Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best "Everyday" Car

Best "Everyday" Car

What do u think is the best car for everyday driving and state your reasons y.

Mine is the only car i no (Im on my L's), a 2003 V6 Toyata Camery Ateva. It has a comfortable ride, pleanty of power, decent fuel economy, a huge boot and can carry 5 people easily. Also, if i owned the car, parts are readily available.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Not driven one but judging by the copy written about it I'd say a Golf GTI.

Spacious, comfortable, stylish, quick, responsive. Seems to have all the bases covered.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Any of the European hatchbacks, for example Opel Astra,Ford Focus,VW Golf and Citroen C4. (I forget Peugeot on purpose).

Get the diesel versions if you drive longer stretches and if possible with a CVT.

What could one wish for more ? They have enough room, are sort of comfortable, stylish and get along real well.

Of the cars I have driven more regularly I still think the best is the Mini. Yes it has flaws, but its advantages outweight its disadvantages compared to the other cars I've driven (an Audi A6 3.2 Quattro Tiptronic and a Renault Megane Scenic 1.6e Mk I), in my opinion.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Any of the European hatchbacks, for example Opel Astra,Ford Focus,VW Golf and Citroen C4. (I forget Peugeot on purpose).

The Astra is a horrible car. I had one for a company hire car once and the seats were terrible, the controls unintuitive and the engine very lacklustre.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Lately the Corolla's been getting close, and sometimes outselling the Commodore locally. Theyre nothing special dynamically, but for the most part theyre cheap and reliable. Cant get much more "everyday" than that IMO.
    I am the Stig

I think the best everyday cars are mostly Asian cars such as the Toyota Corolla, Honda Jazz, Suzuki Swift and Mitsubishi Colt. Those cars are reliable, relatively cheap and they are decent looking cars. I think Asian cars (especially Japanese cars) are much better looking than most people say they are.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Mazda3 or Mazda6 if you need more room.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Depends on what my career is. As of right now, probably a Golf GTI, but if I was older and making more money, a Mercedes S550/600.

i think accord is pretty good too,sporty look,comfortable,good fuel economy,good resell value and more fun to drive than camry IMO

There was a comparison of "everyday heros" done by C/D awhile back, I believe the Jetta GLI won...

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    The Astra is a horrible car. I had one for a company hire car once and the seats were terrible, the controls unintuitive and the engine very lacklustre.
    You've just said the opposite to everone else I've spoken to about the Astra. Which model are we talking about though? Concluding from one car that the whole range is horrible is like announcing that heterosexual sex is crap after your first time because you didn't know what to do.

My family's had loads of Astras over the years and we've not a bad word to say about them. I find them far more stylish and attractive than the automotive blandness that is the new Focus, especially the Mk5, which I think gives the Golf a bloody nose.

Vauxhall have just upped the ante in the engine range too...the 1.6 now has VVT and 115ps, and I think the 1.8 is going to follow suit with 140ps (the same unit as the Vectra).
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

I am with Rockefella on this one...

Brabus tuned Mecedes S600... 730HP...
    0-62mph in 4s and 0-125mph in 11.9s
    really really good interior for 5
    Massive boot.

perfect "everyday" car.

Reasons: pretty obvious but a short list.

ride quality fit for kings.
    very roomy.
    great lugging capacity
    Ability to fatally cripple the egos of everyone else on the road (except for those in Veyrons)
    Can be driven with lowish fuel consumption (but why?)
    looks that coud kill (and probably will if given half a chance)
    Last edited by hightower99; 03-13-2007 at 04:09 AM.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Holden VP Commodore. V6 Auto 4 speed.
    Ford EL Falcon. I6 Auto 4 Speed.

Both carry 5 adults, And both get 500km to a tank with 5 adults.
    Good reliability, Easy parts access and upgradable, Never a place in Oz that wouldn't know something about one of them.
    Plus there cheap to buy and hammer like hell.
    Boot Sizes carry 2.5 Clutch_Monkeys
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

ya'll are probably gonna jump down my throat for this one but i think my suburban is the best every day car i have ever owned (i used to have a silverado, a sierra, and an accord). the suburban's gas mileage isn't great but its not as bad as many make it out to be, also the gas tank is HUUUUGGEE so i dont have to fill up often and i do a lot of long distance driving so its great. also it is rediculously comfortable, has plenty of power (great for towing) and commands the road not to mention its comfortable to sleep in when necessary, and its good looking.

also, it has tons of interior room which is great for hauling my buddies when we all wanna go to lunch, or to the bars. its also very nice because when i had a pickup me and my friends usually took 2-3 trucks hunting between 4-5 people (and 4-6 dogs) but now with the subub we just take one vehicle and we are much more comfortable.

while its not the best vehicle for some people, it suits my lifestyle perfectly.

it would take me 2 camry's to haul all the people i can in the suburban, and probably add another 2 when you put the gear in and then add another 4 for towing purposes and then i would be even with the suburban but i wouldn't be as comfortable.

Thread Information