Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: F*%&^*$#*ing Roos Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by clittle
    Too True $300 isn't that bad a get out of hitting a roo.... Speaking from experience..... They've got my vote for the dumbest animal on EARTH... and the most expensive to hit....
    I think the average repair cost is between $3-4k

Back around 2003 my wife and I managed to hit four roos between us in 18 months. Result? Two write-offs and two major repairs

Welcome to the forum mate

one of dad's workmates swerved to miss a kangaroo in Alice Springs. he severely broke hiis arm when the car rolled over. another person in the car died
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    The Kangaroo bounded away before i could kill her. i totally felt like it, mind.
    yeah, the last one i hit was in a white VP commodore in january - thankfully only cracked the front bumper a bit and no damage to the radiator.
    Unfortunately it had broken it's legs and was hobbling by the side of the road trying to move
    We were at a loss as to how to put it out of it's misery - since, you know, i don't carry my lethal injection kit everywhere i go - until we remembered we had 9 guns packed deep in the boot. i think the most damage done in the whole incident was when the hammer on the little shotgun ripped the seat when david tried to pull it out of the rear seat cubby hole.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think i'll repeat the sentiment, that you look to have been extremely lucky to get off the way you did. Needless to say, whatever damage was recieved is of course unwanted damage.
    I am the Stig

That sucks, I'd sue the roo for robbing you of the 3sum
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

one of dad's workmates swerved to miss a kangaroo in Alice Springs. he severely broke hiis arm when the car rolled over. another person in the car died
    When my wife emmigrated over from Europe I made sure to repeatedly impress on her the importance of NOT attempting the instinctual swerve when you encounter a roo on the highway. Thank goodness I did because within a few years she three times struck reasonably big roos at very high speed

Luckily those hits were in solid older and traditional-size local sedans with the bluff front, not small modern compacts with their typically downward-raking bonnet just ready to scoop a roo straight into and through the windshield

thats just how they were meant to be scooped up - most of those cars hit people in their home country. and god knows people are much less severely injured by glass then metal

Glad to hear you (and the roo) are ok.

I've only had 1 experience with one of the bastards. On a trip to Townsville, we're cuirsing along the Bruce Hwy at 100km/h. I look to the right and I see two kangaroos jumping alongside the road. I think, "oh, how pleasant". Then they jump INTO the car!

Don't know how they fared...just found some fur on the front right mudflap. Sounded like a pretty decent hit though.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Don't mess with those roos Good to hear you and the car are okay!

I've never had any experiences with kangaroos, but strangely a parot flew into my car whilst I was driving about 3 weeks ago. Yes, a parot.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

do you mean a Parrot?

a Parot is indeed a rare species. you should feel privelidged it chose your car to run into.

Whoa, nice... if you want, ship all the 'roos over here and I'll show them what it feels like to be ploughed into at 120km/h by a large semi do you think they'd just burst?

i think your puny semi trailers (one trailer, lol) would burst beforehand. Kangaroos are mostly Terminator. some flesh.

I was going to say unlucky ... but having read the posts from the rest of you I can only say WOW.... Didn't realise hits were that often.

I'd definitely NOT be buying a European spec car over there. I'd want something that WONT protect the 'roo and direct it on to the bonnet and screen.

Glad all are safe and damage isnt' too bad.
    Do 'roo hits badly affect your insurance rates ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It all depends really.

My BMW seemed to stand up well to the accident - although in the scheme of things it was just a tap. but yeah - having some good space between the kangaroo and you is a highly awesome thing.

do you mean a Parrot?

a Parot is indeed a rare species. you should feel privelidged it chose your car to run into.
    I can't spell parrot It didn't fly into my car, as in hit the outside. It flew into the car, as in, inside the car.

Edit: I had trouble wording that...
    Last edited by adrenaline; 02-09-2007 at 03:38 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information