Thread: RuiM's Peugeot Concept

RuiM's Peugeot Concept

So, this was the "car" i submited in the last Peugeot competition. I later found out that there are a lot more entries named "lynx" Not that original but that really doesnt matter.

Peugeot Lynx

My car, the Lynx: inspired by a small, agile, tailless feline and made to be a fast, inspiring drive, a driver’s car. With space for two and luggage, easy to enter and to get out, low on the ground, 4 wheel drive with 25/75 distribution to the front and rear respectably. Made to be a true sports car and bringing the single seater emotion to the road. A car designed to inspire freedom and fun while driving, that kind of fun you had with a new toy. Light, fast, filled with emotion, a grown man’s toy with just enough unique details to make it a very special kind of car. My Lynx.

Body – Two body panels are used in the Lynx, they serve no structural purpose, there is an upper panel that covers the top of the car, the front and the back, then a second panel witch involves the car, underneath and by it’s sides, the body is made out of aluminum sprayed with ABS, a thin aluminum panel that is shaped and then sprayed over with ABS, enough of it to create a stronger panel witch then can be painted, this way the lynx offers a cheap body that can be easily replaced and is fully recyclable.
    Being two different elements, the body of the Lynx can be offered in a two tone color, the owner can even replace them later for different color combinations.

Chassis – Made out of extruded aluminum, it reveals part of itself to the viewer thru a line that creates the Lynx identity. It’s this chassis line that gives shape to the Peugeot front, opens in the middle for the passenger compartment and closes in the back. It involves the car and creates a sense of protection for those inside.

Suspension – the suspension works like a single seater; it uses an arm connected directly to the lower part of the wheel that transmits the vibration and chock to a spring/damper set.

Propulsion – The lynx is a hybrid, it uses a small 1.4cc HDI engine to power an electric generator witch then powers the Maglev drive in each off the wheels. As an option the power given to each wheel can be controlled automatically via computer simplifying the traction control, abs and stability control.

Wheels – Each one of the wheels works independently of the other, there are no axles to connect them to the engine. The drive is fully electric as well as the breaking witch works by reversing the polarity. The tire is connected to a rim that rolls over the maglev “track” in the inside rim. The inside rim is connected to the body via a swinging arm, a suspension arm and the steering arm. Made out of aluminum, it also contains the turn signal indicators and is painted the same color as the car. The back wheels are wider than the front ones, so the back wheels have more magnet area making them more powerful than the front ones, thus the 25% front and 75% back traction distribution.

Steering – Direct rack and pinion steering connected to the front wheels via a carbon fiber arm. The rear wheels also use this mechanism but with a 5% ratio of turn.

Lights – the front lights are “hidden” inside the body of the Lynx, when they are turned on, they move sideways and out to the open. The turn signals and presence lights are LED lights; the Medium/Maximum lights are bi-Xenon. The back lights are always present, inspired by more recent Peugeot models. The 3rd stop light is round and houses a Peugeot lion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ruim20; 02-19-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Bad picture format
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

That is a pretty cool concept I have to say. Innovation galore!

nice concept, really like the overall design, just... those... rear lights.... are odd.

Quote Originally Posted by illusionest View Post
    nice concept, really like the overall design, just... those... rear lights.... are odd.
    I tried to use Peugeot's current rear lights lines, but there's not much space to work in that back
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

What makes it for me are those wheels. The maglev is too cool.

Pretty nice. It's simple, and I like simple.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

I like it too. Those 3d's could be improved to make it look perfect. But I like all the ideas.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Thread Information