Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Gallardo alternatives!

Quote Originally Posted by wanker rotary View Post
    A porsche is relitively bland and slow
    which porsche are you referring to? the latest turbo is significantly faster than the f430...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yes, the turbo. That isn't a car, it is a showcase of technology. And although it is just as fast linearly, it isn't as fast as a gallardo or F430 in the bends. But perhaps porsche have tampered with the laws of physics again, making a seemingly idiotic engine position seem brilliant again. And the porsche turbo is still a porsche, so it comes with the porsche mystique. Which isn't good.

.....is the only reasonable alternative. A porsche is relitively bland and slow, and god everybody will think you're a stock broker with five wives and a house in Malibu. A DB9 is all clincal and cool, but isn't properly fast, and lacks the idocacy or contradictivness of a supercar (not crazy enough) and the battery is.... british electrics. A The F430 is quintsentially better than a gallardo, as it is the better drivers car. Scratch that the best drivers car today. Not the most direct driving experience, becuase of all the electronic gizmos, but in the words of Jeremy Clarkson "but my God it works." I can't think of a single car I'd rather drive down a winding road in the south of france.
    Having a F430, everyone will think you're a very successful stock broker, and that you had 10 wives with 20 supermodel girl friends, and you already had a slow and bland Porsche which you generally drove out to trick people into thinking you're only half as pervert as you actually are; and of course it also shows that you had an Aston Martin, which is clinical and cool but due it wasn't fast enough, and the battery is British (@#@$%%??? ) so of course you wouldn't want people to think you reverse your car using a button ont he dash, and hence by the words of Jeremy Clarkson "but my god it works"; you are now having a F430 that you thought driving down the south of France will be cool, as seen on TV.

Get the Gallardo and shut up thread starter
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Having a F430, everyone will think you're a very successful stock broker, and that you had 10 wives with 20 supermodel girl friends, and you already had a slow and bland Porsche which you generally drove out to trick people into thinking you're only half as pervert as you actually are; and of course it also shows that you had an Aston Martin, which is clinical and cool but due it wasn't fast enough, and the battery is British (@#@$%%??? ) so of course you wouldn't want people to think you reverse your car using a button ont he dash, and hence by the words of Jeremy Clarkson "but my god it works"; you are now having a F430 that you thought driving down the south of France will be cool, as seen on TV.

Get the Gallardo and shut up thread starter
    Holy moley, the forums alive! Just wondering, why would you actually want a gallardo? A murcielago is a supercar, the gallardo isn't really bang on. Its like a german italian supercar, with 4wd. That kills it for me, especially as the gallardo doesn't look crazy enough to be a supercar. To short, to simple, to concise. Oh yeah, if you've ever read a review on a DB9, you'll know about the battery. And about the porsche image comment, sorry, wasn't thinking. If you own an upscale sports car, everybody thinks your a dick, no matter what car. Just if you own a porsche, you will most probably be more insecure, and buy sunglasses from Dole and Gabbana, as well as where a baseball hat with a ferrari sticker on it.

And although it is just as fast linearly
    no, as i said, it's faster. The guys over at Fchat had a race on the (then ) unrestricted roads up north, between M5's, an F430 and a 997 turbo. THe f430 left the M5's for dead, then in turn was beaten by a considerable margin by the 997.
    iirc several magazines had the 0-60mph time down to 3.6 sec..

Yes But perhaps porsche have tampered with the laws of physics again, making a seemingly idiotic engine position seem brilliant again. And the porsche turbo is still a porsche, so it comes with the porsche mystique. Which isn't good.
    this may be the case, i haven't driven a 997 turbo personally so i have little idea on it's handling but i have to ask if you have ever driven a porsche? if there's one thing that puts me off the turbo, it's the toneless exhaust note...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think there needs to be some kind of vote. I am a big Porsche fan, but having said that the RR ssetup is simply stupid. I would opt for the F430 over the 997 turbo or the Gallardo - IF I had that kind of money, which I never will.

Audi R8, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Audi R8, nuff said.
    Me too!

Corvette z06 is the way to go better performace than the Gallardo plus looks better so dont waste the money on the Gallardo

Corvette z06 performance HP 505, 0-60 3.7, Top speed 198

Gallardo performance HP 520, 0-60 4.0, Top speed 196

[EDIT: Merged posts]

Or if you do have the money the ferrari f430 would be a better choice, Or for the most Bang for your buck Get the ford gt. even a viper srt-10 coupe has better looks than a gallardo
    Last edited by Rockefella; 03-14-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think there needs to be some kind of vote. I am a big Porsche fan, but having said that the RR ssetup is simply stupid. I would opt for the F430 over the 997 turbo or the Gallardo - IF I had that kind of money, which I never will.
    I agree the Ferrari F430 is better than the porsche 997 or the gallardo

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle_man993 View Post
    Corvette z06 is the way to go better performace than the Gallardo plus looks better so dont waste the money on the Gallardo

Or if you do have the money the ferrari f430 would be a better choice, Or for the most Bang for your buck Get the ford gt. even a viper srt-10 coupe has better looks than a gallardo

Louis Vuittons are not worthed because they hold fewer stuffs than my Esprit.
    Bally wasn't as comfort as my Bata.

I agree the Ferrari F430 is better than the porsche 997 or the gallardo

I agree humans evolved from elephants which i don't think i should explain or elaborate further.

I agree, go Z06 those things are mean as hell and wipe the floor with most Euro sportscars. As for gts and SRT-10s, yea they are cool but Corvette still especialy with the new "SS" and the lingenfelter twin turbo vettes.

Ford GT
    DB9
    Vanquish
    F430
    Bentley Continental GT
    If you are considering the Viper/Z06 buy it and use some of the left over money to modify it and the looks you will get when you blow the doors off the lambo/other exotic you were going to buy will be priceless. They will go home sit and the couch and think....but its just not possible
    Last edited by Viper007; 03-14-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    Ford GT
    DB9
    Vanquish
    F430
    Bentley Continental GT
    If you are considering the Viper/Z06 buy it and use some of the left over money to modify it and the looks you will get when you blow the doors off the lambo/other exotic you were going to buy will be priceless. They will go home sit and the couch and think....but its just not possible
    Not to big a fan of the DB9 or Vanquish, but the F430 is always good and that Continental GT looks nice. As for the Z06 route, the lingenfelter TT corvette is around $85-90k+base Z51 and has 725 hp/730 tq. It probably doesnt need any mods to smoke up a Euro car...its just too bad only 25 will be sold haha

Thread Information