Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More reliability and genius from Japan, Asia. Old Honda's last forever.

Older cars, even Japanese, exude character.

I like your CVCC. Very well maintained.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I love it too. My dad's a Honda mechanic and he has a 1983 Accord. Not in the best of shapes, but still runs pretty well. I love these old Hondas.

Thats a great little car. I love how they had the Honda logos underneath the keyhole.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

That car is sex on wheels. I'll take it over an Alfa 8C anytime. Err... now that I think about it, probably not. It's the heck of a car nonetheless. I guess you get incredible mpg with it?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I love it too. My dad's a Honda mechanic and he has a 1983 Accord. Not in the best of shapes, but still runs pretty well. I love these old Hondas.
    I'll throw in my two cents. I drive an '89 Honda Civic, and it runs beautifully... the only non-working part is my "Slow" setting for my windshield wipers... Only medium, fast, or manual for me. Oh, and it's a stick, we don't have any automatics in our family. My mom says they're for bitches
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

i have nothing but respect for any body who keeps a car for that long and keeps it in that good of shape..Keeper going and u never know u may pass it on to ur kids or it may be worth a lot in a some time...sooo awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    Oh, and it's a stick, we don't have any automatics in our family. My mom says they're for bitches
    ^^^
    thats just so awsome u dont even under stand

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    So what? I don't get it. That's is not a problem unless you drive a 60's Fiat.
    European and Japanese cars of certain vintages begin to fade, crack, pop and snap under the heat.

My BMW's 13-crack dashboard and faded paint is proof positive.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    I'll throw in my two cents. I drive an '89 Honda Civic, and it runs beautifully... the only non-working part is my "Slow" setting for my windshield wipers... Only medium, fast, or manual for me. Oh, and it's a stick, we don't have any automatics in our family. My mom says they're for bitches
    Nice. Old Hondas are mad cool! I hope a Prelude (of any year) will be my first car.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 02-10-2007 at 11:30 AM.

That's an awsome car you got there! just take care of it right!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    European and Japanese cars of certain vintages begin to fade, crack, pop and snap under the heat.

My BMW's 13-crack dashboard and faded paint is proof positive.
    And you think that's a bad condition to keep a car in? Compared to salted roads and snow you guys got it easy. Plastic parts crack and paint fades no matter where you are, but rust really sucks.

I don't think i'm going to get into a "salt Vs. Desert" battle. regardless. extreme conditions kill cars.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Older California, even though it's coastal, and desert state cars are much better preserved and command higher prices than cars from snowy regions.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Soon, I will post better pictures of my 1982 Honda Civic, I took 50 photographs of the Civic with my new Fuji Film A700 7.3 megapixel camera so the quality of the pictures will be much better than the previous pictures in this thread (they were taken with a Nokia 6280 camera phone... 2 megapixels).

I have a few great engine pictures and other pictures that (better) show the good looks of this old Japanese beauty.

P.S - Soon = Very soon.

Originally Posted by fisetdavid26
    I guess you get incredible mpg with it?
    Yes fisetdavid26, this 1982 Honda Civic is the opposite of/to a big fuel-guzzling SUV. The mpg figures should be very impressive but I don't know the actual figures. I will do the calculations soon and post them on the UCP forum.

Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    IB4R... thankfully, my Honda's paint is still in great condition. Also, the dashboard, other plastics and obviously the metal parts of the car do not have any cracks (they don't have any noticeable cracks you can see). The paint on the roof has faded very slightly but when I... or my Mother washes the car you can hardly notice any significant "wear" of the roof's paint. Brilliant Japanese build quality FTW, what else can you say?
    Last edited by john14; 02-12-2007 at 04:32 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

That's awesome!

Comparing it to today's Civic, which is parked on my drive, it's tiny... about the same size as the Logo from the '90s.

The appeal for old cars gets stronger and stronger as they get harder to find.

You got a new car then Sam?

I can't believe how good condition the 82 Civic is in, that's what you call taking care.

What's a Ford Festiva btw?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information