Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More reliability and genius from Japan, Asia. Old Honda's last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    What's a Ford Festiva btw?
    Google ftw.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well I did look on the Ford of Australia website and found nothing.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

1982 Honda Civic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by john14; 02-15-2007 at 08:38 PM. Reason: I forgot to add another picture using the UCP attachment system.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

I've just uploaded the last pictures of my 1982 Honda Civic. Look at the pictures in the previous post as well. I think they are better than these pictures. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them!

1982 Honda Civic
    Last edited by john14; 02-15-2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: I forgot to add some text.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

I found some information about my '82 Honda Civic.

1.- Built Date = JAN82 so the car is more than 25 years old/a quarter of a century old.

2.- The original engine is still in the Honda... 89,132 km or 55,707 miles "on the clock".

3. If you watch Pulp Fiction, Bruce Willis' character drives his girlfriend's second generation white 1980 Honda Civic, the rear of that Civic is very similar to rear of my car (the rest of the car is very similar as well due to the fact my car is a 2nd generation Civic as well).

Lastly, I don't like naming cars but my Mum named the car Lizzy/Elizabeth after she bought the car 3 years ago. I hate that name, so I have been looking for a better name for the last two days. So, today I decided to name the car Suzuka because the car is very Asian/Japanese and Honda have a car and engine manufacturing factory in Suzuka, Japan.

This is the factory - http://world.honda.com/SuzukaFactory/

So, Suzuka the 1982 Honda Civic FTW.
    Last edited by john14; 03-21-2007 at 06:27 AM.

Wow, again, wonderful pictures! I will try to get pictures of my father's 83 Accord. It isn't in as good condition as your car though. I will have to get a new memory card though. I love the fact that the car looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. I wish I could say that for my dad's Accord.

I also like the fact that there's a test track right on the factory grounds.

Sticking to their roots.

1982 Honda Civic

My brother driving my car. Notice the Honda Civic next to my car.

Mum driving my car. Everybody wants to drive my car.
    Last edited by john14; 10-15-2007 at 07:55 AM.

We have a Ford Falcon GL 1983 (straight 6). My dad has had it for over a decade, then has given it to me to drive
    Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 06-25-2008 at 12:55 PM.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

My Honda Civic has done over 100,000 km now (or 100.000 km for Europeans ). The car is over 25 years old so that could be the reason the 1 is not shown in the 100,000. It reads 00,000(3).
    Last edited by john14; 06-22-2008 at 07:51 AM.

My 16 year old cars done 250,000+ kays, chances are yours may have ticked over to maybe 300 thousand
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    My Honda Civic has done over 100,000 km now (or 100.000 km for Europeans ). The car is over 25 years old so that could be the reason the 1 is not shown in the 100,000. It reads 00,000(3).
    So...you essentially have a brand-new car again.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    My 16 year old cars done 250,000+ kays, chances are yours may have ticked over to maybe 300 thousand
    whiteballz, the odometer read 99,999 km before it ticked over to 00,000 for 100,000 km. An old man owned the car for about 17 years so he didn't drive the care much. Quite a few 26 year old cars have about 100,000 km but most 26 year old cars would have 200,000 km, 300,000 km or 400,000 km on the odometer.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Or maybe it's a million.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Or maybe it's a million.
    A million kilometers? Only a Volvo or a Mercedes Benz taxi can really do 1 million kilometers Albert.

Thread Information