Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clivey's Corsa

Clivey's Corsa

Hi UCP'ers.

Just thought that it's about time I started a thread about my own car as there's a few things I wanted to ask and to talk about.

It's a 2004 "04-reg" Vauxhall Corsa 1.4i16v SXi Twinport 3-door with a personalised plate (S16 is my Birthday, September 16th, followed by CTR, my initials). The colour is "Ultra Blue' pearlescent.

I've been driving since I passed my test on Friday 13th (Hopefully lucky for some) October '06, so a little over 3 months now, and this car's certainly not what I expected...

...I bought it from my mum for £3,500 (we both knew it was worth £6,000 at the time but she let me buy it cheaper as a sort of 'Birthday present') the weekend I passed my test. She originally bought it pre-registered in August 2004 when it had just 800 miles on the odometer for £7,100. The list on her was £11,500, so we were off to a good start.

So far it's covered 23,000 miles and is in near perfect condition (just a few stone chips on the bonnet from motorway driving, sadly the colour means chips stand out on this car)

Anyway, the car already has a few stories for me to share later. I'm just interested to see what people think of it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I for some reason find this generation of Corsa very good looking. It's a nice car I hope you enjoy it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The only good looking Corsa.

Need some STICKAAAZZZZZZ
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I love the picture next to the Ford pickup truck

A good car, but not to my taste, no matter how good it looks- and yours is a very sharp looker.

Please- don't rice it?

nice car for an 18 year old to have. just don't quote the full car title in an attempt to attract the oposite sex! did you take the last pic from your upstairs window

so..twinport..i can guess what that means technically, can you enlighten us further on what vauxhall means by this. I hope you havent got the same problem down there as up here where neds go about in black Sri corsas with nasty exhaust tips.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    I hope you havent got the same problem down there as up here where neds go about in black Sri corsas with nasty exhaust tips.

I see that far too often, it's seriously stupid.

Nice clean car you have there mate!

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser View Post
    I see that far too often, it's seriously stupid.

Nice clean car you have there mate!
    This thread chalenges me because i know most corsa drivers are quite nice but I just cannot stand corsa ricers - its the transparency! We know there everything they think it isnt and vice versa.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The only good looking Corsa.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that...? Are you referring to this bodystyle (Corsa C & D), this facelift (Corsa D: 2003 53-reg - 2006 56-reg) or just to my car in particular?

Need some STICKAAAZZZZZZ
    I don't think so.

There's no point in modifying or spending any money on a car like this. It's just a first car and a supermini. I'm actually already thinking about replacing it!

i think matra meant baddabang stickers
    autozine.org

The bodystyle

gotta get ucp stickers on it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

nice car for an 18 year old to have. just don't quote the full car title in an attempt to attract the oposite sex! did you take the last pic from your upstairs window
    I only quote the full model name (it is long for a grocery-getter isn't it?) on UCP and I already have a girlfriend so there's no need to try to impress. Yeah, that pic was taken from my window and all those pics are just ones from my cameraphone. The best camera we have is still only a 5.0 megapixel but I'm waiting until I've cleaned the car before I take any more piccies.

so..twinport..i can guess what that means technically, can you enlighten us further on what vauxhall means by this. I hope you havent got the same problem down there as up here where neds go about in black Sri corsas with nasty exhaust tips.
    As you can see, other than the number plate my car is factory standard. I'd only ever consider tasteful modifications to any car and I don't foresee doing anything to the Corsa.

Definition of Twinport from yahoo! cars:

Under partial load, a Twinport engine receives an additional 25 per cent of its fuel air mixture from already burnt exhaust gas which is recycled back into the mix. The various advantages of Twinport are achieved through a combination of fuel injection and exhaust emission control by three-way catalytic converter technology. The system actually reduces the technical complexity of an engine and consequently cuts costs, making the Twinport solution particularly attractive for superminis.

Hope that helps...

Also known as Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR).
    A weak point the Corsa often ends up with a sticky EGR and £100 to buy and a PITA to fit. Did it on ours, if you didn't keep the revs up then about 30 seconds in after a cold start it would die.

Also known as Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR).
    A weak point the Corsa often ends up with a sticky EGR and £100 to buy and a PITA to fit. Did it on ours, if you didn't keep the revs up then about 30 seconds in after a cold start it would die.
    Ah, I've been in one that did that! It was a 1998 "R-reg" 1.0i12v 5-door. The owner said it was cutting out and had no idea why.

What model is your Corsa Matra? Also, I've not seen many pics of your cars - do you have any you can share?

Ahh the EGR valve. Major pita we have a 1990 GMC van and my 91 camaro, thhey both have egr, and they've both had to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Ahh the EGR valve. Major pita we have a 1990 GMC van and my 91 camaro, thhey both have egr, and they've both had to be replaced
    That shouldn't happen I have been learned (by Total) that with the correct oils and maintenance an EGR system should last 25+ years. Did you have the correct oil in it ?

Anyway Clivey, nice starter car !!! I cant afford anything near that ! (becoming Suzuki Alto 1.0 Ga tomorrow ). Lets hope you may have many safe miles on it !!

PS: Partying in a Corsa goes pretty well

Thread Information