Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WOW... Mercedes recalling SLR McLaren's because of a "Boo-Boo"

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Yes but i'm comparing the A4 2.0 tdi with the Octavia Rs tdi (same engine) at the end the Octavia as a better package and at less price.

I like the Avensis to, but i'll take the Lexus, this on looks alone, it's brilliant. Black IS220d for me please!
    After checking I have to agree with you, objectively between the A4 and the Octavia the later is the better option. However if you compare the Avensis and the IS (both the 177bhp diesels) the Avensis is also objectively better than the IS. The Toyota is bigger, faster, lighter, more frugal, less polluting and considerably cheaper.

Sometimes you cannot judge cars based only on the figures...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes but i'm comparing the A4 2.0 tdi with the Octavia Rs tdi (same engine) at the end the Octavia as a better package and at less price.
    A4 = D segment
    octavia = C segment

however:
    A3 = C segment
    superb (dead?) = D segment
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    A4 = D segment
    octavia = C segment

however:
    A3 = C segment
    superb (dead?) = D segment
    The Superb is not dead yet and I think it was intended originally as an E-segment car, altough it's now outclassed in terms of size by newer rivals. It for instance still has the old 5-valve V6 engine.
    Visca Catalunya!

a clear sign they haven't learn why Toyota is growing so rapidly....

By the way, people who bought expensive cars, Merc, Jag are snobs... uncle scrooges who just can't be satisfied.

People who bought Skodas, have every reason filled up to answer questions before they even went into showrooms, hence inferiority complex played a huge part in ensuring they score high in consumer satisfactory charts. . . haha ~
    Last edited by Ingolstadt; 02-18-2007 at 11:45 PM.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    a clear sign they haven't learn why Toyota is growing so rapidly....

By the way, people who bought expensive cars, Merc, Jag are snobs... uncle scrooges who just can't be satisfied.

People who bought Skodas, have every reason filled up to answer questions before they even went into showrooms, hence inferiority complex played a huge part in ensuring they score high in consumer satisfactory charts. . . haha ~
    thats a very good point, my learning experience for the day
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    After checking I have to agree with you, objectively between the A4 and the Octavia the later is the better option. However if you compare the Avensis and the IS (both the 177bhp diesels) the Avensis is also objectively better than the IS. The Toyota is bigger, faster, lighter, more frugal, less polluting and considerably cheaper.

Sometimes you cannot judge cars based only on the figures...
    Yes, but the IS is RWD!!! much more appealing to me. you got specs for both, is the consuption/speed/weight so different?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Yes, but the IS is RWD!!! much more appealing to me. you got specs for both, is the consuption/speed/weight so different?
    The difference is about the same there is between the A4 and the Octavia (that is not huge but noticeable with the figures) always in favour of the Avensis.
    Visca Catalunya!

Originally Posted byFerrer
    The difference is about the same there is between the A4 and the Octavia (that is not huge but noticeable with the figures) always in favour of the Avensis.
    Ferrer, the main problem is the majority of car buyers want the "better badge".

If a person buys a Toyota many people will say "That's just another Toyota, boring."

If a person buys a Lexus many people will say "Wow, he or she is driving a Lexus they must be successful"

Wouter said we live in a brand-obsessed world and he is damn right.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    Ferrer, the main problem is the majority of car buyers want the "better badge".

If a person buys a Toyota many people will say "That's just another Toyota, boring."

If a person buys a Lexus many people will say "Wow, he or she is driving a Lexus they must be successful"

Wouter said we live in a brand-obsessed world and he is damn right.
    Yes, I agree with you. The only thing I was trying to show ruim20, is that not always the figures are enough to judge a car, often many subjectiva criteria are also included in the decision. Reasons that can't be justified objectively, in a way that's why we like cars, don't we?
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm with your mum.
    Find another dealer. quickly
    Ask to see the replaced parts !!
    Which Mini is it ? I thought you wre petrol and so it's a supercharger, not a turbo ? no ??

I'm suspicious of their skills if this is your third alternator -- In fact I would suggest they are incorrectly adjusting the belt tension and I'd also suggest the same for the supercharger !!!! It woudl be worth doiing a check when it comes back

100% with you on warranty. Driving instructor cars should never be owned outside of warranty - first or second hand.
    They get the usage in one day that an average car takes a month to get. So expect it to "wear" at that accelerated rate too. Nobody designs a car to be used as much as a good instructor
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-20-2007 at 04:13 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

ARGH! This f*cking college computer! I typed out a reply answering your questions, then the computer buggered up and lost it.

Sod typing it out again now, it'll have to wait for when I get home!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Hum, in Portugal both cars cost the same, both fully loaded, even with the dvd player, Avensis d4d FWD, IS 220d RWD, for me the Lexus looks much better than the Avensis, it's not about status or brand, i know that the Lexus is another Toyota... the thing is, i love how the Is looks, and if i can have it in a 177hp RWD diesel it's just icing on the cake.

The same goes for a lot of other cars, never has it pass my mind to buy a car solely on numbers, i like the A4 much more than the Octavia, but for the price difference here the Octavia is a great deal, for thoose who like it or for thoose who can live with buying the second car in their list.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Put it in writing.
    Then the worry about conflict isnt' present.
    It doesn't take any time to do.
    Be non-emotional, purely factual and make a clear case for compensation - free service at other dealer, pick-up/drop-off of car when serviced etc. Explain what your Mum and Dad would find reasonable and WHY.
    Especially, point out that as a driving instructor he is giving hundreds of learners per year the chance to appreciate a MINI and go on to purchase if happy with it

So letter goes to the dealer and the dealer's head office/MD.
    If that doesn't get the required response then follow-up letter to MINI UK Service Manager with a copy to the dealer/delear's MD and now point out the damage to the brand image of MINI to the hundreds of learners per year and fellow driving instructors. Again re-iterate what will make you happy and WHY that is not unreasonable.

Don't be "typically British" and not complain !!!
    I'd suggest that you recommend that the most senior Mini mechanic only works on your car and that the worksheet is signed by the manager and a copy provided to you. That way you stop the numpty-new-boy getting near the car !!!

Good luck
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information