Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: All Wheel drive better than Rear wheel

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    without active electronic devices (like active yaw control for example) do electronics have the ability to make the car handle better?, i heard they couldn't. If they are passive they cant transform a cars handling. etc./stability is more for safety and monitoring the car on the edge, therefore making you go faster in a keep yourself out the ditch/comfidence sense but not moving the carts limit of handling further..just a thought
    When I said that I wasn't thinking of handling, but rather of safety.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    What's the title of the book ? It sounds interesting enough to have a dig at the University library
    Forgot about it, sorry for delay.....

"The 4-wheel drives - Racing's Formula for Failure?" By Alan Henry
    SBN 333 17289 2
    1975 Macmillan London Ltd

If you could find any pictures of the exact way the did it...For example,the one picture of the Fergusons's interior. Or perhaps from the bottom. As technical and detailed as you guys can get !! Pretty interesting stuff to be honest
    this do ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Forgot about it, sorry for delay.....

"The 4-wheel drives - Racing's Formula for Failure?" By Alan Henry
    SBN 333 17289 2
    1975 Macmillan London Ltd

this do ?
    Thanks mate. I wouldnt have figured they'd put the engine in an angle !

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    220.5 pounds, to be a little more precise.
    Notice the "about".

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And with modern traction control and stability program systems 4WD options of RWD are pointless in my opinion.
    By saying that you mean the 4WD systems like the Skyline are not worth the extra weight penalty right? You do have a point there, but there's still no replacement for 4WD in low traction conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    By saying that you mean the 4WD systems like the Skyline are not worth the extra weight penalty right? You do have a point there, but there's still no replacement for 4WD in low traction conditions.
    Yes but in the real world I don't think that matters much. If it rains just drive carefully, and when you want to drive I prefer to enjoy it rather than go insanely fast.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes but in the real world I don't think that matters much. If it rains just drive carefully, and when you want to drive I prefer to enjoy it rather than go insanely fast.
    that means a lot to me too. a very good point
    autozine.org

So then driving a Subaru Impreza STI or Lancer Evolution is dull?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    So then driving a Subaru Impreza STI or Lancer Evolution is dull?
    I don't have any interest in them. Bad example, I know, but in terms of the driving experience I'd rather be driving a BMW 330i than any of those two.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    agreed and welcome to UCP.
    Thanks, I like the site. I was just in and around Edinburgh the beginning of Feb. on honeymoon. We loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    without active electronic devices (like active yaw control for example) do electronics have the ability to make the car handle better?, i heard they couldn't. If they are passive they cant transform a cars handling. etc./stability is more for safety and monitoring the car on the edge, therefore making you go faster in a keep yourself out the ditch/comfidence sense but not moving the carts limit of handling further..just a thought
    Can electronics help a car handle better in ideal conditions (dry, flat pavement)? not much. They might have some advantage in being able to actively adjust stiffness of anti-roll bars allowing different weight transfer in different situations, making the car more or less likely to oversteer. Under ideal driving conditions electronics could potientially help in the transient portions of a track (like the transitions in s-curves). No electronics are going to increase the maximum lateral g-level of a car.

They are best utilized in non-ideal conditions, like going over choppy pavement, or gravel, etc. And, seeing as racing all portions of a road or track is rarely ideal they do have potiential to get a vehicle around a track faster. Does this really happen? At high level racing I think it does. Rally uses electronic controls (I think) and F1 uses traction control. They won't use something they don't think can make them faster.

I don't have any interest in them. Bad example, I know, but in terms of the driving experience I'd rather be driving a BMW 330i than any of those two.
    I see. I'll have to get back to you on that one, because I don't even drive.

Yet at least.

Thread Information