Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No wonder Taco Bell smells funny...

Anyone who smells of sour milk just needs a bath.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    If you were offended by what I posted you need to lighten up. I'm sorry I forgot the (JOKE) tag, I was hoping that it was blatant enough to not need to be used
    You don't say where you're from, but lets try this. If your city has a "Mexican" part of town, get a bunch of people together and tell them before hand what you're about to say is joke and repeat what you posted here. Then come back and tell me how funny they found it.

I don't need to lighten up, you need to get some common sence.

I don't think it was country-ist, because well... it would be hard to take what I said seriously. If you feel really insulted though, you could post some bad stuff about the US, I won't mind.
    Post bad stuff about you?? To start off, two wrongs don't make a right. I pride myself of being one of the most open minded and tolerant people on UCP, that would go against my values.

Japanese people say we smell like sour milk. They don't eat nearly as much dairy as us so their nose is much more sensitive to it.
    So, it would be ok for you to walk around and say Japanese smell like fish because so much of their diet is made up of see food?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    You don't say where you're from, but lets try this. If your city has a "Mexican" part of town, get a bunch of people together and tell them before hand what you're about to say is joke and repeat what you posted here. Then come back and tell me how funny they found it.

Post bad stuff about you?? To start off, two wrongs don't make a right. I pride myself of being one of the most open minded and tolerant people on UCP, that would go against my values.

So, it would be ok for you to walk around and say Japanese smell like fish because so much of their diet is made up of see food?
    Dude, thank you, I was worried I'm the only open-minded Hispanic male who's passionate about automotives in the world. We make up a very small demographic. I really respect what you say, and I'm with you on it. I'm easily offended when it comes to race, and I try to never speak badly or pass judgements of anyone due to ethnicity. Si se puede haha.
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    But japanese don't smell like fish.

And mexicans don't smell bad, but apparently I can't make a bizarre story to spoof someone else who thought they did. I have plenty of common sense and I know plenty of people in real life from other ethnicities. They just know how to take a joke when someone is joking.

Freaking touchy people, get tougher skin!
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva View Post
    Dude, thank you, I was worried I'm the only open-minded Hispanic male who's passionate about automotives in the world. We make up a very small demographic. I really respect what you say, and I'm with you on it. I'm easily offended when it comes to race, and I try to never speak badly or pass judgements of anyone due to ethnicity. Si se puede haha.
    Niko_FX is also latino (from Venezuela), we became friends here on UCP rather quickly and he's a very open minded and tolerant person also. Teatako is also from Mexico but I haven't had the chance to interact with him yet.

I'm glad to see another cool laitino here on UCP. Claro que se puede!!

But japanese don't smell like fish.

And mexicans don't smell bad, but apparently I can't make a bizarre story to spoof someone else who thought they did. I have plenty of common sense and I know plenty of people in real life from other ethnicities. They just know how to take a joke when someone is joking.!
    The problem isn't having a tougher skin, it's that what you posted was in bad taste, spoof or not. Just imagine if I posted something similar regarding another ethnic group, religion or what have you and said they smelled bad and so forth. Joke or not, it's logical that people will take offence to that.

Freaking touchy people, get tougher skin!
    You say you have common sence, let's see you use it.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Excuse me??!!
    Just so you know I wasn't serious. My ex girlfriend is Latino and she definitely didn't smell bad
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Just so you know I wasn't serious. My ex girlfriend is Latino and she definitely didn't smell bad
    Good, I'm close to switching on my seek and destroy mode.

The problem isn't having a tougher skin, it's that what you posted was in bad taste, spoof or not. Just imagine if I posted something similar regarding another ethnic group, religion or what have you and said they smelled bad and so forth. Joke or not, it's logical that people will take offence to that.

The problem is you're being too sensitive and somehow seeing this as a personal insult.

First of all, if you actually read, the post referred to mexican NATIONALITY in the first place, not hispanics. In fact I mentioned that this is how you could tell hispanics of mexican NATIONALITY over hispanics from other nationalities. I wasn't referring to race at all. So while YOU might have a valid excuse as the joke applies to you as a Mexican citizen, TVRs is just looking for something to be offended about.

The intention was to spoof 'baddabang's comment that Taco bell smelled bad because of all the Mexicans, which I thought was a strange statement considering Mexican is a nationality, so I made up a spoof story of why nationality might effect someone's smell.

Maybe us USAers are just used to rude comments about us all the time, but seriously if you're going to give other people so much power that they can hurt you just by making up wierd stories about people from your country you are going to have a rather pissed off life. People say bad things about the US all the time. So what? I have enough pride to not care.

Get over it!

And honestly, if you felt like posting some joke about another nationality (or ethnicity or religion) you think I'd get pissed off about it? Do you really?
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 02-14-2007 at 12:06 PM.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

The problem is you're being too sensitive and somehow seeing this as a personal insult.

First of all, if you actually read, the post referred to mexican NATIONALITY in the first place, not hispanics. In fact I mentioned that this is how you could tell hispanics of mexican NATIONALITY over hispanics from other nationalities. I wasn't referring to race at all. So while YOU might have a valid excuse as the joke applies to you as a Mexican citizen, TVRs is just looking for something to be offended about.

The intention was to spoof 'baddabang's comment that Taco bell smelled bad because of all the Mexicans, which I thought was a strange statement considering Mexican is a nationality, so I made up a spoof story of why nationality might effect someone's smell. ?
    You just don't get it do you? I don't care what you're intent was, it was in poor taste. You're just to dence to see that. As far as TVRs goes, I doubt he's looking for something to be offended about as you say. He's from California, so I'm willing to bet he's of Mexican origen.

Maybe us USAers are just used to rude comments about us all the time, but seriously if you're going to give other people so much power that they can hurt you just by making up wierd stories about people from your country you are going to have a rather pissed off life. People say bad things about the US all the time. So what? I have enough pride to not care.

Get over it!
    USAers that's a new one. I happen to have dual citizenship, Mexico and the USA, so don't tell me about how Americans can take it. I know both countries and cultures better than you ever will.

And honestly, if you felt like posting some joke about another nationality (or ethnicity or religion) you think I'd get pissed off about it? Do you really?
    I think you would be too self absorbed to care either way.

You just don't get it do you? I don't care what you're intent was, it was in poor taste.
    It may have been poor taste, but its childish to get all bent out of shape about something like this. Most jokes are in poor taste, but people don't go nuts when , OMG the joke might remotely somehow relate to me!

As far as TVRs goes, I doubt he's looking for something to be offended about as you say. He's from California, so I'm willing to bet he's of Mexican origen.
    Unless he's of mexican nationality himself, it does not in any way relate to him. (except that the comment I was parodying was using 'mexican' to mean hispanic, which was the whole point of my little story)

USAers that's a new one. I happen to have dual citizenship, Mexico and the USA, so don't tell me about how Americans can take it. I know both countries and cultures better than you ever will.
    USAers is not uncommon usage, and usually used to differentiate citizens of the USA from other people on the North American continent.

As far as you claiming to have more knowledge of USA culture than someone who has lived there exclusively their entire life, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. You're going to have to prove it.

I'm getting the feeling you're realizing you were in the wrong to get all bent out of shape over a parody story of someone else' comment but are too stubborn to admit it and will just keep going on. That's ok, I won't require an apology or anything. You can just drop it.

EDIT: scratch that. I realize I'm setting up a situation where you feel you'll 'lose' if you don't respond now, so say whatever insults you're going to or about how ignorant I am whatever and I won't respond.
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 02-14-2007 at 03:26 PM.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    Anyone who smells of sour milk just needs a bath.
    Actually I've heard on several occasions that westerners smell like milk. We're just used to it. It's not a bath thing, its like if you eat tons of garlic you'll smell like it. We have two workers at my company right now from India and they smell a bit like curry, just because of the different diet they have. I can tell when they were just in the elevator just as well as I can tell if our front desk secretary that smokes was just in it. At least curry is a nice smell! I imagine they'll lose it pretty quick if they keep eating downtown. If you're a member of the culture you won't really notice because you're used to it.

You are what you eat!
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

don't you mean common sense
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

You say you have common sence, let's see you use it.
    clears throat* again just to let you know...it's sense...not sence

might help your arguement if you spelt that right

btw, not taking sides here, just making fun
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

bet he's of Mexican origen.
    Origin

BANDWAGON! and yes I realize that English is probably your second language

I'm starting to feel bad I started this now.......
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information