Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Exclusive Games

DX10 will also be Vista exclusive. On the plus side, apparently even though Vista itself runs slower than XP, games will be as fast or faster as it's better at shutting itself off when you're running games. I don't know if that's a DX10 thing or a Vista thing, so it may be that games have to be designed around that feature.

And of course they can do it, they have a market monopoly. You could go run Linux or get an Apple... but you won't, because you want to play games on your PC. Probably.

The things I hate about MS I'm glad im on Linux now,just for the idea of not-supporting MS....

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    The things I hate about MS I'm glad im on Linux now,just for the idea of not-supporting MS....
    i'm not supporting MS either
    autozine.org

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    wont you get directs 10 for xp?
    Nope, M$ have said it wont be backwards compatible - to run DX10 you WILL need Vista and a DX10 card

PS - Vista Home Premium OEM is £60

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
    Nope, M$ have said it wont be backwards compatible - to run DX10 you WILL need Vista and a DX10 card

PS - Vista Home Premium OEM is £60
    where from?:
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    I've been writing down this years games that i plan to pre-order, and remedy's latest game from the creators of Max Payne is Alan Wake (http://www.alanwake.com/).

However in the read-up it states that the game is Windows Vista and Xbox 360 exclusive. What is all that about? Surely if you dont have vista but a good enough system to play it, You can still run the game?

If not, this is microsoft fascism!
    This happens all the time, Some games never make it off a one make, I was buying AFL games since they were made, Last year they changed to Sony and they are now PS2 only, When for so many years from day 1 it was PC.
    24 the game PS2 only
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    where from?:
    32 bit home premium oem - £67
    64 bit home premium oem - £68

This is how much the OEM copies sell for anywhere

Let's play spot the difference!

Sony publishes game. Game is only available for latest Sony console. Everyone loves the game and loves Sony. Hooray for Sony.

Microsoft publishes game. Game is only available for the latest Microsoft console and latest Microsoft operating system, therefore Microsoft are the centre of all that is bad in the world and the production rate of little pictures of Bill Gates with comedy red horns poking out of his head spread like wildfire. Rumours of Bill Gates inventing cancer become rife. Microsoft is evil and must be stopped. Everyone still hates Microsoft. Die Microsoft, die.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    They wont listen to you, like they didn't listen to the similar point Matra made. Their heads are way too far up their own rectums to actually know why they hate MSN and have an opinion of their own. Gotta love society!

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    Why the hell would anyone do a new OS that uses even more PC resources??? I'm going to wait as long as i can until i'm forced to change to Vista
    Because to have extra features, you have to use extra resources. If you're so worried about resources rather than functionality, why aren't you still using Windows 3.1?

I hear one of these babies uses no computer resources at all!

no vista other than ultimate edition is worth having. The others are 'noob' versions.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post

Sony publishes game. Game is only available for latest Sony console. Everyone loves the game and loves Sony. Hooray for Sony.

Microsoft publishes game. Game is only available for the latest Microsoft console and latest Microsoft operating system, therefore Microsoft are the centre of all that is bad in the world and the production rate of little pictures of Bill Gates with comedy red horns poking out of his head spread like wildfire. Rumours of Bill Gates inventing cancer become rife. Microsoft is evil and must be stopped. Everyone still hates Microsoft. Die Microsoft, die.
    yes. but sony dont restrict pc gamers. thats when people get angry. all games should be available for pc, and a wide range of pc's at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    all games should be available for pc, and a wide range of pc's at that.
    And how did you manage to come to that conclusion? Surely PCs are the least important, seeing as they aren't dedicated to gaming, and the fact that PC-variant sales make up the smallest chunk of a game developers sales.

if a game is made for a console its not hard for the developers to convert it to PC. If anything, its respectful towards the target audience to allow someone who doesnt have a console or doesnt want to waste their money on a console, to play the latest games. Some of us, along with myself, have machines more capable than what consoles have to offer so why not let us enjoy it too. Most developers do this. Like ubisoft. But others dont. If only.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    And how did you manage to come to that conclusion? Surely PCs are the least important, seeing as they aren't dedicated to gaming, and the fact that PC-variant sales make up the smallest chunk of a game developers sales.
    Depending on which game developer
    Bethesda Softworks and Blizzard both boasted the highest amount of income for PC games

[quote=Cotterik;669761]if a game is made for a console its not hard for the developers to convert it to PC.[/quiote]
    No and especially not if it was developed to take advantage of Sony's powerful system. Totally unique and non-orthogonal architecture.
    Developing to a "virtual machien" with translators/compilers/libraries for each platform adds an overhead that the game may not be able to accept.
    If anything, its respectful
    Yeah but this isn't famil, it's business. Capitalism at it's best !!
    so why not let us enjoy it too.
    Because they ( ALL console makers ) want somethign to entice you to the "new" platform as quickly as possible to prevent banbkruptcy
    B******S
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information