 Modena may be an exception to the above statement. BTW the car below was not the car being listed, though it is similar.

FYI the 360CS was Black/Black. The Gallardo was Medium Blue/Blue and Tan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    It shows 360's don't really suffer as much from depreciation as the Gallardo is.
    You are referring to the CS.

A safer comparison would be the normal Modena vs the Gallardo, since the CS was a limited edition, so it's normal to be priced higher

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    You are referring to the CS.

A safer comparison would be the normal Modena vs the Gallardo, since the CS was a limited edition, so it's normal to be priced higher
    True, though it is so much faster for $25000 more. (referring to the Challenge Stradale )

Though, the 360 Modena may be an exception to the above statement.
    I metioned the 360 Modena was an exception (I can't find the orginal retail price, some help here??), though a 2004 Ferrari 360 Modena usually goes for $125,000 or so these days. Compared to that $145,888 Gallardo, its a $20,888 difference, though the 360 Spider and the 360CS go for alot more than a 360 Modena does.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Audi R8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Audi R8
    Lamborghini for people that can't afford a Lamborghini?

Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Lamborghini for people that can't afford a Lamborghini?

In a nutshell, yes. And apparently it's as good to drive, if not better than a Porsche 911, it's a winner all round!

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    In a nutshell, yes. And apparently it's as good to drive, if not better than a Porsche 911, it's a winner all round!
    Except that it's completely souless. And the fact that the RS4 costs a whopping £26,000 less.

Alfa Romeo 8C all the way.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's not completely soul less but more soul less in comparison to the 8C, I've been reading about it in this months EVO and I have to say it's a fantastic looking car but then again, it was designed by a German...

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information