Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WATCH OUT GUYS! This is the definition of "being checked-up on"!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    [Reaches 17,000km] Hit [/Reach]

Didn't see that coming - now lets let all the kiddies start pretending they have never seen a girl on the interwebthingy again and post a million hello messages. I've had my fun here
    I worry they may not be pretending
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

I think it'd be hysterical if I locked this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I think it'd be hysterical if I locked this thread.
    since your idea of hysterical usually extends to doing degrading things with quigg's mother, i think you may not be the best choice to judge humour.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i left this thread with 8 or so posts last night, now it has 5 pages!..of crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Another off topic post wont hurt...

Nice avatar and I wholeheartedly agree. Can't wait for my chance to own a Tuscan S (eventually in about 10 years' time). Are you particularly knowledgeable about Tivs?

I've often seen the Mk1 Tuscan S's 4.0 quoted as being 390BHP, but I've recently heard that on the last of the line models in 2004, that was upped by 10 to 400. Know if there's any truth in that?
    I am a big fan of Al Melling. More his profile as an independant consultant than his projects. The ajp6 started as a 4.0l 350 hp prototype for the tuscan and then the Coventrt TVR engine people upped this to 400hp. Various other configerations of tunes where tried to. Its approach as a production racing 6 is pretty unique, its noise and optimisation for high revs make it pretty unique.
    I suppose it represent uncomprimised engine design.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    i left this thread with 8 or so posts last night, now it has 5 pages!..of crap!
    I know. Cyco, Vaigra; Littering is a crime.

I am a big fan of Al Melling. More his profile as an independant consultant than his projects. The ajp6 started as a 4.0l 350 hp prototype for the tuscan and then the Coventrt TVR engine people upped this to 400hp. Various other configerations of tunes where tried to. Its approach as a production racing 6 is pretty unique, its noise and optimisation for high revs make it pretty unique.
    I suppose it represent uncomprimised engine design.
    The original Tuscans came with 350BHP, which was gradually upped to 360, then 380 (Red Rose spec.). The 'S' came with 390 but as I said, I've heard of a further factory revision on the last of the line Mk1's in 2004, just wondering if it's people rounding 390 up to 400 or whether 400 was the actual output. Whatever the spec, AJP6's sound orgasmic. So do the TVR V8's actually.

Part of being a TVR fan is the mystery of it all. I don't even have a clue whether they still actually exist at all! (One minute the company's gone under and is selling it's trademark, factory and moulds; the next we're seeing supposed prototype pictures for the Typhoon.)

There's even discrepancy between accounts of max. speeds for the Tuscans. I've heard from people claiming they've driven theirs at over 180mph, whereas British journalists (TG, Evo) seem to think 160 odd is the limit.

Al Mellings work is apparently top secret, i wish i could learn more about those engines and their design. You didn't mention that press special tuscan 440 that never materialised. Im guessing Al Melling intended for a very good intake charge to create such high horsepower from relative engine speed. (still off topic )
    autozine.org

Al Mellings work is apparently top secret, i wish i could learn more about those engines and their design. You didn't mention that press special tuscan 440 that never materialised. Im guessing Al Melling intended for a very good intake charge to create such high horsepower from relative engine speed. (still off topic )
    That was the T440R / Typhon. If you look on the TVR forums on Pistonheads.com, you'll discover that there are about four T440R / Typhons in existence and all with owners. Carbon fibre bodywork included - even lighter than the 1,100kgs Tuscan!

Still, I don't think there's a serious car in existence that can beat the 800 odd BHP/ton of the Speed 12 though Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    That was the T440R / Typhon. If you look on the TVR forums on Pistonheads.com, you'll discover that there are about four T440R / Typhons in existence and all with owners. Carbon fibre bodywork included - even lighter than the 1,100kgs Tuscan!

Still, I don't think there's a serious car in existence that can beat the 800 odd BHP/ton of the Speed 12 though Correct me if I'm wrong.
    There's an articalin this months Evo on TVR and the T400R, shameeverything went down the shitter. The last british sports car maker, a true legend in the hearts of englishmen
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    if it's feral piggies, wolves aren't their biggest problem..

you mean they still exist? didn't you guys wipe them out a century back?
    see...stuff like this is why i want the scandinavians to take after their viking heritage and go raping and pillaging across the UK and france again.
    hmm...
    ok..
    I'll look into that..
    I can gather some friends and take a trip over there..
    We have some annoying members from that pestered island to. We would have been better without them..Yeah you know who you are!!!

Thread Information