Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No wonder Taco Bell smells funny...

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    I'm starting to feel bad I started this now.......
    Yes your a terrible racist who should be shunned

Although the joke sucked and was a bit tasteless, I think taz may be overreacting just a bit....

My two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Origin

BANDWAGON! and yes I realize that English is probably your second language
    hah! ZING!!!!

jsut mssen wiht ya taz, we loev yu
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I just want to add I don't dislike Taz either >.>

He seems pretty cool generally.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    It may have been poor taste, but its childish to get all bent out of shape about something like this. Most jokes are in poor taste, but people don't go nuts when , OMG the joke might remotely somehow relate to me!

Unless he's of mexican nationality himself, it does not in any way relate to him. (except that the comment I was parodying was using 'mexican' to mean hispanic, which was the whole point of my little story)
    Like I said, you just don't get it.

USAers is not uncommon usage, and usually used to differentiate citizens of the USA from other people on the North American continent.

As far as you claiming to have more knowledge of USA culture than someone who has lived there exclusively their entire life, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. You're going to have to prove it.
    As far as USAers go, I'm not one to say it's correct or incorrect, one of the great things about languages is they are never static, they change and expand with time.

As far as culture goes, I lived in the USA from the age of 7 up tp the time I was 39, then came back to Mexico because of my business. I'm 41 now BTW. I'll be honest, I'm more familiar with US culture than Mexican culture, even though I have learned a lot by doing business here.

I'm getting the feeling you're realizing you were in the wrong to get all bent out of shape over a parody story of someone else' comment but are too stubborn to admit it and will just keep going on. That's ok, I won't require an apology or anything. You can just drop it.

EDIT: scratch that. I realize I'm setting up a situation where you feel you'll 'lose' if you don't respond now, so say whatever insults you're going to or about how ignorant I am whatever and I won't respond.
    You couldn't be more wrong. This isn't a competition to see who wins or loses. And I don't feel I got all bent out of shape for nothing. I stand firm in my opinion that what you said was insulting to say the least. And if anyone should offer an apology is you. Is that so hard to understand? I get the feeling that you're the one too stubborn to admit it. In the end all I wanted to hear from you was something like: " That was the wrong thing to say, sorry about that."

I also want to add, I don't dislike you, just your humor, if we can call it that.
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 02-14-2007 at 10:33 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information