Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clivey's Corsa

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    What model is your Corsa Matra? Also, I've not seen many pics of your cars - do you have any you can share?
    1.2 Gsi iirc.
    No pics
    It was bought to teach the kids to drive, burn the clutch up, kerb the alloys and let them have their first accidents in -- everyone has one
    Available for anyone who needs a first car !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    1.2 Gsi iirc.
    No pics
    It was bought to teach the kids to drive, burn the clutch up, kerb the alloys and let them have their first accidents in -- everyone has one
    Available for anyone who needs a first car !!!!
    IIRC?

1.2 GSi eh? There's no such thing. Do you mean GLS? The GSI was a 1.6i16v "sports" model.

I know what you mean about using it as a beater though. I wouldn't fancy teaching anyone to drive in the A610 or RX-8.

And you mean to say you've no piccies of the Bagheeras or A610 for us? Disgraceful!

IIRC = I I Recall Correctly

Pete, how much is it? Will you post to Crowthorne?

1.2 GSi eh? There's no such thing. Do you mean GLS?
    Yeah, GLS ... but damn, I had to go look in the filing system and leaning down like that at the side of my desk has tired me out for the rest of the day.
    Can you guys be more thoughtful and look out for us elderlies
    I wouldn't fancy teaching anyone to drive in the A610 or RX-8.
    Hell never mind teaching in it, they've already had the traction contorl working for them when they were out in the RX8 ! BOTH of them
    And you mean to say you've no piccies of the Bagheeras or A610 for us? Disgraceful!
    ah sorry, do a search, posted many times on UCP -- some vids too
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Pete, how much is it? Will you post to Crowthorne?
    Can't post and questionable if it coudl reach Crowthorne.
    But if you want to come take it away I could be persuaded with an exceptionally good malt and only a small fistful of pounds ( dollars are a crap exchange rate !! )

Yeah, GLS ... but damn, I had to go look in the filing system and leaning down like that at the side of my desk has tired me out for the rest of the day.
    Can you guys be more thoughtful and look out for us elderlies
    Lol, I did sort of hand you the answer...

Hell never mind teaching in it, they've already had the traction contorl working for them when they were out in the RX8 ! BOTH of them
    Yeah, as far as I can tell from your previous posts regarding your daughters, they're both quite keen drivers and quite interested in what driving is all about...? They're not the ones you have to worry about, as my dad found out shortly after becoming a driving instructor. It frequently amazes him how many students don't have a bloody clue how to even open the bonnet or fill a car with fuel.

Having said that, if it were me and I went out in that kind of car for a spot of keen driving, the traction control would be firmly set to 'off' once I'd got used to the handling.

ah sorry, do a search, posted many times on UCP -- some vids too
    No worries, will do. How do you convince the wife / family to let you keep all of these cars? What's the trick?

Having said that, if it were me and I went out in that kind of car for a spot of keen driving, the traction control would be firmly set to 'off' once I'd got used to the handling.
    inadvisable ....... Just two days ago, experienced RX8 owner ... fish-taile don a greasy spot and ...... OUCH

PS: and lots of damage becase he actuallu laucnhed OVER a concrete barrier seperating traffic lanes. Pulled nearly everything off the bottom of the car too.
    No worries, will do. How do you convince the wife / family to let you keep all of these cars? What's the trick?
    Easy Work hard and point out that they have horses, cars, houses and holidays all paid by me so I get to play too
    Attached Images Attached Images

Me likes, I've always thought those shape Corsa's had character, slightly cheeky. Maybe something to do with the adverts... Awesome for a first car, and the price! I really like the colour too. That Corsa vs F150 pics pretty cool, I mean, I knew the F150's were big but compare it to a car commonly seen on British roads, it kinda scares me. Who's Ford is it btw?

Vive la Corsa!

EDIT: OH MY DAYS! That RX8 looks really nasty, driver ok?
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 02-18-2007 at 06:33 AM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    EDIT: OH MY DAYS! That RX8 looks really nasty, driver ok?
    Yes, he's fine. Only pride damaged.

Yes, he's fine. Only pride damaged.
    Lol. Never heard that one before

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I knew the F150's were big but compare it to a car commonly seen on British roads, it kinda scares me. Who's Ford is it btw?
    I don't know who owns the F150 there, but I parked my car in a quiet car park whilst I went to get a haircut and when I came back, I saw that. At first I was horrified because it looked as though it was parked close to my car and I was dreading one of those dents where someone opens their door onto yours. The whole point of choosing the quiet corner of the car park was to be away from everyone else's movements.

Luckily though, as you can see he deliberately parked in such a way that he left enough space, and the pick-up looked as though it had been taken care of. So it was OK. I took the photo because my little Corsa looked funny next to this massive pick-up.

Thanks to everone for the compliments on the car, and rest assured; It isn't getting riced.

I don't know who owns the F150 there, but I parked my car in a quiet car park whilst I went to get a haircut and when I came back, I saw that. At first I was horrified because it looked as though it was parked close to my car and I was dreading one of those dents where someone opens their door onto yours. The whole point of choosing the quiet corner of the car park was to be away from everyone else's movements.

Luckily though, as you can see he deliberately parked in such a way that he left enough space, and the pick-up looked as though it had been taken care of. So it was OK. I took the photo because my little Corsa looked funny next to this massive pick-up.

Thanks to everone for the compliments on the car, and rest assured; It isn't getting riced.
    HAHA, awesome, yeah, we have one of those kinda dents in the drivers door of the Mazda, some Merc ML270 CDI rear passeger kicked the door open on it and put a dent where the door sort of curves right round, not borthering to repair it, the car is covered in scraped, scratches and chipped paintwork from people backing into it in my Mum's works carpark, IT'S BRIGHT BLOODY RED!!!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Just thought I'd mention; this is the same car my mum used to write-off a VW Polo (Polo driver's fault). I'm bloody impressed with the way it held up!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ighlight=poloh

Look at how little damage was done to the Corsa, bearing in mind the Polo was a write-off and bent like a banana to the point where the driver's door wouldn't shut.

The best part of this incident is that the repairs after the above accident sorted out a dent that had spoiled the front end of the car - of all things a bloody bird caused it by flying into the front bumper at speed...it wont make that mistake again. Now, the car's in absolutely A1 condition and faces it's first MOT at the end of this month.

inadvisable ....... Just two days ago, experienced RX8 owner ... fish-taile don a greasy spot and ...... OUCH
    My experiences with electronic driver aids are that they activate too late to stop the drama anyway. Under normal circumstances, by the time the computer has detected a slide / wheel spinning, a good driver will have had plenty of warning that it was going to happen and will have compensated / made allowances. I'd argue that the accident you show would have happened anyway despite any TCS / ESP gizmos...

PS: and lots of damage becase he actuallu laucnhed OVER a concrete barrier seperating traffic lanes. Pulled nearly everything off the bottom of the car too.
    ...is it repairable? No chassis buckles / cracks or anything?

Oh yeah, a question I've been meaning to ask: In the RX-7 engine rebuilds had to happen fairly often; is this still the case with the RX-8?

My experiences with electronic driver aids are that they activate too late to stop the drama anyway.
    Based on 800 miles in teh RX, it's that they are acting at the same time, so the normal input to correct from teh driver ends up amplifying the input the traction control is putting in. Has taken a while to get used to it, but I'm now confortable when and how to react with the traction control on and off
    Under normal circumstances, by the time the computer has detected a slide / wheel spinning, a good driver will have had plenty of warning[/quote]
    Not with modern dedicated traction control computers.
    ...is it repairable? No chassis buckles / cracks or anything?
    Most of teh components on teh bottom of the vehicle were ripped of/smashed up. I doubt the chassis will ahve survived intact.
    Oh yeah, a question I've been meaning to ask: In the RX-7 engine rebuilds had to happen fairly often; is this still the case with the RX-8?
    Talking to guys in the clubs, the RX-7 got a bad rep that was undeserved towards the end and now amplified by the numerous forced induction being added !!!
    The RX-8 has an additional oil injector under control of the ECU. So when pushing it hard it puts a squirt in to keep the tips lubricated. Been out on drives with guys with RX8s with 50K miles on teh clock and it can push as hard as my new one

Thread Information