Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: F*%&^*$#*ing Roos Part Deux

Roos seem to be serious problem, as deer can be. I was wondering, wouldn't it be worthwhile to have some kind of system that keeps animals away from main roads? Maybe a sonic system like ones to keep deer out.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Never knew letterheads could cause so much damage out on the roads!

Ohhh, you meant this thing...

That's a DEER.
    i was just testing you people.

Jeez. I hate animals for this reason. Small animals, rabbits, squirrels, birds. They're ok. Go bigger and then you have problems. The Canadians have moose and deer and so do we, the Arabians have camels, and you guys have kangaroos. The South Americans have alpaca.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind a kangaroo steak or something like that.

Good thing nothing much happened.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-09-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    See, that's not fair. They look so cute and fuzzy. But they're not very forgiving to crash into.

Why can't they have the same structural properties as marshmallows?
    That would be nice. Yeah, I have a phobia of two things while driving, besides my normal obsessively insane fear of a car crash of any kind.....police, and deer. It's actually quite amusing for my friends, when I'm driving and see a deer, I always start freaking out yelling obscenities at the deer in a rage like no other
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    How big is the average roo?
    Your average Eastern Grey is about 6ft tall. However, the Red Kanagroos that live in central Australia are f**king massive!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Your average Eastern Grey is about 6ft tall. However, the Red Kanagroos that live in central Australia are f**king massive!
    At least there aren't any moose They can reach 12ft In Newfoundland, I think

Good thing there's not many around here either

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Roos seem to be serious problem, as deer can be. I was wondering, wouldn't it be worthwhile to have some kind of system that keeps animals away from main roads? Maybe a sonic system like ones to keep deer out.
    The thing is, there's not really much you can do about the roos. Big new highways are fenced in such a way that they can't jump over easily, but they still do regularly, and they've been moving into urban areas more and more. You can buy devices called Roo-Shoos that are high pitched sonic devices to drive them away from your car. (But people always leave the damn things on in town when parked and I can freakin hear them)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Moose and camels are rather big animals too....

Heres the front end destroyer from Australia, a very stout animal

Speaking of roos, a mates mate lost his life just before the Christmas period, he was riding his road bike and hit a roo in the adelaide hills, they definetley are a menace

He will be sadly missed

http://www.iprasa.mx.com.au/news.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by charged; 02-09-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    yeah, the last one i hit was in a white VP commodore in january - thankfully only cracked the front bumper a bit and no damage to the radiator.
    Unfortunately it had broken it's legs and was hobbling by the side of the road trying to move
    We were at a loss as to how to put it out of it's misery - since, you know, i don't carry my lethal injection kit everywhere i go - until we remembered we had 9 guns packed deep in the boot. i think the most damage done in the whole incident was when the hammer on the little shotgun ripped the seat when david tried to pull it out of the rear seat cubby hole.
    Lucky it was a VP bumper then, They are heavily reinforced shame my accident mist it all

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Heres the front end destroyer from Australia, a very stout animal
    What the hell is that? A Tasmanian devil?

Either that or a wombat.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    In the US here, we have elk, deer, sometimes bear at night... and my mom hit a cow. Lucky she was driving a minivan. It jumped off a hillside right in front of her Previa.

The town I grew up in was a pretty small town, and the majority of people had hit an animal at least once in their life :P (Usually deer, they're _dumb_)

I never hit one, but one hit me. I saw one on the side of the road, and it was looking skittish, so I inched slowly past it, and it turned around and ran straight into the side of my car, shook it off and jumped down over the hillside.

I was like, "You bitch!"
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    The thing is, there's not really much you can do about the roos. Big new highways are fenced in such a way that they can't jump over easily, but they still do regularly, and they've been moving into urban areas more and more. You can buy devices called Roo-Shoos that are high pitched sonic devices to drive them away from your car. (But people always leave the damn things on in town when parked and I can freakin hear them)
    That would suck, to hear it. And if sonic devices are constantly sounding on roadways it could become very annoying for people as well. I can't believe that with all the technological advancements, we can't keep critters off the roads...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    In the US here, we have elk, deer, sometimes bear at night... and my mom hit a cow. Lucky she was driving a minivan. It jumped off a hillside right in front of her Previa.

The town I grew up in was a pretty small town, and the majority of people had hit an animal at least once in their life :P (Usually deer, they're _dumb_)

I never hit one, but one hit me. I saw one on the side of the road, and it was looking skittish, so I inched slowly past it, and it turned around and ran straight into the side of my car, shook it off and jumped down over the hillside.

I was like, "You bitch!"
    You sure it wasn't a buck that tried to ram you?

Shouldn't cows be fenced in? I'd be a bit worried if a cow was let loose roaming around.

Thread Information