Thread: Any Mechanical Engineering Students in Formula SAE out there?

Any Mechanical Engineering Students in Formula SAE out there?

Just wondering if anyone is involved in Formula SAE. I'm about to get into it next semester, its a very interesting competition.

Check out more about it at www.sae.org/students/formula.htm
    Last edited by Ferrari Tifosi; 04-13-2004 at 01:22 PM.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

2nd year Mech student at University of Toronto, and also 2nd year in our FSAE team....

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

wow man that looks amazing i dont think that there is much like that areound where i live but i am trying to get into rally driving.

those cars (http://www.sae.org/students/fsae2002pix.htm) that are on that site look pretty cool
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    wow man that looks amazing i dont think that there is much like that areound where i live but i am trying to get into rally driving.

those cars (http://www.sae.org/students/fsae2002pix.htm) that are on that site look pretty cool
    BTW there is a European/British equivelent of the series called Formula Student, it takes place usually in early July, and for the last few years in Bruntingthrope Proving Ground in Leicester(sp?)

UofT's car won last year's Formula Student.....

Formula Student Website: http://www.imeche.org.uk/formulastudent/index.htm

a good site for general interaction between teams:
    www.fsae.com

I was on the formula team in SAE at the SUNY Buffalo back around 1996, before I changed majors from mech. eng. to computer science. I did a lot of aluminum machining on suspension components, control arms, etc.
    Never went to the competition at the Silverdome though. As I remember, our car did 0-70 if 4 seconds flat and weighed about 600 lbs with driver.

Formula Student

Hello everyone, i`m a fourth year student who will be co-running the University of Newcastle upon Tyne`s entry into next years UK competition. I was a junior team member last year when we finished 29th in our first year in the competition (endurance and static events lost us alot of points). If we can learn from our mistakes this year we hope for a top ten finish.

What sort of budgets do you have???

ANdy

Thread Information