Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Porsche one of the most profitable brands!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Porsche is sick. But their high profits kinda enrage me. They should sell their cars for even cheaper (relatively to Ferrari and Lamborghini) and they should RE-ENTER LE MANS AT THE TOP LEVEL. I love Porsche - but lovers are frequently the most critical. Porsche should own VW. Then, Porsche would own Lamborghini. That would be funny to me.
    The prices arent necessarily set at what profits Porsche think they'll need to return from each sale. The position of the rest of the market plays a significant part.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    The prices arent necessarily set at what profits Porsche think they'll need to return from each sale. The position of the rest of the market plays a significant part.
    I actually find the 911's a bit of a bargain. The Cayenne has its prices just in line with the comeptition. Perhaps the Boxster and the Cayman are the ones that are more expensive compared to competition.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    people say the cayenne is there to make the company profitable...do the 911s, caymens and boxters need the cayenne to survive?...doesnt seem so.
    I am sure this huge profit margin is a direct result of Porsche's cayenne sales. Surely not the sole reason as they are engaged in multiple fields other than road cars. But it is in great Part due to Cayenne sales that they have such financial ease.

I am very happy for porsche. And Buying VW sounds vry good indeed, But not for the reasons you all point out. I think a new Porsche affordable sports car, using say a Golf V platform, would be very interesting indeed.
    Or Vice-versa, a new sporty car from VW (much like a corrado or scirroco) using a boxter platform would be brilliant.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    I am very happy for porsche. And Buying VW sounds vry good indeed, But not for the reasons you all point out. I think a new Porsche affordable sports car, using say a Golf V platform, would be very interesting indeed.
    Isn't that the TT? And I don't think would be fooled. The last Volkswagen-Porsche (the 914) experiment didn't go that well...
    Or Vice-versa, a new sporty car from VW (much like a corrado or scirroco) using a boxter platform would be brilliant.
    That would be better altough it could harm Porsche's sales and I think I'd be unlikely...
    Visca Catalunya!

if the takeover goes through that could mean trouble for bentley, lamborghini, audi who all currently make direct competitors to porsche (conti GT, Gallardo, Q7) would porsche have any influence to possibly hinder the production of these models or the developement of new one's?
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The last Volkswagen-Porsche (the 914) experiment didn't go that well...
    Isn't that because many people found it to be ugly? I love the 914, and would welcome a modern iteration. An even more affordable Porsche should be a good thing, assuming that it's well executed-it seems likely that it would be.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Isn't that because many people found it to be ugly? I love the 914, and would welcome a modern iteration. An even more affordable Porsche should be a good thing, assuming that it's well executed-it seems likely that it would be.
    The problem is, Volkswagen doesn't have any rear driven chasis at all. And a front wheel drive Porsche is not exactly appealing. Furthermore there's alread the TT.
    Visca Catalunya!

The problem is, Volkswagen doesn't have any rear driven chasis at all. And a front wheel drive Porsche is not exactly appealing. Furthermore there's alread the TT.
    Point taken, but couldn't they develop a joint platform that is rwd and could be used as both a 914 successor and a bit more hard edged VW product of some sort.

How well does the TT sell; is it profitable?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Isnt the Eos available with RWD?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

So basically Porsche is overcharging for their products or is it that by sharing all the bits and pieces and technology and more or less keep the same basic shape on all their cars that they keep the car building process cheap and open the door for greater profitibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    So basically Porsche is overcharging for their products or is it that by sharing all the bits and pieces and technology and more or less keep the same basic shape on all their cars that they keep the car building process cheap and open the door for greater profitibility.
    Well, ehy did the study wrong and accounted profits form other operations. But none the less, I would imagine Porsche is still very profitable- which, unfortunately to us, means they are overcharging. Which seems crazy, as Porsches are a "bargain" considered to Ferraris and Lamborghinis even though their performance is consistently equal or better.

Isnt the Eos available with RWD?
    No, it's a Golf CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Well, ehy did the study wrong and accounted profits form other operations. But none the less, I would imagine Porsche is still very profitable- which, unfortunately to us, means they are overcharging. Which seems crazy, as Porsches are a "bargain" considered to Ferraris and Lamborghinis even though their performance is consistently equal or better.
    Not only when compared to Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but also when compared to most of its rivals, including BMW, Jaguar, Aston Martin and Maserati.
    Visca Catalunya!

No, it's a Golf CC.

Not only when compared to Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but also when compared to most of its rivals, including BMW, Jaguar, Aston Martin and Maserati.
    No doubt. What are they smoking in Zuffenhausen that is making them so smart ?

the technology cultures are very different. Take your average VW, the passat for example, it does everything you need it to do, but nothing to excite you. Any Porsche is the oposite. Porsche would never use a FF platform because it wouldnt met the performance standards required, VW would nevar waste money developing an expensive rear drive platform becasue it wouldnt sell under VW. take the phaeton - the only thing wrong with it is the badge, (toyota had a similar problem so invented lexus to seperate badge perception) maybe aslo why their W12 Nardo didnt go to production too?

Therefore combining knowledge, money and property but not platforms would be best for VW/Porsche
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    the technology cultures are very different. Take your average VW, the passat for example, it does everything you need it to do, but nothing to excite you. Any Porsche is the oposite. Porsche would never use a FF platform because it wouldnt met the performance standards required, VW would nevar waste money developing an expensive rear drive platform becasue it wouldnt sell under VW. take the phaeton - the only thing wrong with it is the badge, (toyota had a similar problem so invented lexus to seperate badge perception) maybe aslo why their W12 Nardo didnt go to production too?

Therefore combining knowledge, money and property but not platforms would be best for VW/Porsche
    I thinkt there are many potential options for sharing platforms and technology within VAG and Porsche. Just remeber the Volkswagen alone isn't VAG, they've got Audi, Lamborghini and Bentley too, and I find that cars from those brands with Porsche would be interesting. Furthermore there's some platform sharing already with the Touareg/Cayenne pair.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information