Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waugh-terfall's Mazda

My birthday is here!! My 1st driving lesson is on Wednesday morning! The car is mine, now at 44,044mi. I'm keeping the car, don't want a new one, can't really afford it. It'll do for me for now! Only one recent picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I've got a question:

Is the 1.3 DOHC Injection 16valve engine in my car the same as the 1.3EFI in my mates 1998 Ford Fiesta 1.3EFI and my other mates 2001 Ford Ka 1.3i?

Motion & Emotion

besides that their made by Ford?

I'm wondering whether it is the same engine in different states of tune, seeing as Ford own Mazda, they're all 16valve blocks, they're all 1.3s and they are all fuel injected.

Motion & Emotion

Try looking for engine stamps on them, but i'll check AutoData for you.

Theres two versions of the Mazda engine for that year on the 323, one standard and one with "Carburettor/Injection System : Make - Aisan"

Attached -

1. Engine tech for one with Carb
    2. Engine tech for normal one

And for the Fiesta - theres alot of engine codes for them so chose the first one

Looks like they are different - firing order is different.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adamfraser; 05-06-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I've got a question:

Is the 1.3 DOHC Injection 16valve engine in my car the same as the 1.3EFI in my mates 1998 Ford Fiesta 1.3EFI and my other mates 2001 Ford Ka 1.3i?
    Nope.

Your 323 has a Mazda B Family engine. The Ka (and the Fiesta I believe) have a Ford Kent engine (by then named Endura-E).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Aaah cool, thanks guys

Motion & Emotion

whatever you do bro, don't do what i did to my micra

swb K10=FTL
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

What did he do to it?

I had a challenge yesterday at 10.15pm last night after work. Mate on his 50cc Scooter wanted a race, I said no, so i sat infront of him at 28mph in a 30 all the way home, just slow enough for him to get annoyed with throttle-coast-throttle-coast but fast enough for him to be unable to over-take

Motion & Emotion

Being serious, it does look nice for a first car, in good condition and the mileage isn't too high for the age.
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 05-28-2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: removed spam link

Found a problem with it today. I've had a big haircut, now it's all styled and shizz, with the sunroof closed I can't sit up straight. lol, and it rained today, the wipers made aweful noises and they just smear the water all over the screen making it even harder to see out. Methinks it's time to get some new blades. Also, it's going into the garage, possibly next week to see if we can find why it's leaking oil (slowly) on the drive.

Got to (sort of) try it out performance-wise earlier on the A3, Mum in the passenger seat, sister in the back, came down the A3-Slip Road at Liphook heading towards Petersfield, very short slip-road, I pull out (the slip road is on a corner) check my mirrors again and find a very large coach coming up behind me very, very quickly, so I mashed the throttle in third... 3,250rpm... 4,000rpm... Mum says angrily "YOU ARE WAY PAST GEAR CHANGE TIME, CHANGE. GEAR!" Still with my foot to the floor with this bus filling my mirror says "Mum. Mirror!" "OH" she says 5,200rpm snatch 4th... 5,000rpm and into 5th and the coach started to get smaller.. The car doesn't exactly pull hard but it's sufficient for me, noise is ok but cruising at 65/70mph in 5th means I'm sitting at dead-on 3,000rpm and after a couple of minutes of "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR " you soon want to pull of the dual-carriageway and stick to normal roads for ever more.

EDIT: And one more thing. THANK GOD FOR LOCK-OUT COLLARS! I tried to stick it in 6th only to find I've only got 5 ratios to play with, luckily my car requires me to wiggle my gear stick about in Neutral a few times before It'll allow me to engage Reverse
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 05-25-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Motion & Emotion

A very exciting 2 days for me and the car. Long story, here goes:

So yesterday, Mum, my sister and I were taking one of her friends home to a villiage not far from me, but on the main road in was a huuge crash. After 20mins in the jam with cars all around me turning around in the road and going back I did the same, indicated, checked my mirrors and blind-spots pulled out and found there was a motorbike at my side, said sorry, got a thumbs up from him and he swung in behind me. About 4 or 5 miles back towards home I went down some back lanes to my sisters friends village, turns out it came out right where the crash was, with cars having come from both directions up this single-track lane we'd all gotten stuck. So after about 35mins stuck in this lane and lots of people running up and down relaying messages we got moving, I had to reverse for about 2miles back down this twisty, hilly, narrow lane until I found a driveway in which I could turn around in.

My sisters friend decided to get out and walk and I ehaded for home. I then decided to take a short-cut, a short-cut that turned out to add about 30 or 40minutes to my journey time... To begin with, there was a huuuugely steep single-track hill, about 1/3 or 1/2 the way up my car (in 2nd gear) began to bog down, VERY quickly so I threw it into 1st and gave it some. Wheelspin, **** loads of wheelspin, eased off the throttle and I started to make slow progress for another mile. Then at the top of the hill they'd been laying new gravel on the track so there was a 10mph limit imposed for the whole 6mi of lane. Oh what fun.

Now today. Having dropped my sister off at the Stables the heavens opened, unbelieveably heavy rainfall coming down at such a rate. Mum & I headed down the back lanes into town to take some garden waste to the dump, after joining the main road we traveled 2 out of 3miles into town when we hit a huuge tailback, cars all turning around again. Oh. Great. Deja vu! So I took the next left up through a housing estate and emerged the other side, down another lane which would bring me out behind a pub and back onto the main road again. As we approached the pub we saw a Range-Rover fording a flooded road. Great, now we're buggered... Range blasted through no problem, coming the other way was a Golf IV so I waited for it to come through, the water being about 1.5 to 2ft deep in the middle of the narrow road, so i aimed for the middle, selected 1st and inched my way through the water. Having made it out the other side I pulled back onto the main road and headed towards a back track through the common that would take me to the dump.

At the entrance/exit onto the main road I had to squeeze past a new Audi A8 that had rear-ended an old Ducati and made my way up the track. Many people had the same idea as me, in both directions. About 1.5mi down this 3mi track we all got stuck. Luckily there were banks on either side without ditches, so we all drove up the bank, 2 wheels on the road, 2 wheels on the bank all driving at a 25degree angle to the road to pass each other. Exactly the same story the way back, took the long way 7mi detour back to the tiny hamlet in the middle of nowhere to pick up my sister and headed for home.
    I've gotta be cursed or something, 2 days in a row we've had disaterous journeys! The little Mazda never put a foot wrong and I suppose for me, a great lesson in tackling hazards and tricky situations. Great fun, but not exactly something I'd like to take on every day...

Motion & Emotion

Well, I've had 4 days driving it on my own now, 3 trips to the petrol station, by wallet is £45 lighter. I passed my driving test on Monday morning with only 3 minors and have been driving to college, into town and to the park for lunch etc but next week its off to the garage for a health check. After the new exhaust mid and rear sections were fitted in March it's had a very slight rattle than appears when taking junctions in 2nd or pulling away under load but now it's almost constant and rather loud. It's also going to have some oil drained after the garage over-filled it and the seals checked as it's been leaking slowly for some time now. Right now it's splattered with grapes and a couple of mates thought it might be funny to pelt it with grapes as I parked up at college!

Motion & Emotion

Lower it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information