Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Maserati GranTurismo 2007-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Considering it costs 120.000€ or about Ł81,000 for you. Its rivals are the XKR, or a myriad of german coupes. I quite like the CL 500 or the XKR, but the Maserati can offer attributes the others can't have, it'd still be a tough choice for me.
    Ahem, a used Aston-Martin DB9 Manual can be had for about Ł80k...I like black.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Ahem, a used Aston-Martin DB9 Manual can be had for about Ł80k...I like black.
    Ok that's a good idea (which I hand't thought of), altough if you waited a year I guess you could possibly find one of those GranTurismos for Ł50,000 or Ł60,000.

It's not perfect, it doesn't look as pretty as it should and it has the wrong gearbox. But the prospect of a Maserati is so enticing...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Maserati GranTurismo #17
    Attached Images Attached Images

GranTurismo Zéda is the car created to celebrate the last day of production of the Maserati GranTurismo.
    • Zéda is the bridge which connects the past, the present and the future. It means “Z” in the Modena dialect, it pays tribute to Maserati’s roots and reminds us that there is a new beginning for every ending: Maserati starts for “Z” in anticipation of a new GranTurismo.
    • Renovation work has begun on the Modena Plant which will produce the new high-performance sports car as production of the Maserati GranTurismo and GranCabrio comes to an end.
    • The new GranTurismo and GranCabrio, to be produced at the Turin manufacturing hub, will herald a new era of electrification for the Maserati range of cars, constituting the first models to adopt 100% electric solutions in the history of the Brand.

Modena, 11th November 2019 - Maserati takes another step towards a new chapter of its story. The Brand will unveil a special car, the GranTurismo Zéda, to mark the end of production of the Maserati GranTurismo. The new car coincides with the Brand’s recent announcement regarding production innovations, electrification and autonomous driving, as renovation work commences at the Viale Ciro Menotti plant in Modena .

GranTurismo Zéda: from “Z” in anticipation of a New GranTurismo
    Maserati unveils a celebratory car set to tour the world in anticipation of the arrival of a new GranTurismo.

The unique model, sporting futuristic exterior shades designed by Centro Stile Maserati, tells the story of the dawn of a new era through colours and materials: GranTurismo Zéda is the bridge which connects the past, the present and the future of the Brand.

Observing the model from the rear section to the front, the surfaces change and become richer, shifting from a light satin finish to a burnished “metallurgic” effect.

The midsection slowly morphs once again, deepening all the way to Maserati blue. The blue also evolves, becoming energetic, electric, it seems alive, it seems like a mirror.

The finished overall effect is a masterpiece in the complex use and juxtaposition of vastly differing effects. Through manual skills we go back in time, with today’s technology and know-how constantly evolving towards the future.

The end of a Era

Hey Mario, I only have enough blue, silver and primer for a third of a car each. What should I do?

Screw it, just paint a third of the car!

Notice that none of the press releases have rear 3/4 views?

Honestly, I didn't really like the way it looked. Not really going to miss it. I will miss the engine, and that's about it.

There is a picture from the rear, but I skipped it because I didn't want to post one extra reply for one photo.
    And it wasn't pretty, but now I will post it. (later on the day)

I still think it's beautiful.

Goodbye Maserati V8.

(Miles did you like this one or are you going to continue to be just a pretend car enthusiast by disliking this one too? )
    Visca Catalunya!

Attached Images Attached Images

Who is Miles...?

Duell, I still appreciate the photos even if it's not my cup of tea. And that engine still sounds wonderful.

No, Albert, the blue is nice; I wished they'd painted the whole car with it...

As for the car, it was my favorite in Maserati's current lineup for what little that's worth. I definitely preferred it to the California.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I didn't mean so much about the car (modern day Kyalami with rounded styling?) but about the engine. Because you said you didn't like burbly AMG V8s and whatnot.

I'd prefer my Maserati V8s of this vintage to come with an extra couple of doors, if we are talking cars.
    Visca Catalunya!

I have never heard an Italian V8 that I didn't like. My problem with the AMG V8s is they're in a sort-of muscle car uncanny valley; going for the bellowing soundtrack of an American V8, but a little too clinical to quite hit the mark.

FWIW, I think Ford did a great job making the Coyote still feel like a proper V8, despite its technological decadence.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I didn't mean so much about the car (modern day Kyalami with rounded styling?) but about the engine. Because you said you didn't like burbly AMG V8s and whatnot.

I'd prefer my Maserati V8s of this vintage to come with an extra couple of doors, if we are talking cars.
    The 5th gen Quattroporte looked amazing and had a good V8 engine. Not sure if it's the same V8 engine though. Check out the video from Harry's Garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O8YonhQ-1Q
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 11-17-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I have never heard an Italian V8 that I didn't like. My problem with the AMG V8s is they're in a sort-of muscle car uncanny valley; going for the bellowing soundtrack of an American V8, but a little too clinical to quite hit the mark.

FWIW, I think Ford did a great job making the Coyote still feel like a proper V8, despite its technological decadence.
    Well, if we are discussing Mercedeses we could argue that the AMGs are possibly very un-Benz. I doubt 6.3s and 6.9s of the 60's and 70's sounded anything like them and they are the actual idea of a fast Merc.

However the AMGs of 2000s and early 2010s appeal my inner child (which is more and more restrained as time goes by...), they are like of sort of musclecars but which work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The 4th gen Quattroporte looked amazing and had a good V8 engine. Not sure if it's the same V8 engine though. Check out the video from Harry's Garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O8YonhQ-1Q
    I was actually referring to the fifth generation, which shared the engine with this. The fourth generation Quattroporte was related to the earlier Biturbos.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information