Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F*%&^*$#*ing Roos Part Deux

F*%&^*$#*ing Roos Part Deux

Well This sucks.

Driving home from a night out in Civic last night at 2:30am, crusing legally along Yamba Drive in Woden. I pull slowly up the hill, Claudia chugging along at her usual tick-tick-tick pace. Suddenly i see two Kangaroo's - one in each lane (pre-planned?) blocking my path. I knew we were going to hit at least one of them.

I brake - heavily. Claudia skids. I reach for the High Beams and the horn - blasting seems to have woken them up from their zombie like state. Kangaroo in left lane bounds off to side of road. Kangaroo in right lane is a little bit slower......We connect.

Fortunately for us she goes under the front bumper. there is a god-awful thud and my back-seat passenger - mildly intoxicated - starts screaming. I just freeze.

Skippy hasn't gone under the car - and just sort of shakes it off. she bounds off across the other two lanes of road and into the bush. we see her fall. but she gets back up. she's fine.

Claudia, on the other hand, has suffered at the hands of skippy. Total damage bill is a fairly minor $300. i don't think i've stopped shaking.

heres some pictures of the damage - the last picture is my Kidney grille - it shattered in the impact. the headlight still works but the bulb has been shifted - so it aims much higher.

so, i repeat, F*^($&^(#)ing KANGAROOS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i tell you, kangaroos are waging war on cars and trying totake the roads off us.
    good to hear you're intact and damage is relatively minor.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Damn Skippy. Kangaroo should have took steriods. It could have moved out of the way faster.

$300 damage... and the kangaroo wont pay a cent!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

I'm planning to fashion some sort of chicken-wire covering for the Fan. god knows i don't want that thing to shatter - or suck in small children.

last two kangaroo's that ran into me had to be put down with a crowbar and a shotgun, respectively.
    if you break their legs in the collision, you'd better not leave them as is.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

You know what it is, If you were driving a Australian built car the roo would have moved aside and given you more respect, It see's a overseas car and says he eats me they all eat me.

Your very lucky it didn't come up into the window or bust your radiator shit glad your safe but., And what a shame you didn't have one of clutches love machines cause then you could have busted a cap in him.

The Kangaroo bounded away before i could kill her. i totally felt like it, mind.

and the next car - a Falcon taxi, no less - had to swerve to miss the second one. methinks they were related because when the victim bounded right the other one followed him.

believe me, they don't move.

There pretty hard to kill to they are a thick skinned bugger.
    Lucky your safe and they didn't **** the car up to bad.

The car's still driveable - the headlight will defect me should i drive at night.

It's not so much me i was worried about - i had two inebriated girls in the car at the time. i don't think one of them has stopped crying.

Well if you need help sticking it back together i have many hours of this type of experience Tape hammer socket set screw drivers foot elbow bum

Nah - i've got the professionals on it. a minor tap here and there, a new grille and headlight, and i'm set.

I'm rather annoyed actually. i didn't even get any roo on my car......

Bad news

But if you do end up getting out of this roo strike for only $300 you're doing better than most

Professional! They charge to much i'm the real deal

Next time your out and you see a roo limping grab the gun and yell you! Bang bang then he will be roo ted.

Too True $300 isn't that bad a get out of hitting a roo.... Speaking from experience..... They've got my vote for the dumbest animal on EARTH... and the most expensive to hit....

I'm extremely lucky to have gotten off so lightly. but it still shook me up.

Thread Information